More GRP Bypasses Shipping Out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 07:21 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Our mutual client Corey's new 2018 Porsche 991 GT3 screaming down the straightaway at Circuit of The Americas with BBi Autosport / Graham Rahal Performance Center Section Exhaust.

Inside car video from another track day

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 05-01-2018 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 03-23-2018, 08:17 PM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts

GRP or BBi,

Is there a reason that you chose not to blend the two banks together with a mini x-pipe the way some of the other center bypasses are designed? Just curious, as I'm starting the search for a center bypass for my .2 GT3.

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2018, 08:55 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by johnsopa
GRP or BBi,

Is there a reason that you chose not to blend the two banks together with a mini x-pipe the way some of the other center bypasses are designed? Just curious, as I'm starting the search for a center bypass for my .2 GT3.

Thanks!
Personal opinion is a couple things. First off, the way we actually merge the gasses is the true X-Pipe. The pipes always merge and blend in a seamless manor like this. Some of my partners in other products who make all of the exhaust for Toyota Racing in nascar etc agrees, this is the best way. A tube across the back, sure it is there, but it’s not the most efficient way to do this, and it’s a heavier way to do it as well. Ours is very simple. The size of our bellows and piping also Allows for this and stabilizes the pipe.

Lastly, i do think it makes an audible difference. I will challenge anyone, and have done with current customers who used others exhausts before, and they’ll agree. Ours sounds the best.

We woukd love to have you running our system. I have them in stock ready for you today!
Old 03-23-2018, 09:14 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

GRP or BBi,

Thanks!
Oh. Last reason to go with us, customer service. I’m at your finger tips 24/7. Whatever you need, I’ll response. I don’t care if it’s Indy 500 week or vacation week, I’m here for my customers.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:32 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm trying to determine the visual difference between the .1 bypass and the .2 bypass, specifically where the tips end up in relation to the bumper.

1. Is the bumper different from the .1 to the .2 in terms of where the tips end up.
2. Can you put the .1 bypass on the .2 car
3. Can you put the .2 bypass on the .1 car

The below is a sapphire blue that shows a .2 and the tips are flush with the bumper.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post14889757
Old 03-23-2018, 11:41 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mass27
I'm trying to determine the visual difference between the .1 bypass and the .2 bypass, specifically where the tips end up in relation to the bumper.

1. Is the bumper different from the .1 to the .2 in terms of where the tips end up.

The below is a sapphire blue that shows a .2 and the tips are flush with the bumper.

Ok, to answer your questions.

1) yes in a way, basically the exhaust tip needs to be longer in order to protrude out from the bumper. If you use the .1 exhaust on a .2 it works no problem, but the tips will be flush with the bumper and not stick out at all. Some customers may prefer that look, we've had customers go either way on this!
2) as noted above, yes you can. You can use it if you want. The .2 exhaust is 13mm longer tips than the .1.
3) yes you could, it will just stick out a ways longer. There's nothing wrong with that, its just gonna stick out more!

Here is a .2 with a .1 exhaust in red, then a .2 on a .2 in Lichtgrun. I know its tough to see from this angle, but the carmine red car is flush, the lightgrun sticks out. Hope this helps!

Old 03-23-2018, 11:54 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Very detailed response.

Would you agree that putting your .1 bypass on a .2 will appear just as flush as the stock exhaust on the .2? It appears the stock tips on a .2 are flush.

Thanks for always being so responsive.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:55 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Very detailed response.

Would you agree that putting your .1 bypass on a .2 will appear just as flush as the stock exhaust on the .2? It appears the stock tips on a .2 are flush.

Thanks for always being so responsive.
Yes I absolutely agree with this statement! It will be identical
Old 03-24-2018, 12:08 AM
johnsopa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPerformance
Personal opinion is a couple things. First off, the way we actually merge the gasses is the true X-Pipe. The pipes always merge and blend in a seamless manor like this. Some of my partners in other products who make all of the exhaust for Toyota Racing in nascar etc agrees, this is the best way. A tube across the back, sure it is there, but it’s not the most efficient way to do this, and it’s a heavier way to do it as well. Ours is very simple. The size of our bellows and piping also Allows for this and stabilizes the pipe.
Wait, are you saying this center bypass does have an x-pipe designed into it? I didn't realize that looking at the pictures. Did I miss it in the pics?

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2018, 12:15 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Wait, are you saying this center bypass does have an x-pipe designed into it? I didn't realize that looking at the pictures. Did I miss it in the pics?

Thanks!
Yes absolutely. They’re seamlessly welded together with the 2-3 inch opening split right in the center of the pipes where they merge. Here’s a photo
Old 03-26-2018, 01:19 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Here are pictures of the internal Bypass Opening

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 03-26-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I have a GRP on my .2 and it is flush with the Bumper which I prefer. From my understanding, you can adjust and make them protrude
Old 03-26-2018, 02:23 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have a GRP on my .2 and it is flush with the Bumper which I prefer. From my understanding, you can adjust and make them protrude
Yes, but what VERSION of GRP do you have on your .2. There are now 2 versions with 1 of them having longer tips. I would guess you have the .1 version on your .2 as the result is tips that are flush with your bumper. According to Graham above, it does not seem you can adjust the bypass to affect the ending location of the tips.

Can you share a picture?
Old 03-26-2018, 03:43 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Yes, but what VERSION of GRP do you have on your .2. There are now 2 versions with 1 of them having longer tips. I would guess you have the .1 version on your .2 as the result is tips that are flush with your bumper. According to Graham above, it does not seem you can adjust the bypass to affect the ending location of the tips.

Can you share a picture?
See below. Mine are flush and they did confirm twice I had the the longer tips. Now- I am happy with it being flush but as long as there is not any technical difference between .1/.2

Old 03-26-2018, 03:50 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^^Very possible they screwed up sent me the .1 tips but what do I know.

In the end, the flush looks great with the larger tips so it looks stock but with much larger tips

Quick Reply: More GRP Bypasses Shipping Out!