Love my new seats...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

[QUOTE=Ddesimone17;14676377]
Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
Can you elaborate on the passenger 6pt? What did you use to cut it? Pics would be nice. Does the reupholstered seat look good? I just put the roll bar in my .2 and its sitting with the seats out right now. I'm debating on doing a 4pt passenger and a 6pt driver instead of installing both 6 points and having to cut.

You using BBi or GMG substrap mounts?

first not a big job at all. I used Cantrell sub mounts.

The seat cushion itself is easy just need an upholsterer to put in a stitch on either side so it doesn’t open beyond the space needed. Take off the seat cushion on both the driver and passenger side look at the opening on driver , it has some extra Velcro sewn in other than that should look the same
use that as a guideline as to the length of the opening. Use a stitch opener from an everyday sewing kit , cut the thread on that center seam. then undo till correct size bring to a upholsterer to put back stitch on either side very easy for them

as to the carbon seat , make a template using the driver seat as guide , make sure the measurements line up on the passenger seat when u stencil the outiline on

i used a smaller drill bit to make a pilot hole. Just be careful you don’t drill into any off the wires below zip tie or better yet get an extra set of hands n eyes
the i used a dremel to cut out the hole . Then I added black duck tape around on the opening edge so nothing could cut or fray the harness

Really not that hard at all and end result looks not different than what came from the factory on the driver side

Thank you!
Old 12-18-2017, 12:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by spydersmiley

I just noticed a small detail: In my configurator, the full structure of the carbon frame seat and headrest is visible. In your photos, though, there seems to be an area which is upholstered. Is that a special customization?
European cars don't get the neck cushion, American cars do.

Quick Reply: Love my new seats...