Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 12:59 AM
spyder fan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find interesting all the commentary about the new Speedster that 98.5% of people on this forum will never be able to buy.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:05 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcys1973
It looks that only color for heritage will be GT silver, the only option you will have is to choose heritage with or without the decor. Black/ cognac interior will be available only for the heritage.

Standard colors will include lizard green, miami blue, lava orange, crayon, racing yellow, reds, blacks etc but also PTS will be available to everybody (however it adds 6 months wait at least for those ordering in Europe). These colors will be available only with black interior, but you could choose different color stitching.

CXX will be available upon consultations
"for those ordering in Europe"? Are you saying that US folks ordering Euro Delivery need to wait an extra 6months? Seems like you have some good information please elaborate. This car has me obsessed.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:24 AM
tvasbn
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Where is the rear spoiler?
Old 04-21-2019, 04:26 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

At the very end just like a touring/R/any other 911.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:28 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Start around 8 minutes:
Facebook Post

1) Exhaust valves are now electronic and not vacuum. I wonder if this could eliminate the 4K transition if one turns exhaust button on.?

2) Heritage does seem to be only for GT Silver. Those old school badges are awesome. I now assume 90% of all Speedsters will look exactly the same.

3) It does seem clear the ITB and the exhaust setup will be exclusively for the Speedster. Some in Europe we’re wondering if these items would make it into the last batch of 3RSs but it seems not the case.4) 4.0 here to stay for quite a while longer.

I must say the heritage looked very good in the video. It kills me that virtually all the cars will be looking exactly the same.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:09 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you for pointing this out. Looks like a hand down from the Turbo S Exclusive black calipers.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by JCBH
The heritage edition has black calipers as part of the package. See photo attached that I took.
I am disappointed too that the actual Speedster did not live up to the expectations during the launch of the "Concept" Speedster car. Historically when it is numbered and limited, it has unique and special features. The Talbot side mirrors, center fuel door, tonneau cover, new rim design, would have made this car even more special and unique. The "Concept" got me all hyped up, but the actual car now fizzled big time. The way I look at this, for much more higher price than the 911R, Turbo S Exclusive Series, and the GT2RS, let's chop the roof off and charge $100K more than the GT3, limit the tag number and call it a day. Other than the Individual Throttle Body, I do not see anything unique and special on this car.

Porsche the great marketing company is now the King of ADM.

Originally Posted by raclaims
I was so disappointed in the cars last night at the auto show....I literally didn't even take one pic. I thought it was a very bland effort at best. Super irritated as I've been waiting for this car for what feels like forever to be the perfect 911 !
I am getting the impression the Tonneau roof was not implemented because the interior first of all is not waterproof we in USA live in a "sue happy" society so Porsche puts in a cabriolet top. Same thing with the center fuel door. Gas spillage which can lead to accidents or fire, is a potential law suit.

Originally Posted by neanicu
Hey,at least it has a roof... Go back 150 pages and there were people who thought this car won't have a roof at all. So if you get caught up in rain you'd just have to drive faster or use one of those tonneau covers like in the old Jag D type....
Heritage Edition being only one color GT Silver/White means a ton of Heritage Speedster look alike will be out there. The Turbo S Exclusive Series looks much better and rarer than this Speedster.

Originally Posted by evilfij
At the very end just like a touring/R/any other 911.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:17 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

But they’ll all have different numbers on their meatballs. That’s how owners will find theirs at C&C events.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:04 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
But they’ll all have different numbers on their meatballs. That’s how owners will find theirs at C&C events.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:33 AM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tvasbn
Where is the rear spoiler?
In the same place as any Carrera or GT3 Touring.

Old 04-21-2019, 10:52 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
Looking at this more closely, does the window not retract completely into the door when down?
Old 04-21-2019, 12:43 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

What shocks me is that given the astronomical price of the Speedster, it doesn't come with titanium exhaust as on the GT3RS/GT2RS?!
Old 04-21-2019, 12:54 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 243 Posts

I don't understand the appeal of this car. It looks goofy with the top open, it looks goofy with the soft top on.There are already thousands of 4.0's on the road and market. Can't say I cared for the older speedsters, but at least those are old. Modern convertibles are just not cool. What is the draw of this car?
Old 04-21-2019, 01:15 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
I don't understand the appeal of this car. It looks goofy with the top open, it looks goofy with the soft top on.There are already thousands of 4.0's on the road and market. Can't say I cared for the older speedsters, but at least those are old. Modern convertibles are just not cool. What is the draw of this car?
High-revving, manual, NA convertibles are the best way to enjoy a curvy road, and nobody else makes one anymore.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:49 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Start around 8 minutes:https://www.facebook.com/porscheclub...4830366325616/

1) Exhaust valves are now electronic and not vacuum. I wonder if this could eliminate the 4K transition if one turns exhaust button on.?

2) Heritage does seem to be only for GT Silver. Those old school badges are awesome. I now assume 90% of all Speedsters will look exactly the same.

3) It does seem clear the ITB and the exhaust setup will be exclusively for the Speedster. Some in Europe we’re wondering if these items would make it into the last batch of 3RSs but it seems not the case.4) 4.0 here to stay for quite a while longer.

I must say the heritage looked very good in the video. It kills me that virtually all the cars will be looking exactly the same.
That spokesman, Frank Wiessman, said that this was the first speedster in 30 years.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:28 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
High-revving, manual, NA convertibles are the best way to enjoy a curvy road, and nobody else makes one anymore.
Miata? Newly raised redline, but maybe 7,500 rpm not quite to your threshold...

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies