3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.54%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.05%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.58%
Voters: 727. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 12:23 AM
KMKCMT
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Received word from my SA that my car just landed, that's the good news.
Bad news, Exclusive reversed my stripe/script colours. This is not what I have confirmed as ordered.... Grrrrrr.

I think it looks great!
Old 03-06-2018, 03:43 AM
Johisco
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 80s

i really liked the photographers jacket! Could someone give me a lead what brand it might be??
it’s not a jacket, it’s a vest from Rab. Like this: https://www.uksportsoutdoors.com/pro...ns-altus-vest/
Old 03-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Peter..car looks great...and the guys will make the stripe right i am sure if you choose to change it....but it looks nice as it is. There is someone they use locally to make those in the 3M material that you will never differentiate from OEM so a quick and easy fix if you choose to swap out. I did order a black stripe with red Porsche logo to ghost against the jet black body of my car so I know what look you are after though....but in the end - no wrong answer..enjoy the moment!
Old 03-06-2018, 07:27 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Peter..car looks great...and the guys will make the stripe right i am sure if you choose to change it....but it looks nice as it is. There is someone they use locally to make those in the 3M material that you will never differentiate from OEM so a quick and easy fix if you choose to swap out. I did order a black stripe with red Porsche logo to ghost against the jet black body of my car so I know what look you are after though....but in the end - no wrong answer..enjoy the moment!
Thanks Dennis, can't wait to see it in person when we return from Barbados. It was both exciting and a bummer seeing the pics. It's personal but I really didn't (and still don't) want "in your face" side stripes. A lot of time was burned with folks at Exclusive and Mike back in November choosing a colour scheme that best suited my taste and goal, a similar theme to your choice in fact. Now it won't be factory installed when fixed, which in part was also of personal (petty??) importance. This now can't be replicated...
All minor details in the grand scheme of things... IT'S HERE!!
Plus note, Pat now has a factory jig to go by, ensuring your stripes will get applied factory correct!
Old 03-06-2018, 04:07 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Bad news, Exclusive reversed my stripe/script colours. This is not what I have confirmed as ordered.... Grrrrrr.
No bad news, and congratulations on your brilliant build.. as previously stated, easy fix but I get the feeling. These hiccups could be needless annoyance but I'm sure that once you get behind the wheel, very little besides the intoxicating feeling would matter.
The real bad news now is that I might get to see your car in person first

I'm picking up mine on Friday, would be cool if you'd be back by then. We can compare the builds and exchange notes.

Safe travels
Old 03-06-2018, 04:42 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mowaffaq
No bad news, and congratulations on your brilliant build.. as previously stated, easy fix but I get the feeling. These hiccups could be needless annoyance but I'm sure that once you get behind the wheel, very little besides the intoxicating feeling would matter.

I'm picking up mine on Friday, would be cool if you'd be back by then. We can compare the builds and exchange notes.

Safe travels
Thanks and congrats on your new GT3!! We're not home until next week so you may just see it before me, although if I was picking up my new car on Friday I know where my full attentions would be!
End of the day I'm 100% confident I'll be looked after, but it's disappointing all the same either factory or Exclusive messed it up and my dealer is left to cover. Specific colour codes were offered and chosen.... none of which were delivered on my car.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:17 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I am sure exclusive can mail you the correct stickers and dealer can install them.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:57 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
I am sure exclusive can mail you the correct stickers and dealer can install them.
Hopefully this is what will be offered to make things right, along with crediting the cxx charge.
I was quite happy to pay the CXX price for factory installed as ordered, but won't be happy paying the same amount for a dealer installed fix.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:21 AM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully this is what will be offered to make things right, along with crediting the cxx charge.
I was quite happy to pay the CXX price for factory installed as ordered, but won't be happy paying the same amount for a dealer installed fix.
Or they refund you the cost for that option and you live with the sticker. Looks great in my opinion!
Old 03-07-2018, 11:30 AM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Agreed. I think those same stripes might look awesome ghosted onto a GT Silver touring.
Archie, are you putting those those ghost stripes on your GT Silver when it arrives? What made you change your mind from black?
Btw, my Touring was released from Davisville and should arrive at the dealer this weekend (I’m also flying out on planned trip once the
storm blows over), and not back till next week... torture!!
Old 03-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

Peter, once it’s prepped you may like it; it’s quite nice. If not, changing it is a snap.
Enjoy your new toy!
Claudio
Old 03-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Safe travels

What's your spec?
I am planning to go to Mark Friday. Got an allocation yesterday.
Old 03-07-2018, 12:11 PM
mowaffaq
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
What's your spec?
I am planning to go to Mark Friday. Got an allocation yesterday.
Congrats!
This is mine:

Name:  photo71.jpg
Views: 3496
Size:  224.0 KBName:  photo442.jpg
Views: 3493
Size:  323.3 KBName:  photo123.jpg
Views: 3822
Size:  367.9 KB
Old 03-07-2018, 12:22 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

^ congrats. i'm really digging the sliver wheels and chrome trim, such a classic look!
Old 03-07-2018, 01:00 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Beautiful!

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..