Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CXX seat inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 08:21 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

First, I would like to thank Lapis, who was at Atlanta about the same time as me late last year. He has made some outstanding posts on PTS, CXX, and seats, and helped me. Also Eduardo has been great, no surprise there. I have been working on a PTS GT3 also, and will add a little additional info and confirmation below:

1) Customize seat is $8875 - True
2) This includes all kinds of goodies if you so chose, crest, piping, etc - true
3) If you pay the $8875 for a substantially fully customized seat, that includes the seat back in leather so you do not see the silver - FALSE - this is what I was told originally, but after turnover at Atlanta Yana has been my contact and has been outstanding (prompt, courteous, and accurate) . She informed me even though full customization can provide many, many options, the seat back in leather is not one of them. That's $1870 more on top of the $8875.
4) If you only want the houndstooth, you can skip the $8875 and take door #2 for the bargain price of $3555. TRUE and FALSE. True for full buckets, false for sofas. To get houndstooth on sofa's, you must go full custom seat.

If you really want to hear them laugh, say, "really, if I wait until later in the run, can't I get back seats and a duck tail?"
Old 01-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by indianam3
First, I would like to thank Lapis, who was at Atlanta about the same time as me late last year. He has made some outstanding posts on PTS, CXX, and seats, and helped me. Also Eduardo has been great, no surprise there. I have been working on a PTS GT3 also, and will add a little additional info and confirmation below:

1) Customize seat is $8875 - True
2) This includes all kinds of goodies if you so chose, crest, piping, etc - true
3) If you pay the $8875 for a substantially fully customized seat, that includes the seat back in leather so you do not see the silver - FALSE - this is what I was told originally, but after turnover at Atlanta Yana has been my contact and has been outstanding (prompt, courteous, and accurate) . She informed me even though full customization can provide many, many options, the seat back in leather is not one of them. That's $1870 more on top of the $8875.
4) If you only want the houndstooth, you can skip the $8875 and take door #2 for the bargain price of $3555. TRUE and FALSE. True for full buckets, false for sofas. To get houndstooth on sofa's, you must go full custom seat.

If you really want to hear them laugh, say, "really, if I wait until later in the run, can't I get back seats and a duck tail?"
I also wish to thank Eduardo for his advice, too.

I didn’t know #4 since I’m getting LWB’s, but knowing that now makes me happy in a strange way, as I had considered getting 4-way sofas with Houndstooth centers on the notion that at only $3555 it’d be cheaper than LWB’s without any CXX, even with heated seats, and they’d be comfortable yet special. Now that I know that’s impossible at that price, I will have less chance of wondering whether I should’ve chosen differently. I suppose it makes sense, when I was considering that, I was even thinking $3555 seemed like a better deal on sofas than LWBs given how much easier of a swap they are on LWBs.

I also tried last April asking for ducktail and back seats to the same reception you got apparently.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:56 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Just found these on Insta.

Shizzle, the Black makes a big difference. Never noticed before. Too bad it's not available.
That's the first real look at the "carbon shifter" option available via CXX for ~$1k, confirming that it is a mix of aluminum and carbon fiber and not all black like the 911R.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Does anyone know the CXX code or number for silver/black as my dealer can’t find to order me seat inserts only option ... please help?

cheers Brian
Old 04-10-2018, 09:07 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
Does anyone know the CXX code or number for silver/black as my dealer can’t find to order me seat inserts only option ... please help?

cheers Brian
Your dealer cannot select or initiate this process afaik. You have to contact Porsche Exclusive at customerconsultations@porsche.us with your commission number. They will set up the CXX request to PAG and if approved, PAG will issue a UDB code for you dealer to input into the CXX notes in the PSVMS. Porsche Exclusive would then send you a print out of the CXX items and note.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:12 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

cheers Brian
I was told yesterday by Exclusive that the insert only option is no longer offered. You have to do the full seat customization in order to change the insert.

February was was the last month that it was offered.

Quick Reply: CXX seat inserts