3.58%
PTS - Bright Colour
3.16%
PTS - Dark Colour
4.84%
PTS - Classic Vintage
16.42%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Old 01-02-2018, 08:10 AM
CarPor
User

Hi there,
Rennlist Virgin here, so be very gentle with me, greetings all.
Sorry to reach out to a fellow Brit, as a first post, but I've been lurking on here for a number of years (since ~2014 & my 991.1 GT3 days) & couldn't resist posting now. I am one of the four registering a car in Agate in the poll.

Pussman, your build mirrors my order which locked today, completion 14th February - 991.2 GT3 Touring spec - minus the ceramics. My spec is Agate, silver/chrome outers, 18-ways (bad back & joke UK parking spaces dictate 18-ways [for you US guys, if you've tried parking in UK car parks you'll know what I'm talking about]!), leather, rear view camera (cost option in UK), plus a few trinkets & fripperies.. Do you mind if I enquire when is your car due?. I've gone for Factory Collection, therefore, can't pick up until 1st April, due to an insurance requirement that winter tyres are necessary if collecting before April: the frustrating wait is made more acceptable by running in the car on a trip around the Alps.

Any ROW Agate Grey Touring builds arriving any time soon? Photos would make the waiting more bearable!
Old 01-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Pussman
User

Originally Posted by CarPor View Post
Hi there,
Rennlist Virgin here, so be very gentle with me, greetings all.
Sorry to reach out to a fellow Brit, as a first post, but I've been lurking on here for a number of years (since ~2014 & my 991.1 GT3 days) & couldn't resist posting now. I am one of the four registering a car in Agate in the poll.

Pussman, your build mirrors my order which locked today, completion 14th February - 991.2 GT3 Touring spec - minus the ceramics. My spec is Agate, silver/chrome outers, 18-ways (bad back & joke UK parking spaces dictate 18-ways [for you US guys, if you've tried parking in UK car parks you'll know what I'm talking about]!), leather, rear view camera (cost option in UK), plus a few trinkets & fripperies.. Do you mind if I enquire when is your car due?. I've gone for Factory Collection, therefore, can't pick up until 1st April, due to an insurance requirement that winter tyres are necessary if collecting before April: the frustrating wait is made more acceptable by running in the car on a trip around the Alps.

Any ROW Agate Grey Touring builds arriving any time soon? Photos would make the waiting more bearable!
hi there. My car froze on December 15 and should be delivered early to mid February I am told. I went with folding buckets, full leather, ceramics and axle lift plus rear camera.

its coming to Reading so will post a picture when it arrives. My last GT3 was agate grey and I loved the understated look so this is the same idea. I hear you re a bad back and the parking spaces but I love the look of the buckets and I find them comfortable. I had 4 ways in my last GT3 and I regretted not going for the buckets to be honest. Each to their own though.

there are some pictures of an agate grey car as part of the Monaco drive. Will try to attach one. PM me if you want to discuss the car and spec ok?

cheers
Old 01-02-2018, 11:07 AM
Pussman
User

Default Agate Touring

This is an R but in Agate I believe
Old 01-02-2018, 11:39 AM
GT3 KSA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pussman
hi there. My car froze on December 15 and should be delivered early to mid February I am told. I went with folding buckets, full leather, ceramics and axle lift plus rear camera.

its coming to Reading so will post a picture when it arrives. My last GT3 was agate grey and I loved the understated look so this is the same idea. I hear you re a bad back and the parking spaces but I love the look of the buckets and I find them comfortable. I had 4 ways in my last GT3 and I regretted not going for the buckets to be honest. Each to their own though.

there are some pictures of an agate grey car as part of the Monaco drive. Will try to attach one. PM me if you want to discuss the car and spec ok?

cheers
This picture is not agate. This is a GBM that is not clean and very dirty. If you check the license plate on this car it is the same plate on the GBM when completely clean. I know this confused me as well but license plates are never identical.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:05 PM
NS2 Media
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut View Post
It looks like us Australians have been delayed by a few weeks as well. With the US Carb issue, looks like either our European friends might be the only ones able to post "owners pics" for a few weeks yet....

