SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
This thing is a mess.
Take all parts bins over many years
throw in air
oh that looks awesome!
It is easy enough to figure out what gets cut from the production model — mirrors, hood pins, the logo in the wind deflector, it will have a top (although I have owned two vehicles without a top and it was no big deal although I am not sure I want a 911 interior getting rained in lol), the wheels (PR says they are unique to the concept which means production is not getting them), probably the hood black out and probably the graphics. Without that stuff it is a very coherent design.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:16 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

There is way toooooooo much going on in this concept. In this case, having a production car look better than the concept will be a blessing. Many of these "details" won't make it. Highly doubt 21" wheels will too. What is this, Miami Beach?

Less is more. This designer tried hard cramming in every throwback detail and went deep into the parts bin archives.

Name:  photo952.jpg
Views: 1991
Size:  1.25 MB
Old 06-09-2018, 01:23 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
So I have noticed a few things (if anyone has a link to the full high res pictures let me know please and I will repeat my OCD with them):

The front badge is a sticker, but noteworthy, it is an orange bar badge. We saw the orange bar badge on the 1 million 911. The orange bar badge is also on the steering wheel. Hard to tell, but I suspect the wheel caps as well.

Same with the gold badges, first seen on the 1 million 911 (at least first seen recently, they were available on Long hood 911 and maybe even later).

The gear shifter is black, but also has a round insert (like all the fancy ones with the insert—carbon, wood, aluminium) and the insert is in black. It is hard to tell, but I suspect it is black anodized aluminium like the trim on a GT3 touring.

I love the interior. Interestingly, it says it is analine cognac. Analine is another word for “natural” leather (which the factory cognac leather is), the only thing is the pictures look darker than the existing cognac. Also of note, the interior does not follow the two tone pattern seen on the normal 911. It has the armrest, door pulls, door handle straps, lower dash panels and seats (all of which are available CXX so you could have this interior in a GT3 for example). The leather dash vents are a nice touch. Not available except for CXX on current GT cars (they were probably saving the option for this model when it comes out). Also of note, no deviated stitching and radio and AC delete (again, hard to tell but seems AC delete). I wonder if they offer this interior on the production car they will use black analine leather aka natural leather to go with the cognac? I suspect so.

I find the graphics and color scheme odd, but it would not surprise me to see in the production car a speedster special color similar to a 356 color and maybe offer the graphic pattern. The paint scheme obviously cribbed from the 356 from the video they release (with the driver smoking a cigarette), but I don’t think it has any other significance (I could be wrong). Maybe a Meissen or Etna blue (or a blue or a green — Auratium cough, Auratium).

I cant quite make out the buttons, but it seems no FAL. I did not see a power top button. ;-)

Looks like carbon fiber inside the xenon front headlights. That’s cool. Add lightness to the lightest lights.

There are little pins on either side of the sport chrono panel. These look like the clips for a tonneau cover, otherwise I have no idea what they would be for.

The wheels (in their normal 20in form) are cast, not forged. I hope that does not carry over and it gets proper forged wheels.

Black calipers with PCCB. So much want. I find red and yellow calipers gaudy.

Press release says “over 500hp” so GT3RS engine (nod to Chris). Maybe a bit less than the RS hp because of the intakes.

Still looking for more easter eggs, but this is what I have so far.
Did you download the media package found on the lower left of this page?
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/prod...udy-15603.html
Old 06-09-2018, 01:32 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Did you download the media package found on the lower left of this page?
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/prod...udy-15603.html
I knew it was out there somewhere! Thanks.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:54 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

New stuff from the high res (all of which I could see being on the production car):

Gauges have green font (cool!) including the wart

Seat backs, actually the whole seats, are painted GT Silver (seat backs were painted on prior speedsters).

Door pulls are actually leather not cloth. Looking closely, cloth with a leather wrap on top. Exclusive option needs to replicate as it looks awesome.

Cognac center marker on the steering wheel.

Gear shift print is in tan.

Headlight washers have been deleted (there is a circle but no nipple).

It has Pilot Super Sport Michelins on it. Fronts are 255 30 R21

Has the RS net for the door pocket.

PS yes, I played many games of photohunt in the 2000s.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:55 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,096 Likes on 2,343 Posts

They should just put a GT3 engine in every car or just make 10 different limited production cars every generation and they'll sell like hotcakes. haha
Old 06-09-2018, 01:58 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
They should just put a GT3 engine in every car or just make 10 different limited production cars every generation and they'll sell like hotcakes. haha
There are more GT cars being sold than normal 911 now I suspect and I bet that continues until 992.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,847 Likes on 2,394 Posts

lots of comments.
so... how many of u are real buyers?
and of the real buyers, how many can actually get allocation?
until then, u might as well talk about who's the next president.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:15 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jamie140
If Chuck Norris likes it, I like it!!

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'll buy a winged RS version.
wow he was once thin.... not the fat dude that fought bruce lee.

this is not a speedster.
the orig speedster was for US mkt only and made for poor ppl. decontented 356 to lower the price.
if u had money u be stylin in a 356 cab
this "speedster" is too heavy too many gizmo. forget ac, radio delete. they shoudlnt' be allowed.
leather seats?
hand operated curtin top
then we are talking.

u know if you want to camping, get a tent and no shower for 10 days.
glamping is not camping
this is not speedster.
call it something else
Old 06-09-2018, 02:17 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Most of the things people are criticizing about the car are part of the optional Heritage Package. If you don't like the exterior decals, the white bumper, or the gold Speedster logo, etc., you can simply order it without it. Order PTS Polar Silver, silver wheels (maybe red interior to pay homage to the original speedster?), and I think most people would think it's well designed.

Mooty - I think you'll be happy to know that Porsche will be unveiling a new GT car called the "GT Luddite" at Goodwood. To start the car, you'll pull a cord like a lawnmower.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:20 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Most of the things people are criticizing about the car are part of the optional Heritage Package. If you don't like the exterior decals, the white bumper, or the gold Speedster logo, etc., you can simply order it without it. Order PTS Polar Silver, silver wheels (maybe red interior to pay homage to the original speedster?), and I think most people would think it's well designed.
Any idea on price?
Old 06-09-2018, 02:20 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ agreed well designed and of course you and CJ and on a lucky day, i too will option it right
but just watch 90% of them will be fat pigs...
now that would be sad
Old 06-09-2018, 02:32 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo

Any idea on price?

Nope. I don't have any "inside" information.

Just 12 hours ago, I was still trying to decide if Whoopsy, CJ or Chris was correct. I think we all can agree Chris nailed it.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:41 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,841 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Heritage.
Aka “the magnus walker package”
comes with dreadlock starter kit

call it what you want. It’s a disjointed piece of something.

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies