Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 09:10 AM
MerlinRS
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Very interesting video explaining what individual throttle bodies do:

In short, throttle response is sharper and also the sound better. Does anyone have experience on how the sound differs?

I wonder what Porsche implements for the EU market as they have the particle filter.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:17 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by MerlinRS
Very interesting video explaining what individual throttle bodies do:

In short, throttle response is sharper and also the sound better. Does anyone have experience on how the sound differs?

I wonder what Porsche implements for the EU market as they have the particle filter.
E46 m3 had ITB's, maybe others as well... yes throttle response was lightening quick and sound was beautiful.. but I'm sure there are many others.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

That thing is beautiful,I don't care what the naysayers talk about! There will always be a drama queen bitchin' and moanin' about something. Especially in that silver with the brown interior,just look at it! Gorgeous!
Individual throttle bodies?! Wow wow wow! I simply love that and I've been calling for individual throttle bodies since forever.
I'll probably never own one,but that doesn't stop me from appreciating this car.
To those that will get one I'll say : You lucky bastards!
Old 04-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

New Speedster is another unobtainable for vast majority so those P promos to me are nonsense and aimed at either the few hundred VIPs left or guys who chit money since with ADM and tax you will be way over $400k . Laughable. Another R-gate. Watch the rich dudes pay $400k to $500k all in only to see their money melt away ala R and 2RS.

I paid $60,000 for this little guy. Pure analogue mt magic and same top down fun. Quickly becoming a collectible too.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:12 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Not a hater and hoping you get one of the allocations outside of the VIPs.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by neanicu
That thing is beautiful,I don't care what the naysayers talk about! There will always be a drama queen bitchin' and moanin' about something. Especially in that silver with the brown interior,just look at it! Gorgeous!
Individual throttle bodies?! Wow wow wow! I simply love that and I've been calling for individual throttle bodies since forever.
I'll probably never own one,but that doesn't stop me from appreciating this car.
To those that will get one I'll say : You lucky bastards!
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Is it nice? Sure thing. For $275k maybe I’m in. For $400k+ no thanks.

Not hating just stating.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:59 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
The only reason the speedster got itbs was because the r engine and the new gt3 and Rs engine made less power given the air intake inlet restrictions. Put this engine or the itb on the .2 rs and it will make quite a nice bit more power.
I'm actually excited to see good tuners do their thing. Proper sized itb + a proper unrestricted rsr size exhaust on an rs would be mental.
I have a serious question on this point of tuners and power.

How can a great company like Dundon make an airbox that unlocks loads more power and headers that safely unlock loads more power, when Porsche has 100x the R&D budget and a race team!?

Please note I am not knocking Dundon or any other tuner, I just can’t understand how Porsche leave so much on the table.

I have never been able to make sense of this point.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:01 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Regulations.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:15 AM
TylerCoupe
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 47 Posts

Anxiously waiting to see what other colors and options available. I like the GT Silver and heritage interior as well as black PCCB, but I want to drive it so gumballs are out and also not a fan of gold accents. Hoping I can get British Racing green with basketball leather. Also bummed about mirrors and wheels not making it. Would not have wanted center fuel position
Old 04-18-2019, 12:00 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
E46 m3 had ITB's, maybe others as well... yes throttle response was lightening quick and sound was beautiful.. but I'm sure there are many others.
E90 M3 has them as well.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:13 PM
MerlinRS
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting, thanks! When is the configurator going live?
Old 04-18-2019, 12:32 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Is it nice? Sure thing. For $275k maybe I’m in. For $400k+ no thanks.

Not hating just stating.
With you fully. Even at MSRP I'm not convinced (considering with options it likely will be $325K when all is said and done)

The way I see it my .2 PTS/CXX GT3 + upcoming 718 4.0 Spyder = Speedster. Not inclined to do that trade at all...
Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Here's the thing ...

As a self admitted person who did not 'get' the R and declared it a parts bin car when it was announced I might be equally wrong on this car.

But the R was the same msrp as the 3RS at that time, not twice as much, and therein lied it's appeal relative to the experience it provided.

I mean will the ITB make it that much better than a Touring to justify its price? That's almost impossible to conceive.

So it seems the price of this car is driven by collectibility not substance, at least at first glance, and Porsche has decided to be the ones to profit from that collectibility.

I caution anyone about buying this car other than for mothballing it for 20 years or enjoying the **** out of it, because at this price point I just don't think there's much in it for flippers and I'm not even sure you'll be able to do the six month free 300 mile drive thing with your dealer.

Again, I'm often wrong about these things. But 2000 is a lot of manual top Tourings to sell at $350k, and there's going to be 200 of them dropped on eBay and on brokers' inventory simultaneously once deliveries start ... so proceed with caution if money is your main motivation or your primary concern.

For my part I've taken that out of the equation and I'm honestly at the point that I don't know if I'd buy one should I get an allocation ... it feels to me that Porsche has somewhat jumped the shark with this car's pricing and the lack of special design features is a huge letdown.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:14 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

I too think the pricing from Porsche is very aggressive.

One question also to consider. What other high performance manual, convertible, high revving NA sports car is there to buy on the market today?
Old 04-18-2019, 01:14 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Too much! It’s important to focus strictly on bang for the buck when purchasing spoiled brat luxury goods. Personally, I’m going to cobble together a collection of ten used cars for less money.

Sure, I won’t like or enjoy any of them and they will be worth 15 cents next year, but I will win the Less for Less Prize!

Suckerz!

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies