Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carmine Rocket Ship! Perfection...except for this one thing.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 08:02 PM
AARP_981_GT4
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was your car parked at the Port of Oakland parking lot yesterday? I saw a new Carmine Red car with the 911.ORG license plate frame and Auto Gallery license plate! It looked awesome!
Old 01-04-2018, 09:05 PM
kbGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by AARP_981_GT4
Was your car parked at the Port of Oakland parking lot yesterday? I saw a new Carmine Red car with the 911.ORG license plate frame and Auto Gallery license plate! It looked awesome!
That was, indeed, my GT3! I work out of our Jack London Square office a few days a week. Thanks for the kind words! PM me if you're in the area often and we'll have to find a time to meet up.

Cheers,

Kevin
Old 01-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Road trip in new GT3

Great post Kevin. I just picked up my new GT3 at the Auto Gallery today from Myron. I also live up north and am considering driving her home as well. What route did you take and how long did it take

Originally Posted by kbGT
That was, indeed, my GT3! I work out of our Jack London Square office a few days a week. Thanks for the kind words! PM me if you're in the area often and we'll have to find a time to meet up.

Cheers,

Kevin
Old 01-04-2018, 09:54 PM
kbGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hex
Great post Kevin. I just picked up my new GT3 at the Auto Gallery today from Myron. I also live up north and am considering driving her home as well. What route did you take and how long did it take
Congrats on your new GT3!!! If your drive is anything like mine, you'll have a blast "transporting" it up to NorCal.

Here's the route my wife and I drove:

https://goo.gl/maps/SFrh2JTPXgM2

Our trip included a stop off at Malibu Farm Pier Cafe for brunch and an overnight at Bernardus Lodge and Spa in Carmel, which is very close to Laguna Seca and super nice if you're into making a relaxed multi-day road trip out of it (tip: book with your Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts, if you've got an Amex Plat, for a bunch of meal and spa credits).

It was about 8 hours of driving in all, and around 500 miles. It's a beautiful route, with lots of scenic photo ops both along the coast and inland! I was kicking myself for not bringing the Canon 5D MkIII to document the trip. In retrospect, I was probably having too much fun driving to bother stopping for photos all that often, anyhow

Have fun, and please hit me up if you discover anything fun along the way! It won't be the last time I engage in this Porsche-buying ritual...

Cheers,

Kevin
Old 01-04-2018, 10:06 PM
emcgolfer
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the super build....looking absolutely amazing.....

and yowzah, that Carmine Red is the real dealio.......;-) Good luck.....
Old 01-04-2018, 10:55 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Beautiful car! Congrats!

Also, Laguna Seca, great choice. Biased to the "Rahal Straight" we are! haha

Quick Reply: Carmine Rocket Ship! Perfection...except for this one thing.