Sponsored by:

Leather/Stitching on A/C Vents?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 07:25 PM
rodney2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rshanholtz

I ordered option CDN with my PTS build (Voodoo Blue) and asked for the slats to be painted a color other than PTS Exterior Color, This was approved as a CXX option (THANKS YANA). The price remained $1,720. I kept the leather surround in Black and the Stitching in Red to match the interior stitch color. I made the color of the vent slats subdued but not Black. I also made the dash trim (EKA) the same subdued color along with the Center Console Painted and Climate Control Painted. I went with Carbon in my GT4 and wanted to do something a little different this go around.
You need to frame that invoice and hang it on the wall. Getting Exclusive to do something for free is like winning a gold medal in the Olympics.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:35 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by rodney2
If Rshanholtz was able to get deviated slat color on PTS, more than likely they would do it with standard color options. I would ask Porsche Exclusive if they would give you CDN with no painted slats since the slats are already black in standard mode. Might luck out and get it at standard $1720 price since that would be so easy for them to do. Don't be afraid to call Porsche Exclusive in Atlanta. Their job is to assist you in personalizing your Porsche. They will be happy to assist you. For the record I don't like the metallic trim either.
Can't hurt to call and ask. Do I need to discuss with my dealer first?
Old 01-07-2018, 08:27 PM
rodney2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your dealer should be able to get you a more direct number. Otherwise Atlanta operator will probably ask you for a call back # or an email address and then the consultant would contact you. I've seen Yanna's contact info listed on the forum just recently. But I couldn't find it.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:37 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

I am getting the vent slats painted exterior PTS Irish Green but the leather deviating with the CDN option at no additional cost. My leather is COGNAC as my GT3 seats and sills are COGNAC leather also. CXX LBW seat with green piping. Dev stitch green throughout too. So with CDN - looks like you get to pick, vent colour, stitch colour and leather colour sometimes??
Old 01-07-2018, 08:42 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by rodney2
You need to frame that invoice and hang it on the wall. Getting Exclusive to do something for free is like winning a gold medal in the Olympics.
Seriously. I had asked about these in deviating color because I wanted them in red, and was quoted like $3500.. I quit the whole CXX process right then as it all ceased to make sense on a $143k car to me.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:04 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Can't hurt to call and ask. Do I need to discuss with my dealer first?
Asking a dealer for info is your best bet if you have not received your allocation yet.

As for Atlanta, they will politely ask for your commission # to confirm you are in their system with a car on order in your name.
If you do not, it's very likely Atlanta will put you on "ignore" until you are able to provide this. This was my experience at the start.

If you have a commission # then Atlanta is your source for all things CXX and much more.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:05 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

You will need a commission number aka a V070 order or higher. Go through your dealer.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:20 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Asking a dealer for info is your best bet if you have not received your allocation yet.

As for Atlanta, they will politely ask for your commission # to confirm you are in their system with a car on order in your name.
If you do not, it's very likely Atlanta will put you on "ignore" until you are able to provide this. This was my experience at the start.

If you have a commission # then Atlanta is your source for all things CXX and much more.

Originally Posted by evilfij
You will need a commission number aka a V070 order or higher. Go through your dealer.
I do have a commission number.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:01 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I just got my car delivered with the CXX option leather air vent surrounds with standard vents. Here are a couple pictures so you guys can see that the option is available.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:24 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger

I just got my car delivered with the CXX option leather air vent surrounds with standard vents. Here are a couple pictures so you guys can see that the option is available.
That CXX option is leather surrounds AND leather vent slats, correct? Could you hack if your slats are leather if you haven’t already?
Old 01-23-2018, 02:05 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33

That CXX option is leather surrounds AND leather vent slats, correct? Could you hack if your slats are leather if you haven’t already?

No it is just leather air vent surrounds. The vent slats are the standard black plastic.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:46 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I asked my dealer about this and they said no lol. So I'm just going with the painted vent surrounds/trim and going with black.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:43 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
No it is just leather air vent surrounds. The vent slats are the standard black plastic.
Interesting. Exclusive had told me this was not possible, and I had to get leather slats or painted slats to get the outside in leather. Do you know what this was called exactly by your Exclusive rep (or better yet, what did it say on your build sheet exactly)? And was it the same $1720 option even though nothing was done to the slats themselves?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

I ordered painted slats in PTS color (and naturally the leather surrounds that come with it, and in my case with stitching in deviated thread, one of the additional up-charge thread colors). Was glad to see the price remained as per the configurator. I.e., it is the same price whether you have chosen PTS or not for the slats (or if you want a deviated color for the slats as seems to be the case per above posts).

I was afraid there will be an additional upcharge if you want a PTS/deviated color for the slats above and beyond the the $1,720 (e.g. getting the beltline trim in exterior color is a no cost option for any of the standard colors, but if you chose PTS that all of a sudden is...$2,640)
Old 01-12-2023, 12:17 PM
vinn98
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CXX vents and dash end covers

Quick Reply: Leather/Stitching on A/C Vents?