Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Miami Blue GT3.2 - the love relationship begins

Old 12-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Delivered: My Miami Blue GT3.2 - the love relationship begins

As the title suggests - Miami Blue seems to be a color that draws strong opinion, but more on that later.

A while back my dealer (with whom I’ve been patiently waiting in line) called me and said that based on allocations he just didn’t think he would have a .2 available for me. Since then I’ve been looking hard, but it’s tough living in CA and was having no luck even with a pretty broad search - running into big ADMs at every turn. I had resigned myself to the fate of looking forward to the 992.

Then I saw Jackmac’s post of a car that had become available that he may not be interested in, and with his support I was able to lock it up over the weekend.

She really had me at buckets and the manual! And while being very close to how I had specced my .2 build, there were a few other things to consider.

Last year I had built a 981 Spyder and really enjoyed the process, as well as knowing every time I sit in it - she was perfect. Knowing that this wasn’t my build there were a few compromises, that actually in hindsight (like one day’s hindsight) were quite liberating.

So - the car is a manual and has buckets. Those were non-negotiable and would not have given the car a second thought if not for those boxes being checked. The biggie for me in this whole equation.

Front lift - it doesn’t have it. I had been jumping on and off the fence on this and was probably the hardest thing to figure out in my build. I wanted it for retail, but don’t need the weight and think not having it will not really be a problem for the roads around where I live. So, I guess the decision was made for me - as I said quite liberating!

For some reason the smoking package wasn’t checked - why would you ever not check that??

Bose - doesn’t have it, don’t care. This engine screams at 9,000 right.

Leather steering wheel. I love my alcantara wheel in the Spyder, I wouldn’t have specced leather for a GT3. So that is probably the only item on the list that I’m going to have to see if I can live with.

Oh, and as I mentioned - it is Miami Blue. After a quick call around I found a dealership an hour away that had a 911 in Miami. Long story short - I drove up there, took one look and called the SA and told him that I would take the GT3!

Based on what I read I wasn’t sure I’d like the color. My spec was going to be GT Silver to match the Spyder. If I was going to pay the up charge my first color choice would have been Carmine Red, and if splurging on PTS probably Voodoo.

So, I think some things are just meant to be. I wouldn’t have considered Miami, but having forced myself to go see it, I really love it (I’m a blue person at heart). I wouldn’t get it on a different 911, but I think it really suits the character of the GT3. At one stage I’d been toying with the idea of a Touring, but wanting the wing - this color really fits the car.

Also, talking to the sales manager at the dealer I visited helped - they had delivered a Miami GT3 not too long ago and he had a video of the delivery As I said - the situation that presented itself was in the end quite liberating. If left to my own devices, I would stayed within myself with a less exciting color, but now have something quite exciting.

Should be here in February!

Edit: car arrived end of February ....

Last edited by Dalema; 03-03-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:06 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Congrats! Yes, Miami Blue is one controversial color. I am a convert, and think it's a beautiful shade of blue in most lights. Issue with many colors other than black or white is that they can look more or less flattering depending on lighting conditions.

Regarding the smoking package, I avoided it on my build because I'm hoping my iPhone fits in the compartment. Other than lighter, it is completely useless. I think the open compartment will prove more functional.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:47 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Well done and congratulations! You'll have yourself a wonderful car.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:52 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I'm hoping my iPhone fits in the compartment.
Not a modern iPhone.

Congrats to Dalema. Did they require you to do the car-lease dance thingy?
Old 12-18-2017, 01:02 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts
Default MIAMI BLUE

Final prep at Glistening Perfection

Same as other photo
Don't forget, in the 70's...nobody wanted Tangerine and Viper Green...and look NOW....
I'm LOVING my MB
Old 12-18-2017, 01:52 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice. I saw the pics on GP's Instagram. Congrats. I too am a Miami Blue convert. Such a rich color even with it's green tone in some lights. Works extra well with GT cars. So was it just paint protection or did you have Moe wrap it too?
Old 12-18-2017, 02:00 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Congrats! What else does it have for options?

miami, buckets ....
Old 12-18-2017, 02:08 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by shaytun
Nice. I saw the pics on GP's Instagram. Congrats. I too am a Miami Blue convert. Such a rich color even with it's green tone in some lights. Works extra well with GT cars. So was it just paint protection or did you have Moe wrap it too?
Wrap and window tint as well!
Old 12-18-2017, 02:11 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by evilfij
Congrats! What else does it have for options?

miami, buckets ....
not SUPER loaded, but: Leather/Alcantara Package in black/grey, extended range tank, lift, PDLS, top center marking in red, BOSE, silver grey seat belts, wheels in platinum satin...
Old 12-18-2017, 02:20 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats, you will enjoy the car. Don't worry to much about the options. Worst case you can buy an alcantara steering wheel. The car looks great in every color. Think of paying extra for Miami Blue as your ADM.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:31 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Congrats again,
I think the more I see the color, the more I am getting suckered in. It is certainly something special....can't wait to see some actual pics and review.
Jack
Old 12-18-2017, 03:31 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

How much was the hidden ADM ?
Old 12-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,422 Likes on 2,237 Posts
Default but...

its actually TURQUOISE
Old 12-18-2017, 04:16 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

We love this color!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 12-18-2017, 10:11 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the MB. It works great on the gt3.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Miami Blue GT3.2 - the love relationship begins