Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road & Track PCOTY 2018 Lap Times

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Mvez
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 94 Posts

It's my home track. Everybody local knew that article data was pointless the moment they describe how to drive the track, i.e. using curbs. With the exception of T1, you stay OFF every apex curb on the entire track. They are tall and massively upset the car, especially in T12, which leads onto a curved straight. That is literally one of the worst curbs you can hit. So although it doesn't explain why the GTR is that much faster, what it does tell you is that the driver doesn't know the track, and/or was looking for photo-ops instead of fast lap times.

Also, the 720S should destroy everything there. All it proved, was that the GTR was the easiest fast car to drive fast. With the trick TC and front-mid layout, it just means it's more approachable. Yes, it's crazy fast, but it's not 720S fast, on any track.

I won't go into details, but let's put it this way, the data is many seconds off the pace of what each car should be....some cars more than other cars, so don't read too much into the data.

Quick Reply: Road & Track PCOTY 2018 Lap Times