Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 12:58 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ LMAO..... shocking coming form whoopsy, can't stop laughing, now i need new laptop as i got latte all over it now.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:03 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

@CAlexio: you are the man, living the life!!!
@Nizer: that spyder is like a single speed Indy Fab. simple beautiful but need a rider who understand what is what.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:20 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
I really really want the write up on that hybrid you drove the other day!!!!

Me too. Seems like everyone who’s anyone got to drive it but CJ is the only one not posting about it. Saving the best for last I guess.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:04 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Not bad but you are lacking in breading comprehension.

Over 2 years ago I believe I said something special, a Speedster, will come. They did the prototype by taking a C4S cab body and built a mock up, with a chopped windshield and no roof, the 911R engine and 6 speed.

Fast forward a couple years. The 911R is no more, in it's place is the GT3 Touring. What's the main difference? Engine is of the new type. Not the old one with the single mass. So what's the Speedster now? Basically a GT3 Touring convertible. Well there is the small difference of between the GT3's 500hp engine vs the GT3RS's 525hp engine. O't think anyone would complain about having either engines.

Deleting the radio and A/C doesn't make it super light weight btw. And those can also be added back later as a cost option.

LWBs, big deal, all GT cars uses hem now so it's not even consider a 'lightweight' option, more like a standard option.

Where else can they skim on weight? Face it, a 991, be it .1 or .2, isn't that light weight like the older cars.
The honorable Oracle of Vancouver,

It is just my opinion, but to describe the Speedster as just a GT3 convertible that "lost it's purpose" is totally incorrect, and completely misses the character of the car. There is no question that Chris got it right. The Rennlist community is smart enough to make their own decision on that.

At the same time you were giving everyone "insights" into the "GT3 Convertible with no chopped windshield and 500hp" you were also giving everyone insights into the new 718 GT4. Question for you, when will the first GT4's be delivered to US/Canada dealers? To be fair, I'm going let you select from a HUGE range: (1) before 2018 is over, or (2) first six months of 2019, or lastly (3) last six months of 2019? A, B, or C? I'm asking because you mentioned you already turned down the offer for one.

Hey! Remember - this is all in good fun. If you are going to present protected "inside information," you need to be able to handle the jabs if you get it wrong.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

CW.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:08 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I look at the 911 as a custom tailored suit, you can have within reason, like an Armani jacket, they make certain ones to spec, its cool we all like different kinds, although I would never buy a speedster (even if i was "allowed" to) I hm glad it exists and I hope for a GT3 touring cab for the rest of u
Old 06-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
@Nizer: that spyder is like a single speed Indy Fab. simple beautiful but need a rider who understand what is what.
yup. some like purity of purpose. some like comfort. I’ll take the former in my toys every time.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:17 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

CW,

I would ask if you or anyone else know how close the concept will be to the production car. I don’t get any good inside info myself, but I do like aggregating it and analysing it.

As far as the production car, it would shock me if the mirrors were on the production car. Anyone who has driven a car with small mirrors like that will know that they are largely ineffectual at their intended task. Likewise, having no roof would be something I would tolerate, but I doubt that is something many would accept. Finally, we have seen the mules without the cut down windscreen, but it is hard to see it as a true speedster with a standard height screen.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:21 PM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,609 Likes on 885 Posts

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...t-126257.html#
Old 06-11-2018, 06:32 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

The size of the concept's rear clamshell suggests the car will have a power top similar to the 997. I'm on the dealer list for the car but without a convertible top I would not buy it. I would like to use the car and without a top the car becomes little more than a show car.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:46 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

I’m not certain where the purity or even pedigree for this car can be found. If it were not for the engine being what it is no one here would be interested in the least. Even the lack of PDK option suggests a deficiency of imagination from production and marketing rather than “purity” for a design execution that has borrowed from every Porsche source from the last 70 years. The car is an homage with all the design license that typically entails. Buyers should be given equal license to specify their own version from the parts bin that the car sprung from.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:52 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Saw it today. Excited to see what's allowable on the true street car, but mirrors don't look streetable at all on car in real life
Old 06-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
The honorable Oracle of Vancouver,

It is just my opinion, but to describe the Speedster as just a GT3 convertible that "lost it's purpose" is totally incorrect, and completely misses the character of the car. There is no question that Chris got it right. The Rennlist community is smart enough to make their own decision on that.

At the same time you were giving everyone "insights" into the "GT3 Convertible with no chopped windshield and 500hp" you were also giving everyone insights into the new 718 GT4. Question for you, when will the first GT4's be delivered to US/Canada dealers? To be fair, I'm going let you select from a HUGE range: (1) before 2018 is over, or (2) first six months of 2019, or lastly (3) last six months of 2019? A, B, or C? I'm asking because you mentioned you already turned down the offer for one.

Hey! Remember - this is all in good fun. If you are going to present protected "inside information," you need to be able to handle the jabs if you get it wrong.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

CW.
Why? Just so you ca use that information to start charging people ADM just to get on your list?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:47 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I like it. Think it looks great. I will enjoy driving mine and I am sure my wife will enjoy it even more. Could care less about value and depreciation.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:01 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Why? Just so you ca use that information to start charging people ADM just to get on your list?

Dear Oracle of Vancouver,

Despite what you think, I do not work at a dealership.

A, B, or C? I gave you a very wide range.

If you do not want to answer, I understand. I just thought it would be a nice way for you to regain credibility after this last “inside information” fiasco. I think there are many in the Rennlist community who would be anxious to know, as well. Like the Singapore Summit, this has the opportunity to benefit everyone.

Have a nice evening.

CW

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 06-11-2018 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:18 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Dear Oracle of Vancouver,

Despite what you think, I do not work at a dealership.

A, B, or C? I gave you a very wide range.

If you do not want to answer, I understand. I just thought it would be a nice way for you to regain credibility after this last “inside information” fiasco. I think there are many in the Rennlist community who would be anxious to know, as well. Like the Singapore Summit, this has the opportunity to benefit everyone.

Have a nice evening.

CW

LOL. I hope Woopsie wins a million bucks and buys himself another nice car :-)

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies