Sponsored by:

Auto Blipper demo

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 03:14 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by HarmonyJim
Larry, to clarify, my RS is an older .1 (2007), and therefore does not have PDK or an auto blipper. I was wondering if I needed to cut into my wiring harness (multiple?), or had to run wiring to hell and back to make it work.
Does that car even have an electronic throttle body?

I think you're asking for the impossible.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:18 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
Does that car even have an electronic throttle body?
Of course!

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
I think you're asking for the impossible.
Nothing is impossible!
Old 06-13-2018, 03:19 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Larry, to clarify, my RS is an older .1 (2007), and therefore does not have PDK or an auto blipper. I was wondering if I needed to cut into my wiring harness (multiple?), or had to run wiring to hell and back to make it work.
Ah sorry I should have looked at your avatar more closely - frankly, and I'm not expert, but I doubt that retro-fitting this from a 991 is possible, since the auto-blip is primarily a function of the ECU s/w (based on inputs from the accelerator potentiometer and sensors on the transmission).

I believe that the 997 and 991 ECUs are completely different devices (certainly the engines they manage are so), and hence the firmware (aka software) in the 991 ECU will not be compatible with the 997 unit ... and that's before you would figure out how to retrofit the necessary sensors!

You are in the realms of a pure R&D project, somewhere beyond the complexity of the recent 6mt retrofit into a 991.1RS PDK car... your starting place would be with one of the (997) ECU tuners like EVOmsit etc ...

I think it would be cheaper to buy a new car! - certainly simpler!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:00 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For the manual owners, what do you have where the PDK folks have the PDK-Sport button? There is a Sport button there, right?

I thought the auto blip is forced on when the sport button is pressed. Which in that case, if you want to drive "sporty", but not have auto rev-match, you cannot.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
For the manual owners, what do you have where the PDK folks have the PDK-Sport button? There is a Sport button there, right?

I thought the auto blip is forced on when the sport button is pressed. Which in that case, if you want to drive "sporty", but not have auto rev-match, you cannot.
Far as I know, that’s the ONLY thing that button does. The car is always sporty.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

There is a cup car auto blipped for your gen cup car, but then that requires the sequential transmission and associated electronics. But.... it can be done!

Quick Reply: Auto Blipper demo