In the meantime NS2 media, are you allowed to share a few of your oakgreen rendering ? Kudos to owner #Oakgrunmetallic ... not sure if a rennlister ?

Hey man! There are a few more renders I can share here. Enjoy!

Speccing or striping your Porsche?
Contact us today for bespoke photo-realistic renderings visualizing the spec of your next purchase, as well as stripe design!
We also source and supply custom vinyl kits cut especially for your Porsche from the highest quality materials available.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:11 PM
GT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Akunob View Post

Could it be that part of the appeal of the Touring is its understated character. Lava Orange doesn't really fly under the radar. Could explain the lack of Miami Blue as well and the high number of classic colors.
Hmmm... But what are PTS Classic Vintage colors according to the poll? I've always understood classic vintage Porsche colors to be bright colors such as Signal Yellow, Arrow Blue, Viper/Signal Green, etc, no? Why is that poll selection the most popular, then? Perhaps the lack of Lava Orange or Miami Blue might be that if people are gonna spend over $4k in what they may not consider be great colors, might as well spend the $12k on the right color, hence the higher votes on the PTS Classic Vintage section (which I assume to be on the brighter side because they are mostly non-metallic paints). What does that say about being understated? Perhaps, to most people, the real choice between normal GT3 or GT3 Touring has mostly to do with shape and form, rather than color alone...
Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM
CarPor
User

Hi Pussman
Thanks for the photos: that R looks the pup's nuts. I also thought the other photo was of a 'mucky' GBM, deceives in the low light conditions.
Sorry, I'm unable to pm you as I'm technologically moribund, I'm afraid. Tried accessing your profile but can't see a way to communicate, other than by way of the forum.
For all you US guy's, I'm acutely aware that a lot of your Touring cars are tantalisingly close but embargoed by bureaucracy - must suck - big time. Look forward to seeing pic's of your cars in the not too distance future, especially the two in AG - fingers crossed.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:39 PM
Pussman
User

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA View Post
This picture is not agate. This is a GBM that is not clean and very dirty. If you check the license plate on this car it is the same plate on the GBM when completely clean. I know this confused me as well but license plates are never identical.

Happy to be corrected and I’m sure you are right but it sure looks like Agate. Wish I could find a good picture of an Agate Touring.

Here’s my old one.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:19 PM
PTSRS
User

Originally Posted by Pussman View Post
This is an R but in Agate I believe
That is actually Westminster Grey. I thought it was Agate as well until I checked the 911 R book and cross checked the serial number from my database and the color associated with it in the R book.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Porschmich
User

Spoke to my G.M. today. My Touring is suppose to be shipped the 5TH of January with a ETA January 26th. He has not heard of any EPA hold-ups on the Touring. He said he has
list of cars that still need to be certified but the Touring is not on his list.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Chris88
User

Originally Posted by Porschmich View Post
Spoke to my G.M. today. My Touring is suppose to be shipped the 5TH of January with a ETA January 26th. He has not heard of any EPA hold-ups on the Touring. He said he has
list of cars that still need to be certified but the Touring is not on his list.
The Touring is EPA certified, but not CARB certified yet. If you're not in a CARB state, your car shouldn't be delayed.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:52 PM
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member

It’s CARB, not EPA. It is already EPA approved.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:54 PM
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris88 View Post
The Touring is EPA certified, but not CARB certified yet. If you're not in a CARB state, your car shouldn't be delayed.
lol. You and I posted at the same time. Not like we are both waiting anxiously or anything ....
Old 01-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Porschmich
User

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
It’s CARB, not EPA. It is already EPA approved.
Thanks for that info. Still to early to drive be I guess I can look at it in the garage.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Chris88
User

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post

lol. You and I posted at the same time. Not like we are both waiting anxiously or anything ....
Not at all...I only check the progress of the ship my car is on about 4 times a day :roll eyes:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: