3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.41%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.06%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.60%
Voters: 726. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 08:00 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by monte313
Yes i thought they looked like satin - very nice. I went with the standard silver and regret not specifying the satin silver as i think they make a subtle difference and matches better with the aluminium/polished window trimmings. The difference was noticeable when compared live with another GT3 with those satin silver wheels, next to mine. Am considering getting my dealer to spray them satin silver...
Monte....you made my day. I ordered satin aluminium and wasn’t sure if I had made the right decision...ie matching the aluminum trim. Never seen side by side and can’t tell with pictures. Peter (Gunner1) was kind enough to offer to swap mine SA for his silver which i considered but chose to keep my car matched to the build sheet.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:48 AM
Daggie
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Apologies, didn't read the title correctly. Feel free to remove this post.
Old 01-30-2019, 10:00 AM
monte313
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft

Monte....you made my day. I ordered satin aluminium and wasn’t sure if I had made the right decision...ie matching the aluminum trim. Never seen side by side and can’t tell with pictures. Peter (Gunner1) was kind enough to offer to swap mine SA for his silver which i considered but chose to keep my car matched to the build sheet.
You made the right choice! It's a subtle difference which doesn't show well in pictures - hence i though I'll save some money and specified the standard silver Even more reason to have them if you have PCCBs as you won't have to worry about keeping them clean! the silver lining for me is that my local dealer can respray my wheels to same satin finish and colour at less than 1/2 the cost (difference mainly due to import duties).
Old 01-30-2019, 10:49 AM
monte313
AutoX

Quick question to Chalk or White owners who have done only partial PPF - does it look obvious the parts/panels that have PPF and those that don't? I have been informed by my installer that if PPF is done on a light coloured car, you may see a difference on where the PPF has been applied and where it has not.
I am considering applying Xpel Ultimate to my front bumper, bonnet, fenders and rockers only. Would be grateful for any feedback. Many thanks.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:38 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Quick question to Chalk or White owners who have done only partial PPF - does it look obvious the parts/panels that have PPF and those that don't? I have been informed by my installer that if PPF is done on a light coloured car, you may see a difference on where the PPF has been applied and where it has not.
I am considering applying Xpel Ultimate to my front bumper, bonnet, fenders and rockers only. Would be grateful for any feedback. Many thanks.
I’ve had no issues with white cars my GT3 was only PPF’d full front and my now 458 is the full front. My current RS I did the entire car because it’s blacks which I think you have to do the entire car because of swirls and dirt. White I’ve seen no issues ....my 458 below you can’t tell even when close up. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:31 PM
maineman
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by donutcritic
Chalk wasn't my first choice but I'm really liking the color. In dusk chalk has blue tinges (ala graphite blue metallic) and appears white-ish in bright daylight. My wife advocated for yellow features, so we went deep with yellow stitching and belts, in addition to chalk interior trim. This config is a departure from most I've seen!

Your interior is very similar to mine. I didn't get to spec mine, however. The leather vents with the racing yellow stitching are a very nice touch as are the leather seat backs. Very nicely done.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:47 PM
AndreasPeriera
Advanced

I've installed PPF from hexis on the front part of my Chalk touring up to the mirrors and after 4 months and 5000km of driving I can't spot a difference.
​​​​​​Just make sure you see the installers work on other cars before committing.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:57 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Not sure about Chalk, but PPF on White will start to show a difference (vs naked paint) after 3 years even with Xpel Ultimate. Much less so (even not at all) on Yellow or darker colors. The quality of the installer doesn't matter. He can't change physics.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:33 PM
sterno
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Default My GT3 Touring

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
The wing envy free zone... Seems to be an "official" one for everyone else .. So post here as they start arriving this month in Europe.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:55 PM
monte313
AutoX

Thank you all for your feedback. I'm inclined to go ahead with just the front wrapping and deal with any potential yellowing later (hopefully longer than 3 years)! Also read the separate thread on wrapping the headlights and laminating issues when removing the film - anyone here with such experience (i suppose on their older cars)? many thanks!
Old 01-30-2019, 08:25 PM
A418t81
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 105 Posts

If you reference my picture above, the front of the car is wrapped to the windshield essentially (full hood, bumper, both full front quarter panels, etc). There's zero color difference. This is my third 991 and I've wrapped all the headlights. It's worth it. The delamination issues happened to somebody who didn't remove the film with steam.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:00 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

@carrerafanboy

I think I saw your maritime touring on the gram. If so, congrats she is a stunner and post some pics here.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:11 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by GT325
I think most factory GT3 side stripes are installed like 1Gunner has graciously pointed out including painstakingly sharing measurements in prior posts. Thanks 1Gunner. See below for pictures where the side stripes stop short of the front and rear wheel well/fender but DO appear to wrap the edges of the door cut outs. Notice these pictures are of cars that haven't been prepped fully so they are presumably CXX factory install and not aftermarket. The white car you posted very well could be aftermarket install since the factory would likely not put green 911R stripes on a touring.
Having factory 'special wishes' stripes (formally denoted as such on the Monroney FWIW), I can confirm 1Gunner's post - the factory side stripes stop short of the front and rear wheel well/fender (in fact well short) but do wrap the edges of the door cut outs.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:56 PM
monte313
AutoX

Originally Posted by A418t81
If you reference my picture above, the front of the car is wrapped to the windshield essentially (full hood, bumper, both full front quarter panels, etc). There's zero color difference. This is my third 991 and I've wrapped all the headlights. It's worth it. The delamination issues happened to somebody who didn't remove the film with steam.
Thank you for your feedback! I've decided to get mine wrapped, including the headlights!
Old 02-01-2019, 11:17 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Black sat antenna cover gone!

#ptsfail

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..