3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.41%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.06%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.60%
Voters: 726. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 12:04 PM
hsiaochinsan
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by itsujack
Mine just landed here in OZ. Went for a Sunday morning run with some mates. Car is epic!

Car looks fantastic. Congrats.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:58 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
Was door straps CXX and how much cost? Thanks
Replied to your PM.

Mine just landed here in OZ. Went for a Sunday morning run with some mates. Car is epic!
The all black looks so clean and sinister. Congrats!

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Yes please. I was just about to do the same..
Ok. I'll set up to do it next weekend and post a DIY if I don't screw it up too badly
Old 07-30-2018, 05:53 AM
itsujack
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Yes please. I was just about to do the same..
Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos
Ok. I'll set up to do it next weekend and post a DIY if I don't screw it up too badly
FYI This past weekend I just removed the sticker on the alcantara with a nice sharp, brand new utility knife snap-off blade (use the blade only, removed from the knife)

Sounds frightening but actually easy once you get it going. Once you lift one corner of the sticker, hold the blade at a very slight angle and work back and forwards. There's no sign the sticker was even there.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:41 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

FYI This past weekend I just removed the sticker on the alcantara with a nice sharp, brand new utility knife snap-off blade (use the blade only, removed from the knife)

Sounds frightening but actually easy once you get it going. Once you lift one corner of the sticker, hold the blade at a very slight angle and work back and forwards. There's no sign the sticker was even there.
Sounds like you like living on the edge haha... Im no surgeon !!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:49 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Personally I think drawing attention to air vents is a bit weird so the black is good.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:51 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

To reply to my own message. Could consider swapping them out for regular vents with no stitching as I know what you mean about the only black stitching in the car.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:44 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Standard Touring Interior Trim

Sure everyone knows this already but what exactly is the name of the Standard Touring Interior Trim? I'm always surprised that I rarely see this, especially because it's my understanding that something very similar was used on the original 1973 RS Touring variant.

I thought that standard Touring trim is Anthracite Brushed Aluminum. However, on the configurator under 'Interior Aluminum' when you select 'Anthracite Brushed Aluminum' the trim changes to something lighter in shade. Looks to be completely different, something closer to black anodized below...

Are there really a total of five different aluminum trims options for 991s?
-Black Aluminum standard Touring trim*
-Anthracite Brushed Aluminum optional on all GT3 models including Touring
-Brushed Aluminum standard on 991.2 GT3
-Anodized Black Brushed (found standard on GTS models)
-Glossy plastic looking trash trim

*Edit* In original press release Porsche refers to Touring interior trim simply as 'Black Aluminum'.

From Press Release:
"The interior creates the feel of a classic sports car with manual transmission. In line with the character of a puristic GT, fine leather is prevalent rather than Alcantara. The steering wheel rim with twelve o'clock marker, shift lever, door panel armrests, centre console storage compartment lid and interior door handles are upholstered in smooth-finish leather. The seat centres are made of black fabric. The headrests feature embossed Porsche crests and all seams in the partial leather interior are sewn in black thread. The finishing touch to the interior is the trim in black aluminium."

From another thread comparing Black Anodized (GTS standard trim) and Brushed Anthracite (991.2 GT3 optional trim). How does Touring Black Aluminum compare? Or perhaps standard Touring is the same Anodized found in GTS?

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 07-31-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:09 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Sure everyone knows this already but what exactly is the name of the Standard Touring Interior Trim? I'm always surprised that I rarely see this, especially because it's my understanding that something very similar was used on the original 1973 RS Touring variant.

I thought that standard Touring trim is Anthracite Brushed Aluminum. However, on the configurator under 'Interior Aluminum' when you select 'Anthracite Brushed Aluminum' the trim changes to something lighter in shade. Looks to be completely different, something closer to black anodized below...

Are there really a total of five different aluminum trims options for 991s?
-Black Aluminum standard Touring trim*
-Anthracite Brushed Aluminum optional on all GT3 models including Touring
-Brushed Aluminum standard on 991.2 GT3
-Anodized Black Brushed (found standard on GTS models)
-Glossy plastic looking trash trim

*Edit* In original press release Porsche refers to Touring interior trim simply as 'Black Aluminum'.

From Press Release:
"The interior creates the feel of a classic sports car with manual transmission. In line with the character of a puristic GT, fine leather is prevalent rather than Alcantara. The steering wheel rim with twelve o'clock marker, shift lever, door panel armrests, centre console storage compartment lid and interior door handles are upholstered in smooth-finish leather. The seat centres are made of black fabric. The headrests feature embossed Porsche crests and all seams in the partial leather interior are sewn in black thread. The finishing touch to the interior is the trim in black aluminium."

From another thread comparing Black Anodized (GTS standard trim) and Brushed Anthracite (991.2 GT3 optional trim). How does Touring Black Aluminum compare? Or perhaps standard Touring is the same Anodized found in GTS?
Touring black really is black vs. some sort of shade of gray. I absolutely love the look.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:14 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

I'm being told that standard Touring trim is the same trim standard on GTS models. While I really liked that trim in my own GTS, I'm just a bit disappointed as I thought for some crazy reason that Porsche was offering something unique in the Touring.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:20 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
I'm being told that standard Touring trim is the same trim standard on GTS models. While I really liked that trim in my own GTS, I'm just a bit disappointed as I thought for some crazy reason that Porsche was offering something unique in the Touring.
Not sure. Looks perfect to me with the exception of the standard shift kn0b and the ubiquitous shiny door handles
Old 07-31-2018, 09:50 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

My interior is completely stock, except for Sport Crono. I'm very happy with the standard Black Aluminum trim. If I were to order my car again, I wouldn't change a thing.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:47 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris88
My interior is completely stock, except for Sport Crono. I'm very happy with the standard Black Aluminum trim. If I were to order my car again, I wouldn't change a thing.
I never get bored of seeing those retro seat inserts. Maybe the best part about the Touring interior.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Siriuslux
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris88
I completely agree, I just have the plastic dashboard, which is very nice and will last very long. Same in my 1988 Cabrio.
the obly difference tonyours is that I do not have the sports chrono and have the folding buckets, which are tighter and fit me better.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:04 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

White dials. Also SC clock is white.

Brushed black Al with GT Silver deviated stiching

2.5 years ago, when I ordered my 981 CGTS, "brushed black Al" was a new trim option for MY16 - hadn't been available before (at least in 981). I thought it would work nicely with the white dials I had already decided upon. The standard trim in the Touring is the same "brushed black Al" as the option for the 981. I went with that trim in the Touring and also white dials again. Why change a winning concept?
Old 08-01-2018, 01:48 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I "accidentally" checked the Anthracite Brushed Aluminum box on my Touring thinking it would get me the black trim as I didn't realize at the time that the standard Touring trim was different from the GT3 with wing. Glad I made the mistake as I think the darker (but still lighter than black) trim breaks up the interior a little bit. I also went with chrome exterior trim and I'm putting light grey decals on, so the grey anthracite will tie in well with the exterior IMO. Also getting pepita seat inserts...hoping it results in an understated mix of black, greys and silver. Just ignore the yellow brakes and seat belts lol.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..