Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My .2 GT3. Running commentary, ownership update, small mods.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts
Default My .2 GT3. Running commentary, ownership update, small mods.

Hi guys!
So at this point I'm about 1 K miles in and wanted to post some thoughts and new pics.

I'm starting to take the RPMS to where they like to live and I am more and more impressed with this car every day! I haven't taken it to the track yet but have had some spirited driving and twisties etc. Pushed her a little but kept it legal, of course

So steering is the nicest on any car. For me this is the perfect amount of response, feel and firmness. I know people like cars that are more raw but I want a good balance and I think this is it! It responds exactly how you think it will and that's a relief. the rear wheel steering takes some getting used to at slower speeds.
Suspension is a touch harsh in sport mode over uneven surfaces. Of course, this is to be expected and I was not surprised at all. However it eats bumps at higher speed and you don't get that body jump you get in other cars. It's confidence inspiring and stable.
Engine is the masterpiece, the main course, the pinnacle, etc. It is everything I wanted and more. I swapped seats with a .1 this past week and I have to say both are incredible cars. It just seems this one took the tiny nuances that could have used improvement (sound, mid range, response) and made them perfect.
Sound: man oh man that sound. Sex. pure sex. I just want more of it! I still havent decided if I am gonna do a bypass because I don't want exhaust sounds overwhelming my engine screaming and the metallic clanking. Owner of .1 and I both agreed the .2 is louder in a good way.

So I have been driving the car every single day minus one weekend in vegas. I will have no issue dailying this car at all. Yes, sometimes my eyes shake over cobblestone streets (NYC still has some). And sometimes I have to stop and put up the lift but its par for the course.
I plan on making multiple trips to the trakc next year so next I'm gonna start ordering pads, tires etc.

On to what I've done so far. Detailing, clear bra and red pin striping on the rear. I felt the back of this car needed some detail away from all the black and I think this worked exactly how I wanted.
Now I'm debating some matte black ghost stripes/decals.

Anyways here are some pics!

Old 12-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Old 12-06-2017, 01:44 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Our cars almost twins. Looks mean in black.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:51 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

Looks great.

Word of advice though: it's a high of 43 and a low of 36 today in our home town (despite it being sunny). Not exactly summer tire weather. I'd suggest being real careful so you don't wad-up the new toy.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I'm surprised to say this because it's usually not my taste, but that pinstriping on the back looks great. BTW, what tires are on your car? Are those all seasons?
Old 12-06-2017, 02:05 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Originally Posted by brownan
Looks great.

Word of advice though: it's a high of 43 and a low of 36 today in our home town (despite it being sunny). Not exactly summer tire weather. I'd suggest being real careful so you don't wad-up the new toy.
fear not! She is on sottozeroes. Will be driven in colder than this
And thank you!

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I'm surprised to say this because it's usually not my taste, but that pinstriping on the back looks great. BTW, what tires are on your car? Are those all seasons?
Sottozeroes!
And thanks. I had an idea in my mind and was afraid it wouldnt turn out well but I like it! This will be the extent of the red I think, so its very subtle. When is yours due in? Touring right?

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Our cars almost twins. Looks mean in black.
Yep I love your car! you did the ghost stripes yet? I think i'm going similar in matte/gloss hybrid.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:05 PM
03BeastCharmer
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear your driving it so much. Should the wing pin stripe follow the curve of the trailing edge? Looks like its straight and doesn't follow the natural kink. Great looking car.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Black looks very sinister and the extra wing Red pinstripes look great.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Icutyou
Sottozeroes!
And thanks. I had an idea in my mind and was afraid it wouldnt turn out well but I like it! This will be the extent of the red I think, so its very subtle. When is yours due in? Touring right?
Lonnnng time. So long, it's hard to get too excited about it yet.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer
Glad to hear your driving it so much. Should the wing pin stripe follow the curve of the trailing edge? Looks like its straight and doesn't follow the natural kink. Great looking car.
you sir, have a keen eye for detail. it does indeed follow the curve but has proven very difficult to photograph properly with the shine and my iphone haha.

Originally Posted by Drifting
Black looks very sinister and the extra wing Red pinstripes look great.
Thanks! You're gonna love yours. Although I am sure you know that, with that list of cars.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:16 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Awesome write up and pics, the red lining on the back is a really nice subtle touch that goes well with the brake light and tail lights. Glad to hear you are dailying your car as I plan to do the same when mine arrives
Old 12-06-2017, 02:35 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks great! The car does need an exhaust bypass - gmg, grp, sharkwerks, Bbi. I have heard the 991.2 with and without. Definitely too quiet without. No drone with the rear bypasses.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:20 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I like that pinstripe! How about some clear corners up front?
Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Looks great! The car does need an exhaust bypass - gmg, grp, sharkwerks, Bbi. I have heard the 991.2 with and without. Definitely too quiet without. No drone with the rear bypasses.
i fear you’re correct and I’ll end up getting one. Leaving towards Rahal right now since I like the finish, sound seems good and the guy seems genuinely nice on here.

Originally Posted by ajag
I like that pinstripe! How about some clear corners up front?
Ah yes! I damn near forgot that.
Time to hit suncoast.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:57 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

I agree with all your observations. It's a heck of a car. Go with a center bypass... You won't regret it.

Car looks great!

Quick Reply: My .2 GT3. Running commentary, ownership update, small mods.