Gorgeous cars
Old 02-16-2018, 01:25 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Slate Grey

'Old School Cool'

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 02-16-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Slate Grey

Although I'd pass on the stickers, this is otherwise the most stunning GT3 I've seen. Absolutely gorgeous! Must get drool mop.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:03 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Platinum satin wheels do not get enough love, especially with PTS. I think they are the perfect balance between too dark and too light on these awesome PTS cars.
They also look terrible when dirty, which will be quite frequently unless you a) have ceramics or b) never drive your car.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:40 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Slate Grey

Chris - great looking car! If it were a Touring it would have reminded me of the French 911R that sold with the McQueen theme, on of my all-time faves. A couple of questions:

1. What is the formal name of the color of the silver vinyl per Porsche's nomenclature (as I know they have 1,001 of them!) - it is a really good match for the stock wheels, and looking for what would be the equivalent vinyl match for the platinum wheels.

2. Assuming the side decals were CXX (vs an aftermarket option), I cannot help but notice (unless it is the photo but seems the same on both sides) that the middle (thickest) stripe is perfectly centered leading up to the "PORSCHE" yellow script (i.e. on the front fender and beginning of door), but then that does not follow after the Porsche script on the end section of the door and rear panel (it is much closer to the lower line than the upper line, thus not centered). I know, I am **** but small details like that stick out to me.... Is that normal? Never really noticed that on several of the Rs I've seen in person.
Old 02-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Provie
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
Chris - great looking car! If it were a Touring it would have reminded me of the French 911R that sold with the McQueen theme, on of my all-time faves. A couple of questions:

1. What is the formal name of the color of the silver vinyl per Porsche's nomenclature (as I know they have 1,001 of them!) - it is a really good match for the stock wheels, and looking for what would be the equivalent vinyl match for the platinum wheels.

2. Assuming the side decals were CXX (vs an aftermarket option), I cannot help but notice (unless it is the photo but seems the same on both sides) that the middle (thickest) stripe is perfectly centered leading up to the "PORSCHE" yellow script (i.e. on the front fender and beginning of door), but then that does not follow after the Porsche script on the end section of the door and rear panel (it is much closer to the lower line than the upper line, thus not centered). I know, I am **** but small details like that stick out to me.... Is that normal? Never really noticed that on several of the Rs I've seen in person.
...love RL!
I noticed the inconsistency in the stripe too but didn’t want to ask... good to know someone else is as **** as me!
hopefully it’s camera angle?
Since we’re on the topic of side decals, I’ve been agonizing to find the exact height/ placement (search yielded nothing) I’d hate to ‘eyeball it’ and mess it up. (Figure it will be a cool diy project)

Old 02-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Provie

...love RL!
I noticed the inconsistency in the stripe too but didn’t want to ask... good to know someone else is as **** as me!
Since we’re on the topic of side decals, I’ve been agonizing to find the exact height/ placement (search yielded nothing) I’d hate to ‘eyeball it’ and mess it up. (Figure it will be a cool diy project)

You and I are either 'normal', or we need to go see the same doctor! LOL

As far as proper placement, I would guess your best bet is to ask either a fellow 911 R owner, or someone that ordered the stripes as CXX. For better or for worse, I did order them from the factory despite the cost. Happy to take all kinds of measurements for you when the car arrives, but it will likely be August the earliest, as CXX/PTS pushed my build out twice now.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Those side stripe do not look like CXX to me, but aftermarket. Notice the cut lines on them. Any CXX stripes I've seen (or 911 R) don't wrap the edges around the door/fender, or the wheel wells. Granted, I do think they look great! Good choice of color. If they are CXX perhaps the installation tech had a few adult beverages and misread the guidelines?
Old 02-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Provie

...love RL!

I can get you printed side stripes identical to 911 R or CXX dimensions. We have a computer cut vector file that was designed from an actual 911 R, so it is spot on every time. It's been modified to leave a bit of extra if you choose to wrap the edges like seen in the car above, or short trim it to match the OEM guidelines. Just soot us a PM and we can get something together for you. We can provide renders of different stripe options as well if needed.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:06 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Although I'd pass on the stickers, this is otherwise the most stunning GT3 I've seen. Absolutely gorgeous! Must get drool mop.
I agree! Which makes me so sad as I was going to do the same spec in touring but then the stop order happened
Old 02-16-2018, 05:26 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

What s wrong with the stickers?

They look better than original
Old 02-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
What s wrong with the stickers?

They look better than original
See pt.2 in post #230
Old 02-16-2018, 06:52 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Another gt3 eye candy thread. Almost missed it...
Old 02-16-2018, 10:20 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Platinum satin wheels do not get enough love, especially with PTS. I think they are the perfect balance between too dark and too light on these awesome PTS cars.
thanks
Old 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Mexico Blue....

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: PTS GT3 Picture Thread