991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Old 05-19-2019, 12:45 AM
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
I can't wait until an exhaust outfit gets their hands on one of these new motors and figures out how to maximize the exhaust setup. I'm concerned it will require an ECU tune on these cars though which may make exhaust mods a more difficult proposition.
I bet there is a mechanical way to trick the pressure sensor, but that may not get any power as the ECU may adjust to limit any potential benefit. Also, I am wondering if, without the GPF, it ends up being loud and/or drone. All surmountable hurdles, but, I, like you, are very interested. I know itís a bit apples to oranges, but a tune on a DPF 2.0 vw TDI with DPF delete (and especially cat delete) made that thing a monster. I never did it to mine, but the one I saw was nuts.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:45 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
I bet there is a mechanical way to trick the pressure sensor, but that may not get any power as the ECU may adjust to limit any potential benefit. Also, I am wondering if, without the GPF, it ends up being loud and/or drone. All surmountable hurdles, but, I, like you, are very interested. I know itís a bit apples to oranges, but a tune on a DPF 2.0 vw TDI with DPF delete (and especially cat delete) made that thing a monster. I never did it to mine, but the one I saw was nuts.
I think the new electronically flapped center muffler is going to be very sophisticated in its ability to remove drone that will be hard to duplicate in aftermarket.
Old 05-19-2019, 03:11 PM
David40
User

Not sure why you want taking out PF ?...
New exhaust make more power ...
PF is better for pollution ...
Speedster will be drive 89% with open top so, not a problem for exhaust noise...
Old 05-19-2019, 04:11 PM
stout
Addict
Rennlist Member

Interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread, particularly posts #13 and #25. Well calledÖ
Old 05-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Targa Tim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout View Post
Interesting to go back to the beginning of this thread, particularly posts #13 and #25. Well calledÖ
they are actually the real bosses of Porsche but hiding here as rennlisters
Old 05-20-2019, 05:47 PM
robcut1
User

Is anyone in the USA confirmed in writing that they are actually getting a car?
Old 05-20-2019, 05:51 PM
CHADW
User

Allocations beyond VIP are released to dealers now.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Suitcase
User

Default Speedster

Originally Posted by robcut1 View Post
Is anyone in the USA confirmed in writing that they are actually getting a car?
Yes
Old 05-20-2019, 10:34 PM
robcut1
User

Originally Posted by Suitcase View Post
Yes
If you donít mind me asking when were you notified, were you number one or number two on your dealerís list, are you a 918 owner?
Old 05-20-2019, 11:48 PM
Suitcase
User

Default Champion Porsche

Originally Posted by robcut1 View Post
If you donít mind me asking when were you notified, were you number one or number two on your dealerís list, are you a 918 owner?
Not 918. I have been reluctant to post but since you asked.... I can't say what number I was on their list but was promised a car years ago. I had seen the prototype R Speedster in Weissach, March 2016. I was sworn to secrecy at the time but when it started to leak I went to the owner of my dealership and asked that I be considered for an allocation. That dealership is Champion. As many know, my friend and owner, Dave Maraj, has passed. I'm certainly not their best customer by dollars spent so was unsure how or if I would still get an allocation. But there is a good reason that Champion is the worlds largest dealer. Both the GM, Jim, and Dave's son, Mitra, spoke to me some months ago and assured me that I would get an allocation using the word "family." In this world of GT Admin, no loyalty to anyone anywhere, impersonal relationships and so on I cannot express how good it made me feel regardless of the car. They did not have to do this. Whatever you've heard, including the Shirazz debacle in which every customer was made whole, even though Champion was a victim themselves, Champion remains the best dealership I know. And I know many.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:31 AM
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CHADW View Post
Allocations beyond VIP are released to dealers now.
I thought dealers got non-VIP allocations on May 7th to hand out.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:17 AM
robcut1
User

Originally Posted by Suitcase View Post
Not 918. I have been reluctant to post but since you asked.... I can't say what number I was on their list but was promised a car years ago. I had seen the prototype R Speedster in Weissach, March 2016. I was sworn to secrecy at the time but when it started to leak I went to the owner of my dealership and asked that I be considered for an allocation. That dealership is Champion. As many know, my friend and owner, Dave Maraj, has passed. I'm certainly not their best customer by dollars spent so was unsure how or if I would still get an allocation. But there is a good reason that Champion is the worlds largest dealer. Both the GM, Jim, and Dave's son, Mitra, spoke to me some months ago and assured me that I would get an allocation using the word "family." In this world of GT Admin, no loyalty to anyone anywhere, impersonal relationships and so on I cannot express how good it made me feel regardless of the car. They did not have to do this. Whatever you've heard, including the Shirazz debacle in which every customer was made whole, even though Champion was a victim themselves, Champion remains the best dealership I know. And I know many.
Thank you for sharing, itís always nice to hear good feedback.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:26 AM
kahane18
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just spoke with my sales rep he says he has a buildable allocation for $200k over...not sure if still available but PM me if you want..
Old 05-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Gravs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kahane18
Just spoke with my sales rep he says he has a buildable allocation for $200k over...not sure if still available but PM me if you want..
Hahahahaha are you on commission?
Old 05-21-2019, 09:46 AM
CHADW
User

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
I thought dealers got non-VIP allocations on May 7th to hand out.
Yes, dealers have their allocations.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: