Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Suicide Jockey
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Nope. We are just using napkin math to guess based on expected USA vs RoW volume projections.

Basically- if they make 1948 of them, usa gets around 600-650. If 220 918 VIP's gets cars, then about 400 left for dealers based on 911 sales %

Anyone want a 911 C4GTS, C2S cab or Carrera T?
the C2S cab and a sport turismo turbo is the combo I pitched to someone recently.
They say the truth will set you free. It will also leave you crying in your beer
Old 11-05-2018, 01:07 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

the C2S cab and a sport turismo turbo is the combo I pitched to someone recently.
I'm surprised to see you going this route. Why the change of policy? Not trying to be argumentative... just genuinely curious.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:22 PM
GT3 Jockey
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
I'm surprised to see you going this route. Why the change of policy? Not trying to be argumentative... just genuinely curious.
Dude if you have an allocation without ADM let's see it. Otherwise stop throwing digs at CJ. It's getting old
Old 11-05-2018, 02:29 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
That's a $70k ADM right there. (but it's not like those two are dogs, I'd love a Pany ST)
thats not bad.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:49 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Originally Posted by GT3 Jockey
Dude if you have an allocation without ADM let's see it. Otherwise stop throwing digs at CJ. It's getting old
I certainly didn’t mean to offend you, or cause you to bang your head against a wall. I thought it was both a polite and relevant question. In the past, members of Rennlist have voiced their frustration with dealers telling them they must buy certain XX car and YY car off the lot, and then then they’ll be given the allocation they actually want. Previously, C.J. seemed to be against that, as well. I’m curious why he changed his policy. It’s a fair question.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:52 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Originally Posted by evilfij

thats not bad.
$70k ADM is “not bad?”

You have always been very outspoken about ADM’s and “dealer games.” I’m curious what made you change your mind, as well..???
Old 11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

I certainly didn’t mean to offend you, or cause you to bang your head against a wall. I thought it was both a polite and relevant question. In the past, members of Rennlist have voiced their frustration with dealers telling them they must buy certain XX car and YY car off the lot, and then then they’ll be given the allocation they actually want. Previously, C.J. seemed to be against that, as well. I’m curious why he changed his policy. It’s a fair question.

no I have only been against dealers refusing to sell cars without ADM, or refusing to be transparent. I need to sell cars, it's really simple. The more 911's I sell, the more likely I am to get more cool 911's...you know the drill CW.

Recently I posted about a GT3 Touring for sale that we had a customer back out on because he said he would not do euro delivery unless I paid round trip first class for him and his wife...car was MSRP sale to local guy. I went down the list to 10-12 locals and nobody wanted the build as it was, so I posted on RL. Guy took euro delivery, just picked it up today in Leipzig. He's happy, we RDR the car, all is well.

My policy is that people who want the cool cars need to refer business (any brands that I sell) and I give them a points system. IF someone is willing to buy a few cars off my lot today, why not reward them with a cool car in the future? Backup to my local buyers is the RL community.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:01 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bruce R
That's a $70k ADM right there. (but it's not like those two are dogs, I'd love a Pany ST)
some poeple really love the ST- I love it personally. My allocation system is based off purchase history and referrals. Guys have worked this to their favor and ended up getting good cars.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:32 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

$70k ADM is “not bad?”

You have always been very outspoken about ADM’s and “dealer games.” I’m curious what made you change your mind, as well..???
You must have me confused with someone else. I am fine with ADM. I mean I rather not pay it, but I am fine with market pricing. As long as I can trade in the must buy cars immediately, that’s an ok albeit silly way to do it as money is fungible to me.

I hate lies.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:35 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

no I have only been against dealers refusing to sell cars without ADM, or refusing to be transparent. I need to sell cars, it's really simple. The more 911's I sell, the more likely I am to get more cool 911's...you know the drill CW..
Honestly, I’m pretty surprised to hear that from you. That’s gutsy. I know some dealers do it (especially Ferrari), but clients generally hate it much more than just simply paying market price for the GT car and being done with it. Otherwise, they have two additional cars they don’t want stuffed in their garage.

How does it work? If someone buys the 911 S cab and the Panamera ST, do they leapfrog above everyone else on the Speedster list? I genuinely have no idea how you manage this.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:36 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Pretty sure CJ said he had a points system.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:38 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

You must have me confused with someone else. I am fine with ADM. I mean I rather not pay it, but I am fine with market pricing. As long as I can trade in the must buy cars immediately, that’s an ok albeit silly way to do it as money is fungible to me.

I hate lies.
My mistake. I could have sworn you were very vocal about ADM’s and stealerships. Never mind, then.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:42 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Pretty sure CJ said he had a points system.
That’s my point. Is it possible that person A could buy these two cars they don’t want, stuff their garage and still not get a Speedster because person B has more points?

What does person A do with both cars? These are important specifics...
Old 11-05-2018, 03:52 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That’s my point. Is it possible that person A could buy these two cars they don’t want, stuff their garage and still not get a Speedster because person B has more points?

What does person A do with both cars? These are important specifics...
The points system has a weighted measure, with a half life component as well..it's not the ferrari system but its a system and its transparent to customers looking for that type of thing. When I got an allocation for a GT2RS from winning a contest or however it worked, I didnt auction it off, I sold at MSRP to a local guy that has bought a bunch of cars, tracks his cars, and is a young enough guy who wants to go racing eventually...his purchase history and potential future purchases plus referrals and family purchases were all considered.

it's a small town here- the guys who ended up getting GT3/RS/2RS have all been repeat customers- and some of the wealthiest local guys have not been interested in 911's because they are not exotic enough (guy's I'm referencing have FGT or ferrari or Lambo SVJ's coming)

my store is still relatively small compared to the top 50 in the country (surely you have seen us still outside the top 100) but this product cycle has its benefits.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:30 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

The points system has a weighted measure, with a half life component as well..it's not the ferrari system but its a system and its transparent to customers looking for that type of thing. When I got an allocation for a GT2RS from winning a contest or however it worked, I didnt auction it off, I sold at MSRP to a local guy that has bought a bunch of cars, tracks his cars, and is a young enough guy who wants to go racing eventually...his purchase history and potential future purchases plus referrals and family purchases were all considered.

it's a small town here- the guys who ended up getting GT3/RS/2RS have all been repeat customers- and some of the wealthiest local guys have not been interested in 911's because they are not exotic enough (guy's I'm referencing have FGT or ferrari or Lambo SVJ's coming)

my store is still relatively small compared to the top 50 in the country (surely you have seen us still outside the top 100) but this product cycle has its benefits.
Obviously you know what’s best for your store. Being honest, your post caught me by surprise.

Great job in 2018, and I wish you much success in 2019.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
CW

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies