Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GT3 Touring Colour (Ordered or Delivered) Vote if locked in
Black/JetBlack
64
13.47%
White/Carrara White
35
7.37%
Guards Red
15
3.16%
Yellow
6
1.26%
Graphite Blue
28
5.89%
Rhodium
5
1.05%
Sapphire Blue
20
4.21%
Agate Grey
29
6.11%
GT Silver
81
17.05%
Carmine Red
14
2.95%
Chalk/ Crayon
43
9.05%
Lava Orange
2
0.42%
Miami Blue
17
3.58%
PTS - Bright Colour
15
3.16%
PTS - Dark Colour
23
4.84%
PTS - Classic Vintage
78
16.42%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

 
Old 01-02-2018, 08:10 AM
  #106  
CarPor
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Default

Hi there,
Rennlist Virgin here, so be very gentle with me, greetings all.
Sorry to reach out to a fellow Brit, as a first post, but I've been lurking on here for a number of years (since ~2014 & my 991.1 GT3 days) & couldn't resist posting now. I am one of the four registering a car in Agate in the poll.

Pussman, your build mirrors my order which locked today, completion 14th February - 991.2 GT3 Touring spec - minus the ceramics. My spec is Agate, silver/chrome outers, 18-ways (bad back & joke UK parking spaces dictate 18-ways [for you US guys, if you've tried parking in UK car parks you'll know what I'm talking about]!), leather, rear view camera (cost option in UK), plus a few trinkets & fripperies.. Do you mind if I enquire when is your car due?. I've gone for Factory Collection, therefore, can't pick up until 1st April, due to an insurance requirement that winter tyres are necessary if collecting before April: the frustrating wait is made more acceptable by running in the car on a trip around the Alps.

Any ROW Agate Grey Touring builds arriving any time soon? Photos would make the waiting more bearable!
CarPor is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 11:04 AM
  #107  
Pussman
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by CarPor View Post
Hi there,
Rennlist Virgin here, so be very gentle with me, greetings all.
Sorry to reach out to a fellow Brit, as a first post, but I've been lurking on here for a number of years (since ~2014 & my 991.1 GT3 days) & couldn't resist posting now. I am one of the four registering a car in Agate in the poll.

Pussman, your build mirrors my order which locked today, completion 14th February - 991.2 GT3 Touring spec - minus the ceramics. My spec is Agate, silver/chrome outers, 18-ways (bad back & joke UK parking spaces dictate 18-ways [for you US guys, if you've tried parking in UK car parks you'll know what I'm talking about]!), leather, rear view camera (cost option in UK), plus a few trinkets & fripperies.. Do you mind if I enquire when is your car due?. I've gone for Factory Collection, therefore, can't pick up until 1st April, due to an insurance requirement that winter tyres are necessary if collecting before April: the frustrating wait is made more acceptable by running in the car on a trip around the Alps.

Any ROW Agate Grey Touring builds arriving any time soon? Photos would make the waiting more bearable!
hi there. My car froze on December 15 and should be delivered early to mid February I am told. I went with folding buckets, full leather, ceramics and axle lift plus rear camera.

its coming to Reading so will post a picture when it arrives. My last GT3 was agate grey and I loved the understated look so this is the same idea. I hear you re a bad back and the parking spaces but I love the look of the buckets and I find them comfortable. I had 4 ways in my last GT3 and I regretted not going for the buckets to be honest. Each to their own though.

there are some pictures of an agate grey car as part of the Monaco drive. Will try to attach one. PM me if you want to discuss the car and spec ok?

cheers
Pussman is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 11:07 AM
  #108  
Pussman
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Default Agate Touring

This is an R but in Agate I believe
Pussman is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 11:39 AM
  #109  
GT3 KSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3 KSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,323
Default

Originally Posted by Pussman
hi there. My car froze on December 15 and should be delivered early to mid February I am told. I went with folding buckets, full leather, ceramics and axle lift plus rear camera.

its coming to Reading so will post a picture when it arrives. My last GT3 was agate grey and I loved the understated look so this is the same idea. I hear you re a bad back and the parking spaces but I love the look of the buckets and I find them comfortable. I had 4 ways in my last GT3 and I regretted not going for the buckets to be honest. Each to their own though.

there are some pictures of an agate grey car as part of the Monaco drive. Will try to attach one. PM me if you want to discuss the car and spec ok?

cheers
This picture is not agate. This is a GBM that is not clean and very dirty. If you check the license plate on this car it is the same plate on the GBM when completely clean. I know this confused me as well but license plates are never identical.
GT3 KSA is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 12:05 PM
  #110  
NS2 Media
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
NS2 Media's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 537
Default

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut View Post
It looks like us Australians have been delayed by a few weeks as well. With the US Carb issue, looks like either our European friends might be the only ones able to post "owners pics" for a few weeks yet....

