Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread.. (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1038770-the-official-gt3-touring-owners-pictures-thread.html)

sting168 06-14-2018 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by LA911GTS (Post 15073145)
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...08f762d98f.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...838b38cb0b.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...39cf073d9a.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...1c49898516.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...83b8a4eea3.jpg
After 10 months of waiting, my car just arrived at the dealership. Still need to wait another week+ for it to be transported to the West Coast. I can't wait to see it in person, by have received the attached pics from the dealership. Not nearly as exciting as some of PTS or more unique colors / combo out there, but I always wanted a silver 911 --hard decision given everyone I spoke to was pushing me to Chalk.

What a beauty!

sting168 06-14-2018 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU (Post 14690270)
Here you go. It was beautiful. Light silver wheels were definitely the highlight for me.

Very beautiful!

dbrsfo 06-14-2018 02:33 AM

Standard or Satin Aluminum Wheels

Originally Posted by LA911GTS (Post 15073785)
Thanks - the feedback means a lot coming from the experts on this forum!

Full specs are as follows:
Wheels: Satin Aluminum
Performance: sport chrono, big tank, front lift, PCCBs
Exterior: carbon fiber mirrors, black package, PDLS (like classic look)
Interior: buckets, extended leather in GT silver stitching (matches 911R OEM shif knob and boot I had installed), steering wheel casing w/ GT Silver stitching, carbon fiber throughout including GT3 logo on doors illuminated (cool touch), auto-dim mirrors, seat belts in silver, Bose, fire extinguisher, smoking package, floor mats
CXX: Pepita seat inserts, side stripe in Matt black
Other considerations: endless, but the shortlist of should haves are dashboard trim package (but thought it could be too much deviated stitching) and the the cool custom "Warning, Kills Bugs Fast" door step I saw on this forum (amazing!)
After market: OEM clear side markers

I see you went with the Satin Aluminum wheels rather than standard silver. Any insights into your decision process would be appreciated. I have a GT Silver Touring on order and lock soon. The configurator is not very helpful in distinguishing between the standard wheels and the Satin Aluminum. It shows the Satin Aluminum as brighter, but I have read in this thread and elsewhere that the standard wheels are actually brighter, and that the configurator is "backwards". Thoughts from others on which of the two silver wheels looks best with GT Silver would be much appreciated, particularly from those who have seen both wheels in person.

evilfij 06-14-2018 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by dbrsfo (Post 15078048)
I see you went with the Satin Aluminum wheels rather than standard silver. Any insights into your decision process would be appreciated. I have a GT Silver Touring on order and lock soon. The configurator is not very helpful in distinguishing between the standard wheels and the Satin Aluminum. It shows the Satin Aluminum as brighter, but I have read in this thread and elsewhere that the standard wheels are actually brighter, and that the configurator is "backwards". Thoughts from others on which of the two silver wheels looks best with GT Silver would be much appreciated, particularly from those who have seen both wheels in person.

I am sure you will get better feedback from others, but I can’t tell the difference in person (admittedly not side by side) other than the satin aluminium appears, well, satin. They seem close in color and I am not sure which is brighter. In pictures I often can’t tell at all. So do you want satin wheels that are close-ish to the color of your car or gloss ones?

PS opted to be cheap and spec base silver wheels because I think gloss silver looks better and may be easier to clean (but I doubt it).

dbrsfo 06-14-2018 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15030826)
Congrats Carrman on this stunning Maritime build.

And congrats to everyone taking delivery. Awesome Tourings all around.

Carrman: Are your wheels the Satin Aluminum or standard?

dbrsfo 06-14-2018 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by evilfij (Post 15078056)

I am sure you will get better feedback from others, but I can’t tell the difference in person (admittedly not side by side) other than the satin aluminium appears, well, satin. They seem close in color and I am not sure which is brighter. In pictures I often can’t tell at all. So do you want satin wheels that are close-ish to the color of your car or gloss ones?

PS opted to be cheap and spec base silver wheels because I think gloss silver looks better and may be easier to clean (but I doubt it).

Thx for your thoughts. Did you order GT Silver exterior as well?

Carrman 06-14-2018 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by dbrsfo (Post 15078065)
Carrman: Are your wheels the Satin Aluminum or standard?

Standard wheels, spotting the difference is really hard.

LA911GTS 06-14-2018 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by dbrsfo (Post 15078048)

It sounds like I'm probably in the minority, but I really liked the look of the Satin Aluminum rims. I think they were offered for the first time on the R and if you look at images of GT Silver Rs with these rims, they seem to stand out a little more than the gloss rims. Given the Touring is such a sleeper, I thought the combo of the rims and carbon fiber mirrors would make the car more unique. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you like. I obsessed for almost a year over every option and couldn't be more proud of how the car came out. I'm sure everyone on this forum feels the same about their cars, which is what makes it great!

As an aside, I LOVE the platinum satin rims as well, but thought the color combo was too close with the GT silver. I was wrong - these look great too.https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...f6fd7bf86b.jpg

dbrsfo 06-14-2018 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by LA911GTS (Post 15078985)
It sounds like I'm probably in the minority, but I really liked the look of the Satin Aluminum rims. I think they were offered for the first time on the R and if you look at images of GT Silver Rs with these rims, they seem to stand out a little more than the gloss rims. Given the Touring is such a sleeper, I thought the combo of the rims and carbon fiber mirrors would make the car more unique. At the end of the day, it comes down to what you like. I obsessed for almost a year over every option and couldn't be more proud of how the car came out. I'm sure everyone on this forum feels the same about their cars, which is what makes it great!

LA911GTS: Your GT Silver looks amazing and what a great unique (and expensive) interior. Did you look into the option for "Center Console Tunnel Sides in Leather (XZM)? I'm trying to determine what exactly that is. Is it the sides of the console itself, in which case I am inclined to get it. Or is it just the tunnel "flaps" below the console? Or both? Once again, any help would be appreciated!

dbrsfo 06-14-2018 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Carrman (Post 15078346)
Standard wheels, spotting the difference is really hard.

Carman: Your's is the best I have seen anywhere. Wish I had the patience and budget for the PTS!

evilfij 06-14-2018 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by dbrsfo (Post 15078140)
Thx for your thoughts. Did you order GT Silver exterior as well?

No. Great color, but it was not my choice.

dbrsfo 06-14-2018 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by evilfij (Post 15079375)

No. Great color, but it was not my choice.

Yup, I agree. I have a 2012 997.2 GTS in GT Silver as one of my daily's that I purchased new, and I never get tired of looking at it. Of course it has the high gloss black wheels with the silver trim surround and they work great with the GT Silver. Wish the GT3 offered the same high gloss black wheel. Works better with the GT Silver, in my opinion, than the flat black.

Benedict14 06-14-2018 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe (Post 15077561)
Can anyone confirm that the 'high gloss silver' trim found on the Touring is the exact same light trim found on all other Porsche models. I was hoping it was matte and not glossy but this is not the case.

To change between trims you need to buy rear windows. The trim is actually integrated into the small rear windows. Roughly $1800 total to swap trims. I was going to take a shot on it but having second thoughts.

Tourings are impossible to come across. Visited four dealers over the past week to hopefully get a look at the trim, and not a single one to be found.

Hi BH,

Congrats on your Slate GT3. I’m dark grey/green with jealousy :)

Personal opinion - the high gloss aluminum trim (anodized) looks amazing on a touring. It’s such a classic Porsche look. It really brings out the elliptical or teardrop form on a 911. I can’t remember which color you chose for your PTS (?) touring, but I wouldn’t change a thing. Especially if it’s a not a very light color. I understand that taste is by definition personal - but it’s going to look fantastic. You’re correct about the cost to change the trim after the fact.

Here’s a decent shot of the trim under light.

Cheers.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...f458f3c5c.jpeg

Carrman 06-15-2018 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by dbrsfo (Post 15079190)
Carman: Your's is the best I have seen anywhere. Wish I had the patience and budget for the PTS!

Thanks! Well the extra time it took to wait for it, got us to save some more money :-) and we were very lucky to still have at the cheaper rate of €8k and not €12k like it is now in Belgium...

Oldmxnut 06-15-2018 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by dbrsfo (Post 15079153)
LA911GTS: Your GT Silver looks amazing and what a great unique (and expensive) interior. Did you look into the option for "Center Console Tunnel Sides in Leather (XZM)? I'm trying to determine what exactly that is. Is it the sides of the console itself, in which case I am inclined to get it. Or is it just the tunnel "flaps" below the console? Or both? Once again, any help would be appreciated!

Its the console sides and flaps. But doesn't not extend into rear etc.. Just the front section near knee / seat. Its not that noticeable to be honest, but if your going full leather, you may as well.