The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread.. - Page 169 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GT3 Touring Colour (Ordered or Delivered) Vote if locked in
Black/JetBlack
61
13.47%
White/Carrara White
33
7.28%
Guards Red
15
3.31%
Yellow
5
1.10%
Graphite Blue
28
6.18%
Rhodium
5
1.10%
Sapphire Blue
19
4.19%
Agate Grey
27
5.96%
GT Silver
79
17.44%
Carmine Red
14
3.09%
Chalk/ Crayon
38
8.39%
Lava Orange
2
0.44%
Miami Blue
17
3.75%
PTS - Bright Colour
14
3.09%
PTS - Dark Colour
20
4.42%
PTS - Classic Vintage
76
16.78%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

 
Old 01-29-2019, 03:08 PM
  #2521  
Brian Himmelman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Brian Himmelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 406
Default

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA View Post
Is your car for sale? Saw the exact spec on youtube for sale
no different car ... carbon mirrors and black door handles, it has basic interior vs OEM houndstooth and carbon shifter

Brian Himmelman is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 03:09 PM
  #2522  
Brian Himmelman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Brian Himmelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 406
Default

Originally Posted by marchitect View Post
Those stickers look legit, like they are factory, they most likely are. Because they don't wrap around the body panel which is what the after market likes to do for some reason. Well done. That small gap between where the sticker stops and the body panel ends is key to the look that Porsche intended.
good eye !!
Brian Himmelman is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 07:53 PM
  #2523  
monte313
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by WernerE View Post
Mine has silver aluminum trim...not black. Black wouldn't show nearly as well against the glass.

are those the standard silver wheels or the optional satin silver?
monte313 is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 08:28 PM
  #2524  
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
1Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a van down by the Ottawa River ...
Posts: 3,363
Default

Originally Posted by marchitect View Post
Those stickers look legit, like they are factory, they most likely are. Because they don't wrap around the body panel which is what the after market likes to do for some reason. Well done. That small gap between where the sticker stops and the body panel ends is key to the look that Porsche intended.
To be clear;
CXX factory stripes do wrap into front and rear door jams. Also the edges are cut sharp.




Only the very front and rear portions do not wrap into the wheel wells. Also another detail to observe, the edges are rounded slightly which is tough, but not impossible for AM to copy.

1Gunner is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 08:28 PM
  #2525  
WernerE
User
 
WernerE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,295
Default

Originally Posted by monte313 View Post
are those the standard silver wheels or the optional satin silver?
Satin aluminum, similar to the 911R
WernerE is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 09:51 PM
  #2526  
marchitect
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by 1Gunner View Post
To be clear;
CXX factory stripes do wrap into front and rear door jams. Also the edges are cut sharp.




Only the very front and rear portions do not wrap into the wheel wells. Also another detail to observe, the edges are rounded slightly which is tough, but not impossible for AM to copy.

Very interesting. Every 911R and the poster above clearly have a gap between where the sticker ends and the body panel's edge. I guess Porsche is not consistent in their install sticker method

911R Sticker Detail.


marchitect is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 10:22 PM
  #2527  
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
1Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a van down by the Ottawa River ...
Posts: 3,363
Default

Originally Posted by marchitect View Post
Very interesting. Every 911R and the poster above clearly have a gap between where the sticker ends and the body panel's edge. I guess Porsche is not consistent in their install sticker method

911R Sticker Detail.
Maybe a factory change up between the 991R and GT3T stripe decals?
1Gunner is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:04 PM
  #2528  
marchitect
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 66
Default

Originally Posted by 1Gunner View Post
Maybe a factory change up between the 991R and GT3T stripe decals?
No, Because GT3's are coming in with factory stickers that are just like the 911R.

GT3 Sticker Detail same as 911R
marchitect is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:08 PM
  #2529  
marchitect
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 66
Default


After market sticker detail.
marchitect is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:10 PM
  #2530  
monte313
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by WernerE View Post


Satin aluminum, similar to the 911R
Yes i thought they looked like satin - very nice. I went with the standard silver and regret not specifying the satin silver as i think they make a subtle difference and matches better with the aluminium/polished window trimmings. The difference was noticeable when compared live with another GT3 with those satin silver wheels, next to mine. Am considering getting my dealer to spray them satin silver...
monte313 is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:22 PM
  #2531  
donutcritic
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 84
Default

Chalk wasn't my first choice but I'm really liking the color. In dusk chalk has blue tinges (ala graphite blue metallic) and appears white-ish in bright daylight. My wife advocated for yellow features, so we went deep with yellow stitching and belts, in addition to chalk interior trim. This config is a departure from most I've seen!








donutcritic is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 12:31 AM
  #2532  
woodranch
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 495
Default

Donutcritic that car of yours is beautiful! You are quite a lucky person....enjoy.
woodranch is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 12:33 AM
  #2533  
4pipes
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
4pipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 502
Default

Well done.
4pipes is online now  
Old 01-30-2019, 01:18 AM
  #2534  
GT325
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 200
Default

Originally Posted by marchitect
No, Because GT3's are coming in with factory stickers that are just like the 911R.

GT3 Sticker Detail same as 911R
I think most factory GT3 side stripes are installed like 1Gunner has graciously pointed out including painstakingly sharing measurements in prior posts. Thanks 1Gunner. See below for pictures where the side stripes stop short of the front and rear wheel well/fender but DO appear to wrap the edges of the door cut outs. Notice these pictures are of cars that haven't been prepped fully so they are presumably CXX factory install and not aftermarket. The white car you posted very well could be aftermarket install since the factory would likely not put green 911R stripes on a touring.
Attached Images   

Last edited by GT325; 01-30-2019 at 08:57 AM.
GT325 is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 06:41 AM
  #2535  
JIMMY JAMES
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 136
Default

Originally Posted by woodranch View Post
Donutcritic that car of yours is beautiful! You are quite a lucky person....enjoy.
Agree. Outstanding. That spec interior and wheels would work with so many other colours too. White especially.
JIMMY JAMES is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: