Sponsored by:

Ordering and build date

Old 12-02-2017, 02:00 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ordering and build date

Hi guys,

What’s the time between ordering and actually having a build date? I got an allocation but no clue on build date. Is there a way to check? Dealer said no build date yet.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:11 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,135 Likes on 977 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
Hi guys,

What €™s the time between ordering and actually having a build date? I got an allocation but no clue on build date. Is there a way to check? Dealer said no build date yet.
Do you have a commission number yet?
Old 12-02-2017, 02:12 PM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope not yet, was just told I got an allocation for next year and I placed the build and that was it.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 162 Posts

The dealer should be able to provide you an estimated month when the car will be build — the date comes from Germany. FWIW, my previous p-car builds have all come a month early (German efficiency?) My GT3.2 is estimated to be built in March, but given the rate at which they are pumping the cars out, I don’t believe it. I figure it’ll be built in Jan or Feb.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:21 PM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 162 Posts

The dealer should be able to provide you an estimated month when the car will be build — the date comes from Germany. FWIW, my previous p-car builds have all come a month early (German efficiency?) My GT3.2 is estimated to be built in March, but given the rate at which they are pumping the cars out, I don’t believe it. I figure it’ll be built in Jan or Feb.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:00 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,135 Likes on 977 Posts

Originally Posted by ryantt
The dealer should be able to provide you an estimated month when the car will be build €” the date comes from Germany. FWIW, my previous p-car builds have all come a month early (German efficiency?) My GT3.2 is estimated to be built in March, but given the rate at which they are pumping the cars out, I don €™t believe it. I figure it €™ll be built in Jan or Feb.
I believe that the dealer needs a commission number before the actual build date can be viewed in the Porsche Sales and Vehicle Management System that he/she has access too which is why I asked the question in the previous post. That means an order needs to be submitted. It sounds like the OP has not submitted his order yet and only has an allocation. The dealer might be able to give a month only at this point based on the allocation.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:28 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My exact build timeline wasn’t available until V215.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering and build date