Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread.. (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1038770-the-official-gt3-touring-owners-pictures-thread.html)

Chris88 12-22-2017 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 14686428)
Can someone tell me whether the black GT3T in this video is running on the standard wheels or satin aluminum?

My guess is they're the standard Silver wheels, but hard to tell. My White Touring due to arrive in 2 weeks will have satin aluminum wheels.

jlee504 12-22-2017 06:19 PM

Me thinks it’s standard....

Chris3963 12-23-2017 09:32 AM

jlee504 12-23-2017 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chris3963

I wish they would add blue to the color options !!

superchargedman 12-23-2017 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA (Post 14668014)
Some from the gram

Is that actually midnight blue?! Or is it just poorly lit sapphire?

GT3 KSA 12-23-2017 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by superchargedman

It is either the midnight blue or the black but for sure not the SBM

Archimedes 12-23-2017 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by superchargedman (Post 14688822)

Definitely not Sapphire. I originally thought DBM, but I actually think it's just a black car with the processing giving it a blueing effect. I think that because I believe that this was one of the cars in that group tour for which some private video was just posted on YouTube. There was no DBM or Midnight Blue car in that group. Only two black cars, a concrete blue and a SBM.

jlee504 12-24-2017 12:39 AM

I went to a dealer today to check out some colors. I’m off black and went to see maybe switching to graphite blue, but I saw a chalk gts coupe that was amazing. Chalk is such an interesting color, on the panamera it’s not that great because I think it’s just so much of it, on a smaller car like the 911its just amazing. I think I may switch again !

Oldmxnut 12-24-2017 03:11 AM

jlee I think, either I copy your colour palette or your copying mine !! We Seem to do as many colour changes and similar. Ive changed over the journey: Irish green -> Graphite blue -> GT Silver - > Chalk -> GT Silver -> Chalk -> Black -> GT Silver -> Chalk/Crayon (locked)

I agree Chalk on the touring is so close to fashion grey and hoping it will be just as good. I think I saw somewhere on here that 25% of the touring orders where chalk ?? But that pic of black touring / Alu wheels with walter driving is spot on, nearly makes me want to go back to Black.

But here is Graphite Blue..

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b63279a5a7.png

jlee504 12-24-2017 09:40 AM

I hope you get yours before mine locks !

Im waiting for more pics of a gt3 in chalk with standard or platinum wheels. I think I’m over the black wheels thing but it looked pretty good on the gts. I think it’s yellower than fashion grey and it’s lignt enough that I’m not sure touring with silver trim will work..need pics!

GT3 KSA 12-24-2017 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by jlee504
I hope you get yours before mine locks !

Im waiting for more pics of a gt3 in chalk with standard or platinum wheels. I think I’m over the black wheels thing but it looked pretty good on the gts. I think it’s yellower than fashion grey and it’s lignt enough that I’m not sure touring with silver trim will work..need pics!

Here are some pictures of chalk with Plat. wheels

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...1040578&page=1

Jimmy-D 12-24-2017 11:38 AM

I have seen Chalk a couple of times and just the other day I was up close with a .2 in Chalk. I think if you are going to get a GT3 T that Chalk would not be the route. The Wingey breaks up Chalk and it actually looks pretty good but also needs some livery to bring it to life. With the Touring it does not have that option so will look like the Panamera. I like the Touring in a Darker color and I believe Silver trim on the touring a must. Although the GT Silver Touring was a surprise how good it looks. Gives it more of a Classic look and helps slightly differentiate it.

**I would do Black with Satin Aluminum wheels and Silver trim and then would Stealth wrap the whole car.- Would be the "Bomb" but GT Silver in Stealth with same features would also be awesome

jlee504 12-24-2017 12:00 PM

Right now that’s the build and plan. Gt silver with a stealth wrap.

The chalk i saw was a gts coupe so pretty close to touring. I think it does need the black to break it up some, it’s just too light to do with silver.

evilfij 12-24-2017 12:35 PM

The dark blue is night blue metallic I believe based on instagram.

Mine is on the Atlantic and should arrive in davisville in New Year’s Eve. Then she sits until CARB approval. I will keep driving my TDI VW ....

Jimmy-D 12-24-2017 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by jlee504 (Post 14689712)
Right now that’s the build and plan. Gt silver with a stealth wrap.

The chalk i saw was a gts coupe so pretty close to touring. I think it does need the black to break it up some, it’s just too light to do with silver.

Will look unique and pretty awesome. If you go with Satin Alum it will match the Satin Finish after wrapped