Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 06:38 PM
NevB
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Hi Nev, going to keep your touring if getting a speedster ? Ive an allocation but coughing at the $715K AUD price tag and don't have room for two weekend drive cars.
Do you have a Porsche Code for your spec? I've love to take a look
Old 06-16-2019, 01:53 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
I live in Canada, and have PTS confirmed for October build. I’ve also requested; and was told that I have the option for custom interior; including seats and the option of doors, console, etc a few weeks back.
Where are you in Canada?

Don't know which dealer told you, but custom interior other than what was available on the order form sounds 101% bull**** to me.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:50 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 232 Likes on 104 Posts

Im in BC. It wasn’t the dealer who told me, I have been working with a Porsche Exclusive rep in Toronto whom I’ve worked with on other vehicles as well.

Same fellow confirmed my PTS, and stated that I could get CXX doors, seats, custom options for leather vents, center console and so on after I asked; it took about a week to say it can happen. He then sent me pricing.

I didn’t think twice about it after seeing so many GT2 cars on the internet as of late with lots of custom options; until the dealership in the US yesterday told me no custom seats..... first world problem at it’s finest. Lets see what happens. If it doesn’t happen, it saves me 25-30K. I was posting on here to see if anyone has been told the same.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:51 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
Im in BC. It wasn’t the dealer who told me, I have been working with a Porsche Exclusive rep in Toronto whom I’ve worked with on other vehicles as well.

Same fellow confirmed my PTS, and stated that I could get CXX doors, seats, custom options for leather vents, center console and so on after I asked; it took about a week to say it can happen. He then sent me pricing.

I didn’t think twice about it after seeing so many GT2 cars on the internet as of late with lots of custom options; until the dealership in the US yesterday told me no custom seats..... first world problem at it’s finest. Lets see what happens. If it doesn’t happen, it saves me 25-30K. I was posting on here to see if anyone has been told the same.
I was told that there are only a handful of CXX seat projects that will be allowed for PCNA in the months of October and November. I met with my exclusive rep this past week, and they are supposed to have confirmations towards the end of the upcoming week.

For those who have met with their exclusive reps, and have hours into the project modifying their build with different iterations, do you think your rep would spend so many hours on the project if the CXX interior weren’t a possibility?

Those who who are being told "no" by their sales advisors already know which clients are working directly with exclusive on seat projects, and that there are no remaining CXX interior slots. Apparently a seat project knocks out a customization bay for 5 days, as the car cannot be moved. Hence why they are limiting the number of cXX interior projects for October and November.
Old 06-16-2019, 05:09 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

5 days! That’s insane. It is like an hour to swap seats.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:42 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
5 days! That’s insane. It is like an hour to swap seats.
Insanity is this; The original car is made with the “standard” bucket seats in black. After the car is complete, it gets moved to the CXX bay where they remove the seat, and rip apart the black leather, and then reupholster it in the newly specified finish. Hence the 5 days... 🤦*♂️ just imagine if you do more than the seats. a friends car went through a pretty extensive CXX project, and the car was delayed by a month in just that department. I don’t know if it was waiting for a bay to open up, or if it actually spent that amount of time in the cXX department.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:15 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Still waiting to hear re custom wheels and seats. Already got a no for interior package painted in my pts choice, but here’s the weird thing: pts painted vent slats and hvac panel were ok’d. Go figure.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:26 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Still waiting to hear re custom wheels and seats. Already got a no for interior package painted in my pts choice, but here’s the weird thing: pts painted vent slats and hvac panel were ok’d. Go figure.
It’s because both of those options are available via standard configurator, albeit PTS. When building the car on the configurator, some options will allow you to choose them after you select PTS. Headlight washers ARE NOT one of those options? It all makes such perfect sense, right? 😂
Old 06-18-2019, 05:17 PM
NevB
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

German video with lots of details if you enable english subtitles

One thing I didn't realise until watching this video is that the decals are paint, not plastic.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:29 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by NevB

One thing I didn't realise until watching this video is that the decals are paint, not plastic.
Apparently couldn't get the wing/fender white bits to work as a decal with the curve.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:30 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

OK....I'll ask....engage English subtitles.....how?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:36 PM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GreggT
OK....I'll ask....engage English subtitles.....how?
Steps
  1. Open a YouTube video.
  2. Click the gear icon in the bottom-right corner of the video player to display the video player settings.
  3. Expand the combo box next to Subtitles/CC.
  4. Click the desired subtitle language to begin displaying subtitles.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:22 PM
Stockholm996TT
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NevB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdgskSljDlQ

Wow! That is Tim Schrick that did the sensational drift review of the Carrera GT 15 years ago!

It just mentions that the white parts on the front are painted. The circles on the sides I believe are stickers.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:56 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,502 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Stockholm996TT
It just mentions that the white parts on the front are painted. The circles on the sides I believe are stickers.
If I remember the presentation that may be true, but the stickers aren't removable IIRC. They're under clear coat for durability.

One more thing I remember from driving the Speedster, not very relevant to most uses admittedly, is that it just won't launch from a dead stop. Flooring the throttle with the clutch in only gets you to a limited 4000 RPM and the car completely bogs down if you dump the clutch in grippy conditions. Best time we managed to 100 km/h was 4.6s.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:56 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Wonder how the take up rate for the 718 Spyder will affect Speedster prices now that it has been announce.
Porsche has released another open top option - sure, not anyhere near the same price point but enough of a car to bleed off of Speedster demand?

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies