3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.41%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.06%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.60%
Voters: 726. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 08:16 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

I still remember those late nights thinking about which leather options to included. In the end, I just did full leather, extended dashboard, steering column, and painted air slants (which come with leather vents). Everything else didn’t seem worth it to me.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:58 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3
I still remember those late nights thinking about which leather options to included. In the end, I just did full leather, extended dashboard, steering column, and painted air slants (which come with leather vents). Everything else didn’t seem worth it to me.
Can't wait to lock next week so I don't have to think about this anymore.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:03 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by dbrsfo
Can't wait to lock next week so I don't have to think about this anymore.
I remember feeling like that too

Now I just keep logging on here countless times per day as if that will force the car to arrive quicker...
Old 07-04-2018, 09:28 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Happy Independence Day!! 🇺🇸

Old 07-06-2018, 12:55 AM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've noticed no one specs gt silver with silver trim, silver wheels, pdls xenon. Anyone seen a photo of one? That's my current spec and I'm debating silver trim
Old 07-06-2018, 09:29 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 703 Likes on 513 Posts

Your spec sounds great!
Old 07-06-2018, 11:52 AM
GrunHolle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
I've noticed no one specs gt silver with silver trim, silver wheels, pdls xenon. Anyone seen a photo of one? That's my current spec and I'm debating silver trim
Stick with it! I think the silver trim would look great on GT Silver and be more unique than the majority of the GT Silver spec cars out there.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:50 PM
rrmcg
Track Day

Originally Posted by oslermarine
Recently picked my sleeper in a very similar config. I was concerned silver trim on GT Silver might not have enough contrast, but am very pleased with combo in person, especially with silver wheels. I chose the standard LEDs because they look a bit darker than the standard Xenon but aren't as black as PDLS.

Deviated stitching is GT Silver:
Old 07-06-2018, 12:55 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmcg
Deviated stitching is GT Silver:
Beautiful car! How different is GT silver stitching from the standard gray stitching?
Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 PM
rrmcg
Track Day

Originally Posted by The Pope
Beautiful car! How different is GT silver stitching from the standard gray stitching?
On the touring, black stitching is standard. I saw samples side by side at PEC Atlanta and the differences between pebble, chalk, platinum, and gt silver were fairly subtle to my eye. I would say the gt silver and platinum grey threads are very close.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:39 PM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rrmcg
On the touring, black stitching is standard. I saw samples side by side at PEC Atlanta and the differences between pebble, chalk, platinum, and gt silver were fairly subtle to my eye. I would say the gt silver and platinum grey threads are very close.
Thanks! I didn't realize black was standard in the Touring. So, the only option to get something other than black (or red) is to specify Extended Deviated Stitching for $3500.00.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pope
Thanks! I didn't realize black was standard in the Touring. So, the only option to get something other than black (or red) is to specify Extended Deviated Stitching for $3500.00.
The black is pretty slick, IMO. I paid $3500 on my wing’d GT3 for stealth black stitching... silly me!

I tried to spec the awesome black aluminum trim (also standard on the Touring) but that was a similar added cost so I passed in favor of leather trim.

Last edited by Mech33; 07-06-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:18 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Received confirmation today from head designer at PEC LA that the transmission tunnel sides leather option (code XZM for $1,020) does NOT make the sides of the console leather. It only makes the transmission tunnel flaps under the sides of the console leather. Unlike on the 718, on the 911 there is no option available to make the sides of the console leather, not even currently under CXX.
I need to correct the information I posted above, based on an email I received today directly from PEC LA. PEC LA is now saying that if the extended leather option is ordered (code 39), that the sides of the console itself will also be leather (but not the flaps below the console unless code XZM is also ordered). I don't understand the inconsistent information. I know from this thread that many USA buyers have ordered the extended leather. If any would be so kind as to chime-in, please advise if the sides of your console (down from the dash break mid-way down the nav screen) are leather or vinyl. Many thanks.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

[QUOTE=dbrsfo;15125797]I need to correct the information I posted above, based on an email I received today directly from PEC LA. PEC LA is now saying that if the extended leather option is ordered (code 39), that the sides of the console itself will also be leather (but not the flaps below the console unless code XZM is also ordered). I don't understand the inconsistent information. I know from this thread that many USA buyers have ordered the extended leather. If any would be so kind as to chime-in, please advise if the sides of your console (down from the dash break mid-way down the nav screen) are leather or vinyl. Many thanks.[/

I have A1black with silver trim and standard wheels and xenons. I liked this combo best. My interior is full leather, including seatbacks on the four ways. The center stack and sides of the console are also leather. I kept the black-faced gauges, along with the anthracite brushed aluminum trim, and black stitching. Added alcantara visors and belt outlets. Altogether love the black on black with the different textures and subtle contrasts. The remaining shiny bits in the interior go quite well with the exterior trim.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Betelgeuse
Instructor

[QUOTE=Betelgeuse;15125999]
I need to correct the information I posted above, based on an email I received today directly from PEC LA. PEC LA is now saying that if the extended leather option is ordered (code 39), that the sides of the console itself will also be leather (but not the flaps below the console unless code XZM is also ordered). I don't understand the inconsistent information. I know from this thread that many USA buyers have ordered the extended leather. If any would be so kind as to chime-in, please advise if the sides of your console (down from the dash break mid-way down the nav screen) are leather or vinyl. Many thanks.[/

I have A1black with silver trim and standard wheels and xenons. I liked this combo best. My interior is full leather, including seatbacks on the four ways. The center stack and sides of the console are also leather. I kept the black-faced gauges, along with the anthracite brushed aluminum trim, and black stitching. Added alcantara visors and belt outlets. Altogether love the black on black with the different textures and subtle contrasts. The remaining shiny bits in the interior go quite well with the exterior trim.

... to be clear, the sides of the center stack and the “lower transmission tunnel” are all leather.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..