Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My dream comes true!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:30 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Congrats on living the dream - AR color looks amazing. Looking forward to more pics..
Old 01-03-2018, 07:51 PM
Boxsterbabe14
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many thanks for all the kind comments. She was not what I was expecting when I first saw her; I was expecting a deeper burgundy color (the website pictures from the dealership are a bit off from reality. However, after driving her and seeing her in different lighting conditions, the color really grew on me. Like several other colors discussed on this forum, it changes depending on the lighting conditions. Now, I absolutely love it!

Have you considered magnets behind the bumper to hold the front plate on? Also 3M tape is some incredible stuff. That is one great looking car! Please do not screw a front license plate into the bumper!!!

Congrats on your purchase. Cant wait to see some more pictures. That is one of the best looking reds I have ever seen.
No worries about drilling a front bumper - I've already ordered a US Mill Works Front License Plate Tow Hook Mount Bracket. I have them on my other P-cars and I really like them. I am looking for the name plate frame that encloses the state license plate. Although I saw some posts arguing that it is redundant to have a frame say "GT3" when the car has the GT3 emblem on the back almost directly above the license area, I like the look, especially for the front plate. I have been fortunate enough to find the model specific OEM name logo stainless steel frames to enclose the license plate for all of my other P-cars. However, I am running into a wall on this one. Hershey's Swap Meet is my next best bet after watching ebay listings. Last resort will be to order the after-market 2 hole CF frame and use 3M tape to hold.

Congrats.
Why wait until spring to drive? Put on a set of Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 245/35/20 front and 295/30/20 rear. It's very capable in the snow and these cars aren't going to melt when it sees salt.
If you saw my "white" truck, you'd think again (my truck is really black). I would be arrested by the Crimes Against Cars Police if I did that to this car.
Congrats on living the dream - AR color looks amazing. Looking forward to more pics..
I know I had to post at least one because if you don't, it didn't happen. More pictures as soon as it warms up a little (have you lucky warm climate people seen the weather forecast for the East Coast for tomorrow?)
Congrats, you couldn't have gotten it from a better dealer!
Agree - POTML made everything easy! The SA Jinal Patel was especially great to work with.
Congrats and enjoy! I believe it was a factory Porsche color ~2012-2014. It’s not PTS as it was available as a special color on 2014 GT3. It is very special though as few were ordered in amaranth red.
Thank you for the clarification. I know that is a rare color as so few people order it. I'm not sure why since it truly is a beautiful, unusual color that an admirer already described as, "classy and sophisticated." So, calling Eduardo - what is the history behind this color? Years it was available? Was it limited to certain models?
Old 01-03-2018, 07:56 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Congrats - an awesome looking build! Enjoy and drive in good health

I am with Jnosol...I would throw winter tires on it and have some fun
Old 01-03-2018, 08:02 PM
kblask
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

That's achingly gorgeous. Definitely an incredibly rare spec for the .1 GT3. Maybe consider a move to a nicer climate?
Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

very nice color indeed congratulations ..........and more pics
Old 01-03-2018, 10:55 PM
PC Valkyrie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, congratulations!. I have a 2014 Amaranth red GT3 too! It was a "special colour" that costed $3590 in Canada (don't know the cost in the USA) when I ordered the car. It was and I think still is the only metallic red colour that is offered on the 991. Yes, the shade of red can change dramatically depending on the lighting. It's very unique and not many other 991's will be painted this colour.

Enjoy your car.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:08 PM
Fast Doc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking colour and car.

Welcome to the club!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:40 PM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats beautiful
Old 01-04-2018, 09:19 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Your gonna love it!! what a shame its single digit and nasty out. I hate winter.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:46 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice color - looks good on the car - haven't seen that before!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:48 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxsterbabe14
If you saw my "white" truck, you'd think again (my truck is really black). I would be arrested by the Crimes Against Cars Police if I did that to this car.

Thank you for the clarification. I know that is a rare color as so few people order it. I'm not sure why since it truly is a beautiful, unusual color that an admirer already described as, "classy and sophisticated." So, calling Eduardo - what is the history behind this color? Years it was available? Was it limited to certain models?
I actually waffled between Amaranth Red and Sapphire Blue for my 2014. I ended up with Sapphire Blue.

As for the "Crimes Against Cars Police," I drove my GT3 about 110 miles yesterday in that mess we had here around Baltimore. Last night, my wife even said BOY IS YOUR CAR DIRTY. So, it's REALLY dirty. I posted to Rennlist, a couple of years ago, a picture someone sent me of me driving around the beltway in a snow storm. If there's anyone for the CACP to come after, that would be me I have the Pilot Alpins on it...

Won't be warm enough to wash it this weekend, either. But, maybe next weekend
Old 01-05-2018, 08:52 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful. I actually like AR very much. Congrats!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,574 Posts

That must look fantastic. I really wanted a 911 in that color, but couldn't find one that fit the equipment that I wanted. Wow!

For the plate, I definitely recommend the 3M tape solution. Much better than a plate mount as you can position it wherever and however you want, and you can contour it to the bumper. I've had it in my Cayenne for 4 years and it hasn't loosened or budged a bit.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:27 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

One of the best colors they ever made
Old 01-06-2018, 01:16 AM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

Congratulations, enjoy!

Quick Reply: My dream comes true!