The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread.. - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by: Inside Car Connection
View Poll Results: GT3 Touring Colour (Ordered or Delivered) Vote if locked in
Black/JetBlack
16
12.31%
White/Carrara White
6
4.62%
Guards Red
3
2.31%
Yellow
2
1.54%
Graphite Blue
10
7.69%
Rhodium
3
2.31%
Sapphire Blue
9
6.92%
Agate Grey
6
4.62%
GT Silver
21
16.15%
Carmine Red
5
3.85%
Chalk/ Crayon
5
3.85%
Lava Orange
0
0%
Miami Blue
1
0.77%
PTS - Bright Colour
5
3.85%
PTS - Dark Colour
7
5.38%
PTS - Classic Vintage
31
23.85%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Reply

Old 12-24-2017, 03:36 PM
  #46
Archimedes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,681
Default

I changed from GT Silver back to my first choice, black. I think it's the only color that makes the GT3T look good from any angle as it softens some of the harsh breaks yet still retains the overall muscularity of the car. Black, black touring package, PCCB, platinum satin wheels, buckets, leather, carbon fiber interior package. Now, only 9 more months...
Archimedes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:42 PM
  #47
neurotic
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
neurotic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,847
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
I changed from GT Silver back to my first choice, black. I think it's the only color that makes the GT3T look good from any angle as it softens some of the harsh breaks yet still retains the overall muscularity of the car. Black, black touring package, PCCB, platinum satin wheels, buckets, leather, carbon fiber interior package. Now, only 9 more months...
can't argue with that. I absolutely would love a GT3 in black but because of my **** tendencies and OCD, I can not stand cleaning the car every 3 miles.

I have winged GT coming, but the more I see of touring cars, the more I'm digging the look. but the GT nut in me is telling me "wings, you fool!"

I want my car to lock so I can move on with my life and not worry about these first world problems
neurotic is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:48 PM
  #48
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 7,573
Default

Originally Posted by neurotic View Post
can't argue with that. I absolutely would love a GT3 in black but because of my **** tendencies and OCD, I can not stand cleaning the car every 3 miles.

I have winged GT coming, but the more I see of touring cars, the more I'm digging the look. but the GT nut in me is telling me "wings, you fool!"

I want my car to lock so I can move on with my life and not worry about these first world problems
Black is great but you have to wrap the whole car whether clear or stealth. I just never want to deal with swirls, light scratches, waxing ect. But with these cars now up in the $175,000 range you need to protect the investment. And I am not talking about depreciation because, in my mind, assume they all will
Jimmy-D is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:04 PM
  #49
Archimedes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,681
Default

Paint correct it, CQuartz it, and just be smart about how you wash it and it'll be fine. I've owned black before and know the price to be paid; good paint to start with is key. That said, I think the less you wash a black car, the better, and since brake dust is often the trigger for me washing my car, I think PCCB is a must on a black car. And we don't get much of any rain out here, so there's less need to wash the car. And even an old swirly black car looks awesome IMO. I'm gonna drive the hell out of this car, so there's no point in worrying too much about the paint on this one.
Archimedes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:11 PM
  #50
motorwerksgroup
User
 
motorwerksgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Posts: 236
Default

Unless a black car is detailed to perfection, the rest of the time, they look worn IMO. Nothing like a freshly washed and detailed black car. But beyond that, they age badly. I agree that CQuartz and PPF help immensely nowadays in making black a manageable color again.

That said, a black GT3T with Satin Platinum wheels and PCCB with Carbon fiber will be absolutely stunning to see!!
motorwerksgroup is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:22 PM
  #51
JP Manor
User
 
JP Manor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
I changed from GT Silver back to my first choice, black. I think it's the only color that makes the GT3T look good from any angle as it softens some of the harsh breaks yet still retains the overall muscularity of the car. Black, black touring package, PCCB, platinum satin wheels, buckets, leather, carbon fiber interior package. Now, only 9 more months...
GT silver and black are best two colors in the .2 GT3 IMO.

People are liking chalk but to me fashion grey is a much better color!
JP Manor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:48 PM
  #52
hf1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
hf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 3,428
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Paint correct it, CQuartz it, and just be smart about how you wash it and it'll be fine. I've owned black before and know the price to be paid; good paint to start with is key. That said, I think the less you wash a black car, the better, ...
This. And black offers you the widest dirty/clean wow margin compared to any other color. You get used to it dirty for some time, then get hit by how beautiful it is each time you wash it -- like getting a completely different car. No other color offers this experience.
hf1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:20 PM
  #53
HelpMeHelpU
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
HelpMeHelpU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,160
Default

Originally Posted by Terrence
I wanna see at GT Silver one! ��
Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.
Attached Images       
HelpMeHelpU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:45 PM
  #54
Archimedes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,681
Default

Originally Posted by hf1 View Post
This. And black offers you the widest dirty/clean wow margin compared to any other color. You get used to it dirty for some time, then get hit by how beautiful it is each time you wash it -- like getting a completely different car. No other color offers this experience.
Absolutely. Black is a wow color to me. I love GTSilver but, the more I looked at it, the more it didn't wow me. And I even revel in a dirty black car because I still think it's so classic. Whenever I see an old, driven 911 in black, it just looks right to me. Helps that my 78 was black. Color is so personal though. There are few colors that I think look bad on the GT3T.
Archimedes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:09 PM
  #55
NA430GTS
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
NA430GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,073
Default

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Absolutely. Black is a wow color to me. I love GTSilver but, the more I looked at it, the more it didn't wow me. And I even revel in a dirty black car because I still think it's so classic. Whenever I see an old, driven 911 in black, it just looks right to me. Helps that my 78 was black. Color is so personal though. There are few colors that I think look bad on the GT3T.
Can't go wrong with either black or GT Silver. I even think any wheel color looks good on those two. Are you still doing buckets or are you considering 4 ways?
NA430GTS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:24 AM
  #56
motorwerksgroup
User
 
motorwerksgroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Posts: 236
Default

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU View Post
Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.
Meh...looks like a base 991
motorwerksgroup is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:52 AM
  #57
CAlexio
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
CAlexio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 7,110
Default

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.
991.1 Carrera 4?
CAlexio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:48 AM
  #58
Oldmxnut
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Oldmxnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 468
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
I have seen Chalk a couple of times and just the other day I was up close with a .2 in Chalk. I think if you are going to get a GT3 T that Chalk would not be the route. The Wingey breaks up Chalk and it actually looks pretty good but also needs some livery to bring it to life. With the Touring it does not have that option so will look like the Panamera. I like the Touring in a Darker color and I believe Silver trim on the touring a must. Although the GT Silver Touring was a surprise how good it looks. Gives it more of a Classic look and helps slightly differentiate it.

**I would do Black with Satin Aluminum wheels and Silver trim and then would Stealth wrap the whole car.- Would be the "Bomb" but GT Silver in Stealth with same features would also be awesome
Here is chalk without the "winger thing".. took the liberty of (probably a sacralidge ) of deleting it from someones car. (Apologies to owner if reading ). I think to your point though if adding the black mirrors, door handles, breaks it up enough.

Oldmxnut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:51 AM
  #59
fxz
Super User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist h÷re...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Posts: 2,554
Default

GT Silver is one of the colors that cell phones camera can' t make any justice

so its chalk and many others
fxz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:56 AM
  #60
HelpMeHelpU
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
HelpMeHelpU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,160
Default

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Meh...looks like a base 991
Originally Posted by CAlexio
991.1 Carrera 4?
What can I say? You can bet it doesn't drive like one! Personally, I wouldn't spec it in GT S (I have a 991.1 C4S in GT S and don't love the color--much prefer "pedestrian" Rhodium Silver).
Attached Images  

Last edited by HelpMeHelpU; 12-25-2017 at 02:39 PM.
HelpMeHelpU is offline  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Lapis
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
58
11-23-2017 04:29 PM
Lapis
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
20
11-14-2017 07:40 PM
Johnny5Alive
991
4
09-11-2017 07:39 PM
Lapis
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
43
09-01-2017 09:59 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: