Sponsored by:

.2 Passenger Cushion Passthrough

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 07:24 AM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
.1 cushion is different... don't think it had a hole like this on the driver side...

and why would DOT allow driver side passthrough and not Passenger? Wouldn't it be all or nothing? Does clubsport option (where allowed) provide passenger passthrough?
Does clubsport option (where allowed) provide passenger passthrough? Yes it does!
Old 12-15-2017, 07:53 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
How did you make out ?
not yet. Next weekend i plan to tackle this as well as do the girodisc swap. Will post update.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:52 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Does clubsport option (where allowed) provide passenger passthrough?
Yes it does on my car.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:00 PM
Mr. Turtles
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
really not that big of a deal
pm if you have questions happy to have a phone conversation , I added the pass thru seat cushion and cf seat , plus installed sub bar mounts ( Cantrell) seat angle adjusters from auto quest and gmg rsr harness bar in 6 plus so hours w many breaks this past weekend. IMHO your over thinking this

i have pics that I tried to upload but for some reason it’s not working
As mentioned here, it's no big deal to make the hole in seat stitching on the .2. The carbon fiber part was definitely more work. For the belt hole just remove seat cushion and use a thread cutter to split the alcantra from underneath the seat. Then plull back the seams from the top of seat and using the threadcutter carefully start removing the threads until you have enough room to push the belts through. You should now be able to get your fingers to go through the split Alcantra underneath through to the top of seat. The on top seam that you cut should be about the same length as the seam underneath. It only took a few minutes very simple. Unless you plan to pull on the seam all the time they won't keep spreading. Or as some of have said you can some more stitches but they don't come apart that easy. The hole in the carbon fiber to put the sub bar mount was a lot more work. Installed a BBi roll bar and sub bars. Used a template to highlight area to cut out the carbon fiber.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:10 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Turtles
As mentioned here, it's no big deal to make the hole in seat stitching on the .2. The carbon fiber part was definitely more work. For the belt hole just remove seat cushion and use a thread cutter to split the alcantra from underneath the seat. Then plull back the seams from the top of seat and using the threadcutter carefully start removing the threads until you have enough room to push the belts through. You should now be able to get your fingers to go through the split Alcantra underneath through to the top of seat. The on top seam that you cut should be about the same length as the seam underneath. It only took a few minutes very simple. Unless you plan to pull on the seam all the time they won't keep spreading. Or as some of have said you can some more stitches but they don't come apart that easy. The hole in the carbon fiber to put the sub bar mount was a lot more work. Installed a BBi roll bar and sub bars. Used a template to highlight area to cut out the carbon fiber.
Thank you... I'll give that a shot next weekend. Sounds pretty simple.

Quick Reply: .2 Passenger Cushion Passthrough