Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My .2 GT3. Running commentary, ownership update, small mods.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 02:59 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I really think if you did the hood, alone, it would look pretty cool.
I actually thought about that! My friend has a GTS done exactly that way and I don’t wanna copy him too much haha.
Originally Posted by James-GMG
Hi Jimmy D, I don't want to hijack Icutyou's thread here but if you are looking for a deeper growl from an aftermarket exhaust, we developed ours to give you that more aggressive sound at the lower RPM's, which then increases to a higher pitched sound at higher RPM's. I believe the others have a higher pitched sound throughout the rev range.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSrLbaQ5EMU
I don’t mind at all! Great vid James. We will be in touch soon!
Old 12-21-2017, 10:13 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Hi James-GMG, I have an older gmg bypass sitting around which I'm probably going to mount. But I think I read somewhere you have developed a new version? Can you tell us a little about the differences?
Old 12-22-2017, 11:25 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Hi James-GMG, I have an older gmg bypass sitting around which I'm probably going to mount. But I think I read somewhere you have developed a new version? Can you tell us a little about the differences?
There is about 1/4 of an inch in the extension of the rear tip on the new 991.2 vs the 991.1.....but both will work.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 12-27-2017, 01:44 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Icutyou
i fear you’re correct and I’ll end up getting one. Leaving towards Rahal right now since I like the finish, sound seems good and the guy seems genuinely nice on here.

Ah yes! I damn near forgot that.
Time to hit suncoast.
Hi guys. Thanks for this post, always fun reading what people are doing, and planning to do with their toys!

As for us. Here’s what i can guarantee, first of all i am a car guy just like everyone else. That’s why i started this biz. Secondly, this isn’t my money maker, i started this due to my passion for the cars, and the quality of service that i had been provided so many times as a buyer. It frustrated me how poor it was, it angered me getting ripped off, and i wanted to change that. At least for my small section of the world that cared and wanted change too! I’ve dealt with all the dealers, some chiming in on this post, and i know the goods and bads. I’ve had parts stolen from some, I’ve had great experiences with some, I’ve had it all. So have you!

With GRP you’ll get nothing but the best service, honesty, and a hell of a good product. Whether it’s a cobranded item, something we make in house with our Indycar fabricators and carbon techs, and a part we may sell, it will be the best. If it’s not, i won’t sell it.

Our exhaust sounds amazing, it’s very high quality, sounds great at low RPMs and High. I know for a fact everyone here will love it, and you’ll love the service we provide even more! Enjoy guys, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

View this post on Instagram
Old 12-28-2017, 03:08 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Oh lookie there, I'm not the only one who registers their cars in Montana.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:10 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

IMMORAL TAX DODGERS
Old 12-28-2017, 03:39 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
IMMORAL TAX DODGERS
Uh oh, I hope my post doesn't bring out the Rennlist Social Justice Sales Tax Warriors.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GRPerformance

Hi guys. Thanks for this post, always fun reading what people are doing, and planning to do with their toys!

As for us. Here’s what i can guarantee, first of all i am a car guy just like everyone else. That’s why i started this biz. Secondly, this isn’t my money maker, i started this due to my passion for the cars, and the quality of service that i had been provided so many times as a buyer. It frustrated me how poor it was, it angered me getting ripped off, and i wanted to change that. At least for my small section of the world that cared and wanted change too! I’ve dealt with all the dealers, some chiming in on this post, and i know the goods and bads. I’ve had parts stolen from some, I’ve had great experiences with some, I’ve had it all. So have you!

With GRP you’ll get nothing but the best service, honesty, and a hell of a good product. Whether it’s a cobranded item, something we make in house with our Indycar fabricators and carbon techs, and a part we may sell, it will be the best. If it’s not, i won’t sell it.

Our exhaust sounds amazing, it’s very high quality, sounds great at low RPMs and High. I know for a fact everyone here will love it, and you’ll love the service we provide even more! Enjoy guys, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

https://instagram.com/p/BbrlZZdDGC_/
Thanks for the post Graham! Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you as well. Looks like you're putting out some great stuff

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Oh lookie there, I'm not the only one who registers their cars in Montana.
lol for a minute there I thought you were talking about me! But no, youre definitely not alone. One of my senior partners has 3 Montana cars. Actually every car except the daily drivers!
Old 12-28-2017, 05:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Icutyou
lol for a minute there I thought you were talking about me! But no, youre definitely not alone. One of my senior partners has 3 Montana cars. Actually every car except the daily drivers!
Nah, didn't mean you. haha I employ the same philosophy as your senior partners.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:16 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 961 Likes on 428 Posts

Highly recommend Rahal Exhaust. I’ve only used Sharkwerks on all my cars in the past, but was open for a change. Couldn’t be happier, my GT3.2 sounds absolutely stunning now. The low end growl is just amazing. I’ve fired it up for some friends/family who aren’t even die hard car guys, they were floored by the sweet sounds! Get one, you won’t be disappointed. I sadly don’t have any video, I’m not a techie.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I have one on order. I figured give it a shot. I will be putting my RSS X-pipe up for sale( will be a steal for any one interested and it is a very good bypass). The problem is we have snow/salt on the ground so car is done for the Winter and will have to wait a couple months to swap it out. Any one have a Spring car delivery drop me a PM if interested. I have decided to go a different route and may combine GRP bypass with GMG LT headers.- I think this combo may be what i am looking for. Will not delete side mufflers.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:30 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Reach out to James at GMG for his bypass, he will work with you. The GRP is a rebranded BBI system and a rip off of GMG. I have purchased numerous exhausts from James and always a great experience, and I always deal with him the owner of GMG.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Reach out to James at GMG for his bypass, he will work with you. The GRP is a rebranded BBI system and a rip off of GMG. I have purchased numerous exhausts from James and always a great experience, and I always deal with him the owner of GMG.
GMG makes great Product and they have always been very responsive. Hence, my interest in their Headers. But no need to be accusing other people of stealing designs. I may prefer a product from one Supplier over another but no reason to throw a Vendor down.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:53 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

GMG makes great Product and they have always been very responsive. Hence, my interest in their Headers. But no need to be accusing other people of stealing designs. I may prefer a product from one Supplier over another but no reason to throw a Vendor down.
Let's bring this post back to the original thread...........ICUTYOU enjoying his beautiful new GT3.

Cheers!
Old 12-28-2017, 07:59 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Fair enough, but my I ask: why do you prefer the GRP over the GMG bypass ? I think this is a fair question.

Quick Reply: My .2 GT3. Running commentary, ownership update, small mods.