Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Local Dealer has just posted a GT3 for MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 06:56 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

While I appreciate the OP passing this along I never understood why people post info and say "PM me".....I just don't get it.....why not just say.....my local dealer X has a car for sale at $________......google the number and give them a call......all these cars posted on dealer website and cars.com are just computer generated and mean really nothing.....the only ads I believe are ones with the actual pictures of the cars in them.....and even those don't even post an accurate price sometimes
Old 12-24-2017, 12:48 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
While I appreciate the OP passing this along I never understood why people post info and say "PM me".....I just don't get it.....why not just say.....my local dealer X has a car for sale at $________......google the number and give them a call......all these cars posted on dealer website and cars.com are just computer generated and mean really nothing.....the only ads I believe are ones with the actual pictures of the cars in them.....and even those don't even post an accurate price sometimes
Makes them feel powerful and special I guess??
Old 12-24-2017, 01:18 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,787 Likes on 4,776 Posts

Because sometimes there's the price for the public (i.e. everyone) and then there's the price for "me"
Old 12-24-2017, 01:54 AM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
With what? The opportunity to buy a bloated dealer spec car in your third choice of color?
LOL!
Old 12-24-2017, 02:02 AM
GT3Bobby
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami Blue

Ordered my Miami Blue GT3 at local dealer in Socal back in May. I was told there may be a Market Adustment when car comes. But when the car arrived Nov 10 the salesman said they stopped doing that s&@it and sold it to me at sticker. $172k w moderate options. Did PEC Atlanta delivery and drove it home cross country with my wife.

Best time ever. Especially after 2000 mike break in. Hello Launch Control. Lol

Last edited by GT3Bobby; 12-24-2017 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-24-2017, 02:43 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3Bobby
Ordered my Miami Blue GT3 at local dealer in Socal back in May. I was told there may be a Market Adustment when car comes. But when the car arrived Nov 10 the salesman said they stopped doing that s&@it and sold it to me at sticker. $172k w moderate options. Did PEC Atlanta delivery and drove it home cross country with my wife.

Good for you on many accounts. You will always remember this experience!
Old 12-24-2017, 07:02 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

great first post!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:34 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Getting 100 calls in 10 minutes due to a RL post probably doesn't help the negotiation process.
That is why I did not post the dealer name and asked for those interested to PM me. Needless to say I am not a happy camper with my dealer and plan to let the GM know in person next week. I spent considerable time trying to help fellow RL's access a car at MSRP only to find the dealer was disingenuous in their advertising. This is not truth in advertising and leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth and I was not even interested in the car.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:37 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

I did not want to have 100 calls in ten minutes bid up the price. This was posted as a real dealer advertisement for a new car.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:39 AM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt

Makes them feel powerful and special I guess??
You must have a degree from Harvard to make this comment. Again, my intent was to limit dealer response to only those interested. Next time, I will keep my mouth shut and mind my own business and let you guys figure it out for yourselves. I would have saved an hour answering private mail to no avail. If I sound pissed off by your comment, I AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I did not want to have 100 calls in ten minutes bid up the price. This was posted as a real dealer advertisement for a new car.
You did it right. That’s the exact reason you don’t just broadcast the info in general. Shame the dealer was being a dealer.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:37 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Bobby, your car is beautiful and we hope you are enjoying all the GMG upgrades..... Thermal Track Day coming up in Jan!! :-)

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 12-24-2017, 08:44 PM
StanfordCardGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I recently received a message and talked to my local norcal dealer for a fully loaded chalk GT3 at msrp after a buyer fell through. It definitely pained me to have to turn it down (due to certain must have options/color), but this still gives me hope that good dealers still exist.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:45 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by StanfordCardGT3
I recently received a message and talked to my local norcal dealer for a fully loaded chalk GT3 at msrp after a buyer fell through. It definitely pained me to have to turn it down (due to certain must have options/color), but this still gives me hope that good dealers still exist.
Hopefully you are not referring to a new car at Porsche Livermore. There is a loaded chalk asking 45 K over.
Jack
Old 12-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
Hopefully you are not referring to a new car at Porsche Livermore. There is a loaded chalk asking 45 K over.
Jack
Livermore is the worst when it comes to ADMs and secondary market pricing on GT cars. They make all the other NorCal dealers look like saints.

Quick Reply: My Local Dealer has just posted a GT3 for MSRP