In the meantime NS2 media, are you allowed to share a few of your oakgreen rendering ? Kudos to owner #Oakgrunmetallic ... not sure if a rennlister ?

Hey man! There are a few more renders I can share here. Enjoy!



__________________
NS2MEDIA.COM
Anthony & Nick
[email protected]

Speccing or striping your Porsche?
Contact us today for bespoke photo-realistic renderings visualizing the spec of your next purchase, as well as stripe design!
We also source and supply custom vinyl kits cut especially for your Porsche from the highest quality materials available.
NS2 Media is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 12:11 PM
  #111  
GT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,525
Default

Originally Posted by Akunob View Post


Could it be that part of the appeal of the Touring is its understated character. Lava Orange doesn't really fly under the radar. Could explain the lack of Miami Blue as well and the high number of classic colors.
Hmmm... But what are PTS Classic Vintage colors according to the poll? I've always understood classic vintage Porsche colors to be bright colors such as Signal Yellow, Arrow Blue, Viper/Signal Green, etc, no? Why is that poll selection the most popular, then? Perhaps the lack of Lava Orange or Miami Blue might be that if people are gonna spend over $4k in what they may not consider be great colors, might as well spend the $12k on the right color, hence the higher votes on the PTS Classic Vintage section (which I assume to be on the brighter side because they are mostly non-metallic paints). What does that say about being understated? Perhaps, to most people, the real choice between normal GT3 or GT3 Touring has mostly to do with shape and form, rather than color alone...
GT3 is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM
  #112  
CarPor
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 6
Default

Hi Pussman
Thanks for the photos: that R looks the pup's nuts. I also thought the other photo was of a 'mucky' GBM, deceives in the low light conditions.
Sorry, I'm unable to pm you as I'm technologically moribund, I'm afraid. Tried accessing your profile but can't see a way to communicate, other than by way of the forum.
For all you US guy's, I'm acutely aware that a lot of your Touring cars are tantalisingly close but embargoed by bureaucracy - must suck - big time. Look forward to seeing pic's of your cars in the not too distance future, especially the two in AG - fingers crossed.
CarPor is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 01:39 PM
  #113  
Pussman
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 16
Default

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA View Post
This picture is not agate. This is a GBM that is not clean and very dirty. If you check the license plate on this car it is the same plate on the GBM when completely clean. I know this confused me as well but license plates are never identical.

Happy to be corrected and I’m sure you are right but it sure looks like Agate. Wish I could find a good picture of an Agate Touring.

Here’s my old one.
Pussman is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 02:19 PM
  #114  
PTSRS
User
 
PTSRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Boston/Toronto
Posts: 263
Default

Originally Posted by Pussman View Post
This is an R but in Agate I believe
That is actually Westminster Grey. I thought it was Agate as well until I checked the 911 R book and cross checked the serial number from my database and the color associated with it in the R book.
PTSRS is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:36 PM
  #115  
Porschmich
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 185
Default

Spoke to my G.M. today. My Touring is suppose to be shipped the 5TH of January with a ETA January 26th. He has not heard of any EPA hold-ups on the Touring. He said he has
list of cars that still need to be certified but the Touring is not on his list.
Porschmich is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:52 PM
  #116  
Chris88
User
 
Chris88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 420
Default

Originally Posted by Porschmich View Post
Spoke to my G.M. today. My Touring is suppose to be shipped the 5TH of January with a ETA January 26th. He has not heard of any EPA hold-ups on the Touring. He said he has
list of cars that still need to be certified but the Touring is not on his list.
The Touring is EPA certified, but not CARB certified yet. If you're not in a CARB state, your car shouldn't be delayed.
Chris88 is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:52 PM
  #117  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,364
Default

It’s CARB, not EPA. It is already EPA approved.
evilfij is online now  
Old 01-02-2018, 03:54 PM
  #118  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,364
Default

Originally Posted by Chris88 View Post
The Touring is EPA certified, but not CARB certified yet. If you're not in a CARB state, your car shouldn't be delayed.
lol. You and I posted at the same time. Not like we are both waiting anxiously or anything ....
evilfij is online now  
Old 01-02-2018, 04:07 PM
  #119  
Porschmich
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
It’s CARB, not EPA. It is already EPA approved.
Thanks for that info. Still to early to drive be I guess I can look at it in the garage.
Porschmich is offline  
Old 01-02-2018, 05:32 PM
  #120  
Chris88
User
 
Chris88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 420
Default

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post


lol. You and I posted at the same time. Not like we are both waiting anxiously or anything ....
Not at all...I only check the progress of the ship my car is on about 4 times a day :roll eyes:
Chris88 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: