Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread.. (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1038770-the-official-gt3-touring-owners-pictures-thread.html)

IrishAndy 07-15-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15143650)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...8455bfe64.jpeg

Coolest personalized sill EVER. Difficult to check this box without crossing the ‘tacky’ line but yours is incredibly tasteful.

Hey, I really appreciate the kind words!

Restraint was the most difficult thing... trying to personalize it without jumping the shark. I had a few options selected that I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on.

Believe it or not I still don't have the car, and don't have any interior pics yet, but I do have a fuzzy iPhone pic of the other sill. Trying to celebrate Porsche's great accomplishments. They're the reasons these amazing road cars exist.

I'm loving watching everybody's builds trickling through. It's been like a hobby for the last 12 months!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...51fd23b9b1.jpg

IrishAndy 07-15-2018 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by evilfij (Post 15143217)
I love it and I think the stripes do not clash with the brakes and compliment the US orange turn signals!

Thanks, Evilfij! It's so hard to know how these things are going to turn out until the car is there in front of you. One thing I found with drawing packages is that it's easy to get caught in the 'match everything' game. At one point I had the letters on the rear in orange! Actually, that and more.

I'm loving the orange turn signals on this build! It would be easy to try the clear ones (the tech can pop them on in a couple of minutes) but I'm digging the orange!

I can honestly say this turned out exactly the way I hoped it would. Not a snag-free process in my case, but my dealer and PCNA really came through for me.

bluehorseshoe 07-15-2018 10:34 PM

For Tourings with full leather interior, do the 'A' and 'C' pillars come in leather or alcantara?

IrishAndy 07-15-2018 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15143802)
For Tourings with full leather interior, do the 'A' and 'C' pillars come in leather or alcantara?

From memory, alcantara.

But then I'm the guy who forgot that he also got seatbacks in leather, so my memory is...

James Walker 07-15-2018 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15143802)

definitely Alcantara

mowaffaq 07-15-2018 10:59 PM

[quote=IrishAndy]From memory, alcantara.

:thumbup:

Mech33 07-16-2018 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by deezmfnutz (Post 15143518)
Looks great. It's really crappy that PAG is not painting the "wart" on PTS builds. You would think with the new hefty PTS cost that would be the least they could do. I know it is going to annoy me when my PTS arrives.

Agreed. But easy enough to buy another roof wart and get it painted and swapped. In fact the dealer has been willing to replace it under warranty as a “production defect”...

carrerafanboy 07-16-2018 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mech33 (Post 15144021)
Agreed. But easy enough to buy another roof wart and get it painted and swapped. In fact the dealer has been willing to replace it under warranty as a “production defect”...

Do you happen to know how much buying a new one and having it painted would cost (and where to source from)? Is it just attached with a screw underneath?

I was thinking about getting some headlight washers painted in my PTS color (Maritime Blue) aftermarket, since my dealer advised me to remove it from my build since he said PAG wasn't doing them on PTS builds anymore. Was gonna purchase from BumperPlugs, so maybe I can ask about a replacement/matching rear wart...

hellboy_mcqueen 07-16-2018 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by IrishAndy (Post 15143106)
My Gulf Blue Touring finally landed.

I wanted it to celebrate Porsche's amazing Le Mans record and the hard work of the people who made it happen over the decades.

Still not detailed, PPF'd or even properly washed, but I should hopefully get my hands on it soon. Then all it will need is miles.

It has been a very long process, but Porsche of North Olmsted have gone above and beyond, and then some.

A special thanks to Eduardo and Bullitt44 for helping me to kick around CXX ideas, always discussing and explaining options without steering the build. Also to another member of this board who has provided incredible counsel throughout the process.

Very nice color combo - well done

GT325 07-16-2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mech33

Good to know. Please let us know more details if you do swap your "wart".

GiuseppeM 07-16-2018 11:07 AM

GT325 07-16-2018 11:22 AM

It's apparently a US thing. ROW cars don't have to have the wart. Something to do with Sirius/XM.

Pilotmike737 07-16-2018 03:41 PM

On a Touring the wart is on the deck lid, not the roof

Mech33 07-16-2018 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by carrerafanboy (Post 15144140)

Do you happen to know how much buying a new one and having it painted would cost (and where to source from)? Is it just attached with a screw underneath?

I was thinking about getting some headlight washers painted in my PTS color (Maritime Blue) aftermarket, since my dealer advised me to remove it from my build since he said PAG wasn't doing them on PTS builds anymore. Was gonna purchase from BumperPlugs, so maybe I can ask about a replacement/matching rear wart...

The antenna is ~$100 from the dealer. On a regular GT3 you have to pull down the headliner to get to the screw that holds it in place. On the Touring, I suspect it is far easier to access behind the rear shelf carpet.

I already swapped mine on my own (bought an antenna, had it painted, and did the swap). I'd post a picture here but my car has a wing, and you can imagine what it would look like... :)

Brian Himmelman 07-16-2018 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by dbrsfo (Post 15143554)
But dual hood stripes in Orange would be incredible! Maybe the removable ones and take off when you tire of them?

?? Aren’t all decals removable??