Sponsored by:

Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 11:45 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Anyone been contacted by any brokers yet and if so what ADMs are they asking for?
I imagine they will eventually ask $100k or over
Old 04-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Speedster Admin

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Anyone been contacted by any brokers yet and if so what ADMs are they asking for?
I hope to get one. But I don't think this will be anything close to the 911R insanity. First of all there are 2x the number of cars being manufactured. Second, there is more MT/NA product out there than 2016 and more cars to choose from. Third, my experience, and Porsche friends that are GT/RS customers tend to prefer the coupes to open cars. And let's not forget how many open top customers just don't want to deal with a manual top. Fourth, there are (in North America) fewer 918 VIP's than in 2016 that will have priority allocations. It's many of 918 VIP 911R allocations that found there way to brokers, flippers, and general nonsense. In the long run this crap does the brand no good. I believe that Porsche is more sensitive to making sure that true enthusiasts that will appreciate the car (and keep the car) will have a reasonable chance to have one. If you have to be the first one on your block to have a Speedster and you've only bought Cayenne for your wife it might get expensive. They won't be giving them away. But if you have a good relationship with a reputable dealer I feel that the chances of getting one at a reasonable price or MSRP is pretty good. A history of keeping your cars will mean a lot. Why would any dealer (or anyone else) want to give you an allocation at MSRP when you turn around and sell the car for + $100k two weeks after delivery? And one more thing... The NA/MT 718 Spyder is coming. OK, it's a 100 less hp. But it's mid-engine and smaller. I can't tell you how great my 981 Spyder is. And they're out there used in the $80's! Even though I drive a 911R daily I get excited when I get in my Boxster Spyder which resides in a different state.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:53 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 281 Posts

del

Last edited by sampelligrino; 04-03-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:02 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

A history of keeping your cars will mean a lot. Why would any dealer (or anyone else) want to give you an allocation at MSRP when you turn around and sell the car for + $100k two weeks after delivery?

If you trade/sell your cars back to the dealer the dealer makes more money and gets more sales. Long term owners are not great customers, dealers much rather have the guy who went 991.1 GT3->RS->.2GT3->RS etc. even selling the cars for less money each time because in the aggregate the dealer makes more.

ADM may be $100k over to start, but I expect speedster to be more like the 2RS than the R. That is, ADMs vanishing quickly.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by Suitcase
I hope to get one. But I don't think this will be anything close to the 911R insanity. First of all there are 2x the number of cars being manufactured. Second, there is more MT/NA product out there than 2016 and more cars to choose from. Third, my experience, and Porsche friends that are GT/RS customers tend to prefer the coupes to open cars. And let's not forget how many open top customers just don't want to deal with a manual top. Fourth, there are (in North America) fewer 918 VIP's than in 2016 that will have priority allocations. It's many of 918 VIP 911R allocations that found there way to brokers, flippers, and general nonsense. In the long run this crap does the brand no good. I believe that Porsche is more sensitive to making sure that true enthusiasts that will appreciate the car (and keep the car) will have a reasonable chance to have one. If you have to be the first one on your block to have a Speedster and you've only bought Cayenne for your wife it might get expensive. They won't be giving them away. But if you have a good relationship with a reputable dealer I feel that the chances of getting one at a reasonable price or MSRP is pretty good. A history of keeping your cars will mean a lot. Why would any dealer (or anyone else) want to give you an allocation at MSRP when you turn around and sell the car for + $100k two weeks after delivery? And one more thing... The NA/MT 718 Spyder is coming. OK, it's a 100 less hp. But it's mid-engine and smaller. I can't tell you how great my 981 Spyder is. And they're out there used in the $80's! Even though I drive a 911R daily I get excited when I get in my Boxster Spyder which resides in a different state.
I think this will be equal to greater than the "R' insanity but it will also depend where they price MSRP. If they price it high enough they will kill off some of the crazy demand

But - the demand for the Touring is pretty much off the charts so figure a cooler looking Touring Cab with even a more powerful engine is going to exceed that by double. One can make the case that the demand for this puppy will be greater than the new GT2 RS and then you add the last NA Speedster Cab to the fold and you will have some insanity.

Unless a Touring Cab follows which i think would be great and squash the "FLIPPERS"
Old 04-03-2019, 01:30 PM
David40
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t think a Touring Cab will kill the hype around the speedster.
A touring is very close to a R, design and technicaly, so it slow down the flippers
A speedster is a speedster. A Touring cab is not a speedster.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 2,346 Posts

If anyone deserves the new Speedster it is you and I'm confident that you'll get one.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:22 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed. Hope you land one.

Porsche should create an online mileage leader board for one of the new GTs. Encourage an anti bubblewrapper mindset.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:53 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 251 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by robcut1
The dealers were apparently given some idea as to how many cars they are to receive. My dealership for example, was told that they were going to receive three allocations.
This is true.

i think demand for this car will be off the charts. First convertible GT car in decades and likely the last NA with 9k redline: I know we always hear last NA but this is likely true for the Speedster.

MSRP is bonkers I heard, so they will need to justify the price.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:22 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Where did the pics of the Speedster go? I was reading this last night and there were great pics of a speedster that I've rarely seen before.
Maybe it's my browser, yes it's my browser... but anyhoot, Sir Suitcase, your speedster is a beauty and I really appreciate your notes on the Spyder. You have a nice collection. Did you post pics of your Spyder with your Speedster yet?
Also, in a general post, will the configurator be on the GT3 Line under the 911 Line? Or will it be its own Line under 911?

Last edited by jeanrabelais; 04-04-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:50 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Look back at post#1684.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Where did the pics of the Speedster go? I was reading this last night and there were great pics of a speedster that I've rarely seen before.
Maybe it's my browser, yes it's my browser... but anyhoot, Sir Suitcase, your speedster is a beauty and I really appreciate your notes on the Spyder. You have a nice collection. Did you post pics of your Spyder with your Speedster yet?
Also, in a general post, will the configurator be on the GT3 Line under the 911 Line? Or will it be its own Line under 911?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:46 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Look back at post#1684.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I saw those and wondered if they were just made by a wishful writer's hand. Are these pictures of the Speedster from a Porsche international site? Can I find these on the USA site? Is there a configurator somewhere?
BTW I think the speedster is going to be great if the last Spyder is an indicator!
Old 04-04-2019, 03:50 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Default I want them all!

Originally Posted by robcut1

Possible Speedster Specific Combinations

And PTS?
Old 04-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts

Old 04-04-2019, 04:32 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
I'm a sucker for those classic logos. Yes, I would get the Silver outlaw style heritage if I could, then dark sea blue, then Guards Red. I don't understand why there isn't more interest in what is obviously going to be a fantastic production model for Porsche.

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies