Originally Posted by Gravs View Post
Hahahahaha are you on commission?

Nope not a single dollar....
Old 05-21-2019, 09:49 AM
lfish
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the Speedster was first shown I contacted my dealer and was placed first on their waiting list. Approximately 6 months ago the manager stated he was told by PCNA that each dealership would be receiving at least one buildable allocation and larger stores would be getting proportionately more cars. I was told I was first on the wait list. This information was reinforced by numerous phone calls and meetings. Yesterday after reaching out to the sales manager I received a call from their (one) sales associate and was told that the dealer was not getting an allocation. Apparently the initial information has proven to be false...because the alternative explanation is pretty unpalatable.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:13 AM
lfish
Addict
Rennlist Member

As a karmic reality check I just examined a new patient who waited until he found a job which provided health insurance so that he could have his cataracts evaluated. He is now legally blind which I should be able to remedy very soon. In the overall scheme of things the absence of a Speedster in my otherwise very full life is fairly insignificant. .
Old 05-21-2019, 10:23 AM
Suitcase
User

Originally Posted by lfish View Post
When the Speedster was first shown I contacted my dealer and was placed first on their waiting list. Approximately 6 months ago the manager stated he was told by PCNA that each dealership would be receiving at least one buildable allocation and larger stores would be getting proportionately more cars. I was told I was first on the wait list. This information was reinforced by numerous phone calls and meetings. Yesterday after reaching out to the sales manager I received a call from their (one) sales associate and was told that the dealer was not getting an allocation. Apparently the initial information has proven to be false...because the alternative explanation is pretty unpalatable.
It wasn't a calculated decision for me to choose Champion but it has turned out to be a good one. My choice was simple. They treated me with respect when I had no money to buy cars. In addition, Dave previously and now Mitra sits in an office, on the sales floor, everyday and is available to chat with customers (about anything) and deal with problems. See if you can find Roger Penske or any other mega or multiple dealer owner available on a daily basis to speak with you?

Because PCNA is set up where the more you sell the more you get Champion has more GT cars allocated to them than any other dealership. I have sent friends there and they got their GT3 Touring simply because they had more allocation. In addition, they have a racing pedigree and the sales people are also long time enthusiasts. I recently purchased a lightly used '16 Boxster Spyder from another dealership. I paid cash. But I still couldn't leave the building without a forced conference with their finance officer. Like a Toyota dealership. This BS would never happen at Champion.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:26 AM
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a karmic reality check I just examined a new patient who waited until he found a job which provided health insurance so that he could have his cataracts evaluated. He is now legally blind which I should be able to remedy very soon. In the overall scheme of things the absence of a Speedster in my otherwise very full life is fairly insignificant. .
Yeah, not getting an allocation is nothing more than a first world problem. Sometimes it's good to get a reminder of what is really important in life.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:27 AM
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kahane18 View Post
Just spoke with my sales rep he says he has a buildable allocation for $200k over...not sure if still available but PM me if you want..
Tell your stealer that I'll give him $2.00 over MSRP for the allocation.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:39 AM
disden
User

my dealer did not get an allocation. so each dealer is not getting one. My dealer didn't get a GT2 allocation either which still has me a bit miffed.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:07 PM
kahane18
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post

Sure...
Old 05-21-2019, 02:24 PM
ssiminou
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know of a few allocations to be had around 100k adm. Ridiculous in my opinion, but PM me if you want the contact.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:41 PM
smuoio
Addict
Rennlist Member

Turned down an allocation at +100,000
Old 05-21-2019, 02:49 PM
Taffy66
User

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
That's a sensible opening bid..Gives you room to haggle.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:56 PM
David Sheen
User

Here in Los Angeles area, dealer is also asking $200K over MSRP! By the time the built is finished... $310K MSRP + $200K Mark Up + Tax = No Thank You
Old 05-21-2019, 06:49 PM
sampelligrino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David Sheen View Post
Here in Los Angeles area, dealer is also asking $200K over MSRP! By the time the built is finished... $310K MSRP + $200K Mark Up + Tax = No Thank You
so ~$560k for a limited edition GT3 cab....... wow
Old 05-21-2019, 06:55 PM
hf1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
so ~$560k for a limited edition GT3 cab....... wow
With a manual top.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:46 PM
WernerE
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’d like to buy a Speedster, but they’re just too much in demand for me to have a realistic chance. The reviews are impressive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: