Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread.. (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1038770-the-official-gt3-touring-owners-pictures-thread.html)

Archimedes 12-24-2017 02:36 PM

I changed from GT Silver back to my first choice, black. I think it's the only color that makes the GT3T look good from any angle as it softens some of the harsh breaks yet still retains the overall muscularity of the car. Black, black touring package, PCCB, platinum satin wheels, buckets, leather, carbon fiber interior package. Now, only 9 more months...

neurotic 12-24-2017 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 14689944)
I changed from GT Silver back to my first choice, black. I think it's the only color that makes the GT3T look good from any angle as it softens some of the harsh breaks yet still retains the overall muscularity of the car. Black, black touring package, PCCB, platinum satin wheels, buckets, leather, carbon fiber interior package. Now, only 9 more months...

can't argue with that. I absolutely would love a GT3 in black but because of my anal tendencies and OCD, I can not stand cleaning the car every 3 miles.

I have winged GT coming, but the more I see of touring cars, the more I'm digging the look. but the GT nut in me is telling me "wings, you fool!"

I want my car to lock so I can move on with my life and not worry about these first world problems

Jimmy-D 12-24-2017 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by neurotic (Post 14689952)
can't argue with that. I absolutely would love a GT3 in black but because of my anal tendencies and OCD, I can not stand cleaning the car every 3 miles.

I have winged GT coming, but the more I see of touring cars, the more I'm digging the look. but the GT nut in me is telling me "wings, you fool!"

I want my car to lock so I can move on with my life and not worry about these first world problems

Black is great but you have to wrap the whole car whether clear or stealth. I just never want to deal with swirls, light scratches, waxing ect. But with these cars now up in the $175,000 range you need to protect the investment. And I am not talking about depreciation because, in my mind, assume they all will

Archimedes 12-24-2017 05:04 PM

Paint correct it, CQuartz it, and just be smart about how you wash it and it'll be fine. I've owned black before and know the price to be paid; good paint to start with is key. That said, I think the less you wash a black car, the better, and since brake dust is often the trigger for me washing my car, I think PCCB is a must on a black car. And we don't get much of any rain out here, so there's less need to wash the car. And even an old swirly black car looks awesome IMO. I'm gonna drive the hell out of this car, so there's no point in worrying too much about the paint on this one.

motorwerksgroup 12-24-2017 05:11 PM

Unless a black car is detailed to perfection, the rest of the time, they look worn IMO. Nothing like a freshly washed and detailed black car. But beyond that, they age badly. I agree that CQuartz and PPF help immensely nowadays in making black a manageable color again.

That said, a black GT3T with Satin Platinum wheels and PCCB with Carbon fiber will be absolutely stunning to see!!

JP Manor 12-24-2017 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 14689944)

GT silver and black are best two colors in the .2 GT3 IMO.

People are liking chalk but to me fashion grey is a much better color!

hf1 12-24-2017 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 14690158)
Paint correct it, CQuartz it, and just be smart about how you wash it and it'll be fine. I've owned black before and know the price to be paid; good paint to start with is key. That said, I think the less you wash a black car, the better, ...

This. And black offers you the widest dirty/clean wow margin compared to any other color. You get used to it dirty for some time, then get hit by how beautiful it is each time you wash it -- like getting a completely different car. No other color offers this experience. :)

HelpMeHelpU 12-24-2017 06:20 PM

6 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Terrence
I wanna see at GT Silver one! ��

Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.

Archimedes 12-24-2017 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by hf1 (Post 14690230)
This. And black offers you the widest dirty/clean wow margin compared to any other color. You get used to it dirty for some time, then get hit by how beautiful it is each time you wash it -- like getting a completely different car. No other color offers this experience. :)

Absolutely. Black is a wow color to me. I love GTSilver but, the more I looked at it, the more it didn't wow me. And I even revel in a dirty black car because I still think it's so classic. Whenever I see an old, driven 911 in black, it just looks right to me. Helps that my 78 was black. Color is so personal though. There are few colors that I think look bad on the GT3T.

cajerseyboy 12-24-2017 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Absolutely. Black is a wow color to me. I love GTSilver but, the more I looked at it, the more it didn't wow me. And I even revel in a dirty black car because I still think it's so classic. Whenever I see an old, driven 911 in black, it just looks right to me. Helps that my 78 was black. Color is so personal though. There are few colors that I think look bad on the GT3T.

Can't go wrong with either black or GT Silver. I even think any wheel color looks good on those two. Are you still doing buckets or are you considering 4 ways?

motorwerksgroup 12-25-2017 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU (Post 14690270)
Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.

Meh...looks like a base 991

CAlexio 12-25-2017 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU

991.1 Carrera 4?

Oldmxnut 12-25-2017 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D (Post 14689676)
I have seen Chalk a couple of times and just the other day I was up close with a .2 in Chalk. I think if you are going to get a GT3 T that Chalk would not be the route. The Wingey breaks up Chalk and it actually looks pretty good but also needs some livery to bring it to life. With the Touring it does not have that option so will look like the Panamera. I like the Touring in a Darker color and I believe Silver trim on the touring a must. Although the GT Silver Touring was a surprise how good it looks. Gives it more of a Classic look and helps slightly differentiate it.

**I would do Black with Satin Aluminum wheels and Silver trim and then would Stealth wrap the whole car.- Would be the "Bomb" but GT Silver in Stealth with same features would also be awesome

Here is chalk without the "winger thing".. took the liberty of (probably a sacralidge:icon107: ) of deleting it from someones car. (Apologies to owner if reading ). I think to your point though if adding the black mirrors, door handles, breaks it up enough.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...9f5a064eef.png

fxz 12-25-2017 08:51 AM

GT Silver is one of the colors that cell phones camera can' t make any justice

so its chalk and many others

HelpMeHelpU 12-25-2017 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Meh...looks like a base 991

Originally Posted by CAlexio
991.1 Carrera 4?

What can I say? You can bet it doesn't drive like one! Personally, I wouldn't spec it in GT S (I have a 991.1 C4S in GT S and don't love the color--much prefer "pedestrian" Rhodium Silver).