3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.54%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.05%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.58%
Voters: 727. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I think you are going to be very surprised at how different the Touring is to a manual GT3. They say they haven't changed anything, I say BS.

It ride betters, it steers better and the exhaust sound is completely different...in a bad way.

In a regular GT3, there is a distinct difference in the sound of the exhaust when you hit the PSE button when cruising. It goes from loud to reasonably quiet...such that you can easily undertake a long distance cruise without being annoyed by the loud exhaust.

In the GT3T there is no difference between the PSE on or off at cruising speeds.....zilch.....none.....zero. And it's a totally different sound compared to the regular GT3. I do not know what they have done to the exhaust...but it's different...very different...in a bad way.. In fact, the drone at 140 kph is terrible and you cannot get rid of it.

So the GT3T is a great back roads car...but definitely not a long distance touring car. Porsche got 90% of the car incredibly right but and an important, emotional, 10% of the car wrong. We are still scratching our heads why??
Hi Chris..I expect you've already taken into consideration that your winged GT3 is shod with Michelins while your touring is on Dunlops. Could the improved ride and steering of the Touring be down to the Dunlops bearing in mind that Porsche have stated on numerous occasions that the chassis settings are identical on both..
Old 02-26-2018, 03:31 PM
BLACKMAMBA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really liking the Agate / silver combo!
Old 02-26-2018, 07:01 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Haven’t east coast US buyers gotten their cars already? Has anyone posted pics from the US?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:20 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Pussman

With its garage mate. Delighted with the Touring. Has some very cool connections to older 911’s I think such as chrome trim and engine sound. I cannot detect any difference to the winged manual I drove at the PEC earlier this year. Engine note very similar to my ears.
Love the lic. Plate!
Old 02-26-2018, 08:51 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris88
I'm not a fan of Black wheels, but I have to say, your car looks stunning! Really like that look on the Touring.

Chris- please keep us posted when you get your car back.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:14 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by ak432
Chris- please keep us posted when you get your car back.
Will do, but just saw in another thread that the release date has just been moved to "around March 16th." This after many of us were told last week (including me) that it would be this week (by 2/28). This is incredibly frustrating and I'm not happy. Now I don't believe anything. When I returned my car, I was told 2 weeks. It's now been over 6 weeks.

BTW, the Touring is the same as a GT3 with a wing, other than a few interior differences. The engine and the suspension are the same.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:58 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris88
Will do, but just saw in another thread that the release date has just been moved to "around March 16th." This after many of us were told last week (including me) that it would be this week (by 2/28). This is incredibly frustrating and I'm not happy. Now I don't believe anything. When I returned my car, I was told 2 weeks. It's now been over 6 weeks.

BTW, the Touring is the same as a GT3 with a wing, other than a few interior differences. The engine and the suspension are the same.
Interesting. I had a PEC LA deivery date of March 14th and it was recently moved to the 29th. I figured this was the case...CARB related issues. Kinda unbelievable really!!!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:13 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

East coast here, still waiting. The south and the middle can have the touring as the CARB states are all on the coasts.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:01 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
East coast here, still waiting. The south and the middle can have the touring as the CARB states are all on the coasts.
Who stuffed up here ? P America or the dealers affected? Or P Germany ? Just interested. I assume there is not much you can do given I assume they don't make any guarantees about delivery.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:08 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Martin over at petrified is helping me pass the time by working on another piece of my car for a print or two of it. Some nice detail.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:41 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Racing Yellow Touring

Saw this beauty awaiting delivery at Braman yesterday. First time seeing one in person. Overall looks excellent. Lines on this car are perfect from all angles. Loved the yellow with black trim.

Still not thrilled with Porsche’s execution of the rear grille. Love the mesh but not the logo or the wide black plastic trim. They could have easily made it more special by passing on the polished black strip found other models and continuing it between the taillights. (My theory...Porsche intentionally didn't make it great in light of the 911R.)

Also noticed gap in front wheel arches is greater than non-Touring models. Hopefully they just forgot to remove something during PDI...
Hopefully the new owner can tell us if this is different post delivery.

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 02-28-2018 at 06:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Have you taken the Touring to your dealer have the solenoids and exhaust valves checked out? I guarantee you there is some issue there or something not connected properly.
I already checked the solenoids. They are all connected as they are supposed to be. See attached photos.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:51 AM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Saw this beauty awaiting delivery at Braman yesterday. First time seeing one in person. Overall looks excellent. Lines on this car are perfect from all angles. Loved the yellow with black trim.

Still not thrilled with Porsche’s execution of the rear grille. Love the mesh but not the logo or the wide black plastic trim. They could have easily made it more special by passing on the polished black strip found other models and continuing it between the taillights. (My theory...Porsche intentionally didn't make it great in light of the 911R.)

Also noticed gap in front wheel arches is greater than non-Touring models. Hopefully they just forgot to remove something during PDI...
Hopefully the new owner can tell us if this is different post delivery.
Fun. I’m guessing you won’t see many yellow Tourings, a rare bird. 🐤

Regarding height, I presume the lift (listed on monroney) is still up.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:34 PM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Originally Posted by nimprojects
Regarding height, I presume the lift (listed on monroney) is still up.
Definitely. Here is a foto of mine, definitely with the front axle lift engaged. Stupidly forgot to lower the car

for the photo as you can see on the second photo (LED of front axle lift still on).
Old 03-01-2018, 04:35 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I think you are going to be very surprised at how different the Touring is to a manual GT3. They say they haven't changed anything, I say BS.

It ride betters, it steers better and the exhaust sound is completely different...in a bad way.

In a regular GT3, there is a distinct difference in the sound of the exhaust when you hit the PSE button when cruising. It goes from loud to reasonably quiet...such that you can easily undertake a long distance cruise without being annoyed by the loud exhaust.

In the GT3T there is no difference between the PSE on or off at cruising speeds.....zilch.....none.....zero. And it's a totally different sound compared to the regular GT3. I do not know what they have done to the exhaust...but it's different...very different...in a bad way.. In fact, the drone at 140 kph is terrible and you cannot get rid of it.

So the GT3T is a great back roads car...but definitely not a long distance touring car. Porsche got 90% of the car incredibly right but and an important, emotional, 10% of the car wrong. We are still scratching our heads why??
Sad to hear about the sound. That 10% of the car is a BIG part of the experience !
Steering and ride could be down to the tires ? I saw your touring is on Dunlops and I presume your GT3 is on Sportcups ?

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..