Sponsored by:

My Miami Blue GT3.2 - the love relationship begins

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Great story and great color. Way to go! Congrats.
Thanks - super excited!
Old 12-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by csfastp
Love the Color. Congrats. This MB is mine.
Love the car - mine will have the satin black wheels also.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Car looks great- Congrats. I too have grown to like this color. Police would be all over me.

You can not drive MB and go unnoticed
Old 12-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Question for those in SoCal. Any recommendations for a person to do a paint correction and xpel PPF?

Im thinking of driving it back up to the Bay Area, but would like to have it protected first. Dealer has a team he has used for 15 years and will be getting a price for me, but figured I could get some good recommendations here.

Dealer offered the Porsche delivery experience center there also which would make it a fun trip.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema

Thanks. No dancing required, luckily as I’m not a great dancer.

MSRP straight up and down - anyway I want to pay for it, except for probably bitcoin!

Good to hear from a Cali dealer. Makes one wonder what the issue was with jack. Maybe just didn't like the build.

Congrats again!
Old 12-19-2017, 11:38 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Gorgeous, I would have been very happy with it had I not gotten PTS. Are you going to track it?
Yea, I had a PTS allocation and was going with Riviera Blue....and then it got pushed back to Spring, and the original $$ doubled...and I passed, didn't want to wait and pay...I love the color and thanks to everybody for all the kudos!

Track it? Only if I get invited to Thermal....
Old 12-19-2017, 12:30 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Palting
Good to hear from a Cali dealer. Makes one wonder what the issue was with jack. Maybe just didn't like the build.

Congrats again!
I think the deal just evolved over time, with Jack's first interactions including some shenanigans on the dealer's side. Jack was very gracious in helping me secure this.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:32 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Miami Blue is an awesome color!

Congrats again.
Attached Images    
Old 12-19-2017, 04:10 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Great car - congrats! I wish more people would just love MB for what it is, rather than trying to pull the green out to look like Riviera. It's unique, and gives another fun option.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I love MB on the 991.2gt3.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:51 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 706 Likes on 368 Posts

Question for those in SoCal. Any recommendations for a person to do a paint correction and xpel PPF?

Im thinking of driving it back up to the Bay Area, but would like to have it protected first. Dealer has a team he has used for 15 years and will be getting a price for me, but figured I could get some good recommendations here.

Dealer offered the Porsche delivery experience center there also which would make it a fun trip.
We’re working on RUF RS’s MB GT3 and it needed A LOT of TLC to correct the paint and prep it for clear bra.

check out this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/1034290-glistening-perfection-group-buy.html

we’d love the opportunity to work on yours as well

Last edited by MoeMistry; 12-20-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:07 AM
TuonoR
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Miami Blue is stunning...manual...buckets...congrats!

My picks in socal...
Detail: Joe @ Superior Shine (joe@superiorshine.com)
Film: Sean @ Ultimate Shield (sean@ultimateshield.com). Sean favors suntek for its transparency and low profile orange peel; but either way his work is easily the best in SoCal.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:40 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations on the car. Beautiful car and gorgeous color. The Miami blue looks so much better in person. Pictures don’t do it justice....My wife specified it on our 2017 911 4S targa and I really was not in agreement with her but all that changed when we took position of the car. I fell in love with it. It is Truly stunning color. I own 7 Porsche’s and this is the car that I always gets the most thumps up while driving and the most I see people taking selfies with while it is parked. Also the most color that gets vocal positive reviews from women from all ages. If I am ever single again that would be the only color I would buy. Enjoy the car. Mark
Old 12-20-2017, 12:59 AM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by TuonoR

My picks in socal...
Film: Sean @ Ultimate Shield (sean@ultimateshield.com). Sean favors suntek for its transparency and low profile orange peel; but either way his work is easily the best in SoCal.
Yes, Moe at Glistening Perfection. 949-355-4911
Old 12-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TuonoR

My picks in socal...
Originally Posted by mqandil
Congratulations on the car. Beautiful car and gorgeous color. The Miami blue looks so much better in person. Pictures don’t do it justice....My wife specified it on our 2017 911 4S targa and I really was not in agreement with her but all that changed when we took position of the car. I fell in love with it. It is Truly stunning color. I own 7 Porsche’s and this is the car that I always gets the most thumps up while driving and the most I see people taking selfies with while it is parked. Also the most color that gets vocal positive reviews from women from all ages. If I am ever single again that would be the only color I would buy. Enjoy the car. Mark
Thanks guys.

Interesting that typically women are able to “see” more colors than men.. This color was the only one that my wife has really liked and been excited about (admittedly she hasn’t seen a bunch of PTS colors).

Thanks for the info on the detailers.

Quick Reply: My Miami Blue GT3.2 - the love relationship begins