3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.41%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.06%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.60%
Voters: 726. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

I changed from GT Silver back to my first choice, black. I think it's the only color that makes the GT3T look good from any angle as it softens some of the harsh breaks yet still retains the overall muscularity of the car. Black, black touring package, PCCB, platinum satin wheels, buckets, leather, carbon fiber interior package. Now, only 9 more months...
Old 12-24-2017, 02:42 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I changed from GT Silver back to my first choice, black. I think it's the only color that makes the GT3T look good from any angle as it softens some of the harsh breaks yet still retains the overall muscularity of the car. Black, black touring package, PCCB, platinum satin wheels, buckets, leather, carbon fiber interior package. Now, only 9 more months...
can't argue with that. I absolutely would love a GT3 in black but because of my **** tendencies and OCD, I can not stand cleaning the car every 3 miles.

I have winged GT coming, but the more I see of touring cars, the more I'm digging the look. but the GT nut in me is telling me "wings, you fool!"

I want my car to lock so I can move on with my life and not worry about these first world problems
Old 12-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
can't argue with that. I absolutely would love a GT3 in black but because of my **** tendencies and OCD, I can not stand cleaning the car every 3 miles.

I have winged GT coming, but the more I see of touring cars, the more I'm digging the look. but the GT nut in me is telling me "wings, you fool!"

I want my car to lock so I can move on with my life and not worry about these first world problems
Black is great but you have to wrap the whole car whether clear or stealth. I just never want to deal with swirls, light scratches, waxing ect. But with these cars now up in the $175,000 range you need to protect the investment. And I am not talking about depreciation because, in my mind, assume they all will
Old 12-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Paint correct it, CQuartz it, and just be smart about how you wash it and it'll be fine. I've owned black before and know the price to be paid; good paint to start with is key. That said, I think the less you wash a black car, the better, and since brake dust is often the trigger for me washing my car, I think PCCB is a must on a black car. And we don't get much of any rain out here, so there's less need to wash the car. And even an old swirly black car looks awesome IMO. I'm gonna drive the hell out of this car, so there's no point in worrying too much about the paint on this one.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:11 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Unless a black car is detailed to perfection, the rest of the time, they look worn IMO. Nothing like a freshly washed and detailed black car. But beyond that, they age badly. I agree that CQuartz and PPF help immensely nowadays in making black a manageable color again.

That said, a black GT3T with Satin Platinum wheels and PCCB with Carbon fiber will be absolutely stunning to see!!
Old 12-24-2017, 05:22 PM
JP Manor
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

GT silver and black are best two colors in the .2 GT3 IMO.

People are liking chalk but to me fashion grey is a much better color!
Old 12-24-2017, 05:48 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Paint correct it, CQuartz it, and just be smart about how you wash it and it'll be fine. I've owned black before and know the price to be paid; good paint to start with is key. That said, I think the less you wash a black car, the better, ...
This. And black offers you the widest dirty/clean wow margin compared to any other color. You get used to it dirty for some time, then get hit by how beautiful it is each time you wash it -- like getting a completely different car. No other color offers this experience.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:20 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
I wanna see at GT Silver one! ��
Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.
Attached Images       
Old 12-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by hf1
This. And black offers you the widest dirty/clean wow margin compared to any other color. You get used to it dirty for some time, then get hit by how beautiful it is each time you wash it -- like getting a completely different car. No other color offers this experience.
Absolutely. Black is a wow color to me. I love GTSilver but, the more I looked at it, the more it didn't wow me. And I even revel in a dirty black car because I still think it's so classic. Whenever I see an old, driven 911 in black, it just looks right to me. Helps that my 78 was black. Color is so personal though. There are few colors that I think look bad on the GT3T.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:09 PM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Absolutely. Black is a wow color to me. I love GTSilver but, the more I looked at it, the more it didn't wow me. And I even revel in a dirty black car because I still think it's so classic. Whenever I see an old, driven 911 in black, it just looks right to me. Helps that my 78 was black. Color is so personal though. There are few colors that I think look bad on the GT3T.
Can't go wrong with either black or GT Silver. I even think any wheel color looks good on those two. Are you still doing buckets or are you considering 4 ways?
Old 12-25-2017, 12:24 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.
Meh...looks like a base 991
Old 12-25-2017, 12:52 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
991.1 Carrera 4?
Old 12-25-2017, 08:48 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have seen Chalk a couple of times and just the other day I was up close with a .2 in Chalk. I think if you are going to get a GT3 T that Chalk would not be the route. The Wingey breaks up Chalk and it actually looks pretty good but also needs some livery to bring it to life. With the Touring it does not have that option so will look like the Panamera. I like the Touring in a Darker color and I believe Silver trim on the touring a must. Although the GT Silver Touring was a surprise how good it looks. Gives it more of a Classic look and helps slightly differentiate it.

**I would do Black with Satin Aluminum wheels and Silver trim and then would Stealth wrap the whole car.- Would be the "Bomb" but GT Silver in Stealth with same features would also be awesome
Here is chalk without the "winger thing".. took the liberty of (probably a sacralidge ) of deleting it from someones car. (Apologies to owner if reading ). I think to your point though if adding the black mirrors, door handles, breaks it up enough.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:51 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

GT Silver is one of the colors that cell phones camera can' t make any justice

so its chalk and many others
Old 12-25-2017, 08:56 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Meh...looks like a base 991
Originally Posted by CAlexio
991.1 Carrera 4?
What can I say? You can bet it doesn't drive like one! Personally, I wouldn't spec it in GT S (I have a 991.1 C4S in GT S and don't love the color--much prefer "pedestrian" Rhodium Silver).
Attached Images  

Last edited by HelpMeHelpU; 12-25-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..