Service interval question and PCCB question

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 07:50 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb Service interval question and PCCB question

I'd appreciate input on these topics:
So I'm in final negotiations on a '15 GT3. Current mileage 9,000. Tracked 2 times. Has PCCB's.

1. I called the dealership to get service records and learned that the car had its "12K service" performed at 4,600 miles.9,000 miles. I aked why a 12K mile service at 4,600 miles and the service person explained it is 12,000 miles or a time period of a year, whichever comes first. He said looking at the records the plugs were done but not the brake fluid. He said the car is overdue and needs another complete service including plugs, brake fluid, engine filter, oil, etc. He also explained if this wasn't done and documented that it could make the car ineligible for the 100,000 mile engine replacement warranty. Thoughts on this....

2. The car is currently having an oil change at a reputable race shop (they prepare a number Porsche Cup cars....that have won) and the owner is being helpful with an abbreviated PPI. He said the car has PCCB's and from their extensive experience, he recommends changing the pads and rotors to steel if I plan on tracking at all. My plans are for DE weekends a few times a year. He said for their clients, they recommend changing to steel if you do over three events in a year. Thoughts or experience with this is appreciated.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Service interval question and PCCB question