Sponsored by:

JNOSOL's 991.2 GT3 - OCD DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:34 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Thanks Pete. Going to put these Michelin Alpin PA4 to good use. =)

Dumb question. What the heck is "000"?
fantastic Porsche magazine

https://www.000magazine.com

get it. you won't regret it. I learned more about Porsche in one magazine than the past 12 months on RL
Old 12-23-2017, 12:55 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Sorry to hear about your loss but glad you have the opportunity to move into a true GT Car! The 20% more description helps out a lot. I will have the opportunity to get some seat time (passenger) in a .2 in Germany. I know I will absolutely love the experience which will only make me want one even more.

Good luck with your GT3 and keep the posts going

BTW "000" is the model digits used in P Cars (991, 993 etc.) (I'm sure Pete will have a better explanation but this is my understanding) . It's pronounced "Triple Zero". I just subscribed and can't wait for the delivery. I've heard nothing but good things.
Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
fantastic Porsche magazine

https://www.000magazine.com

get it. you won't regret it. I learned more about Porsche in one magazine than the past 12 months on RL
Thanks guys. Triple 0s. Nice.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:48 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,256 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Thanks Pete. Going to put these Michelin Alpin PA4 to good use. =)

Dumb question. What the heck is "000"?
Not a dumb question. You can learn more at 000magazine.com

Thanks for the kind comments, all, and thank you, Jnosol for a thread that reminds me what's great about forums, and Rennlist.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:08 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Why did you go with wiring to fusebox instead one of those pin wires set up that picks power up in the mirror?
Old 12-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by meaker
Why did you go with wiring to fusebox instead one of those pin wires set up that picks power up in the mirror?
Mirror Tap doesn't work so well on this car. I could never get the wires to seat properly in the molex plug. I'm going to box in my RS as well. Just picked up my fuse tap last night. It's super easy to do.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:53 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by meaker
Originally Posted by Money2536
Mirror Tap doesn't work so well on this car. I could never get the wires to seat properly in the molex plug. I'm going to box in my RS as well. Just picked up my fuse tap last night. It's super easy to do.
Correct. 3 problems with MirrorTap: (1) The wires are too short. (2) Time consuming to get it right. (3) Chance of shorting out the mirror circuit board which isn't a cheap fix.

Fuse Tap takes the same amount of time and much safer. Never have to worry about 2 pins touching or breaking.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:56 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Default Cleaning and Maintaining Alcantara

Alcantara requires a bit more maintenance than leather. Every 500 miles or so, brush the Alcantara to remove dust and it perks fiber up. For the steering wheel, shifters, and stains - I use Adams Polishes Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. Just spray onto a microfiber cloth, then wipe the steering wheel, shifter, and stains. After it dries up for 30min, brush it gently.

Products
Brush: http://adamspolishes.com/shop/access...pit-brush.html
Cleaner: http://adamspolishes.com/shop/interi...y-cleaner.html

FYI: I'm not sponsored or affiliated with Adams Polishes. You can use similar product, but I like Adams Polishes products because they smell good and I have good luck with them. I don't like their leather products though, way too greasy for my taste. Instead, I use BMW leather conditioner. Works way better, looks matte, and smells great.

Please excuse my OCD brush strokes.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:36 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Default Center Muffler

DIY coming soon, Soul Performance Products center muffler.

The 991.2 GT3 is perfect, but needs a little more volume. I decided to upgrade the center muffler to get a bit more volume during WOT. I realized there isn't any power benefit with this upgrade, so couldn't justify paying $1,200-1,500 more for another established brand. Soul backs their product with a lifetime warranty, at $895 there's not much to think about.

My future plan is to run Dundon Catless Headers with their Lifetime Muffler, but my bank account says hold off for now.

Here's what I gathered from my hours of exhaust research for the GT3.

Center Muffler: As long as there's an x or cross over pipes, they'll sound the same. Pay for the brand you like. If you run catless headers, you'll want Dundon lifetime muffler as it's made of 321SS. Resists oil canning and corrosion. Never use OEM muffler with catless headers unless you weld a reinforcement plate on it.
Full Exhaust: Akra sounds nearly like factory (to me). If you want the F1 sound, go for FI, Armytrix, and IPE exhaust. From what I gathered Porsche did a great job on the exhaust, it's hard to believe any manufacturer can report a gain of power without touching the headers. If an exhaust company report 15HP+ gain, ask for 3rd party dyno proof or run away as fast as you can.
Headers: All research says either Fabspeed Long Tube Race Headers or Dundon Race Headers. However, no matter what the manufacturer say, ECU flash is required or you'll get a CEL. Catted Dundon long tube headers seem promising if it really makes 30whp and no tune.
Material: Titanium sounds raspy. Inconel welds seem questionable and raspy. Don't waste on high end material unless you have money to burn and want your car to sound like a Super Bike.

Old 01-15-2018, 04:47 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Nice write ups. I'm getting winters for my car when it comes next winter. Tired of winter garage queens
Old 01-15-2018, 05:06 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by tasman
Nice write ups. I'm getting winters for my car when it comes next winter. Tired of winter garage queens
GT3 in the winter is super fun. I try to keep my distance from others when it's snowing out.

Old 01-15-2018, 06:57 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Awesome write up. Loving the gold wheels on white. Thanks for making me want to spend more $$$ lol
Old 01-15-2018, 07:51 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

I love that you drive your car and I am enjoying the read.

Lately I have been getting more and more annoyed by all these "garage queens". Our local PCA is full of them. I post up drives all the time and events and no one can go unless they are less than 40 miles and include eating. Those same people will talk to you like they are Porsche aficionados and all about the driving experience. I am sorry how do you know about the driving experience when you have a 5 year old car with 2,000 miles on it.

That pic in the snow would be blown up and on my wall if it were my ride.

Congrats. BTW love the lines in the alcantara, I do the same.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:49 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by Psup4s
Awesome write up. Loving the gold wheels on white. Thanks for making me want to spend more $$$ lol
Thank you, LOL. Let me tease you with another photo below. Shot with my Canon 60D with 50mm 1.4 USM + Hoya Polarizing Filter

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I love that you drive your car and I am enjoying the read.

Lately I have been getting more and more annoyed by all these "garage queens". Our local PCA is full of them. I post up drives all the time and events and no one can go unless they are less than 40 miles and include eating. Those same people will talk to you like they are Porsche aficionados and all about the driving experience. I am sorry how do you know about the driving experience when you have a 5 year old car with 2,000 miles on it.

That pic in the snow would be blown up and on my wall if it were my ride.

Congrats. BTW love the lines in the alcantara, I do the same.
Thank you. Most people don't realize these cars are made in Stuttgart, Germany. The weather there is awful, lots of snow and rain. These cars are made to be driven in rough weather condition and will not melt with salt on the road.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:17 AM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice write ups Jimmy! Keep it comin'!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:31 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Came for the "000" alert, and you had me at "winter setup." Big props on the white and gold, and congratulations!!!

Best,

Pete

I bought a subscription and multiple logo sets so I can put them on each car...I do agree this is the most important mod

Quick Reply: JNOSOL's 991.2 GT3 - OCD DIY Thread