Gripe: why can’t I get the lower mirrors in gloss back with a black GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 09:44 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts
Default Gripe: why can’t I get the lower mirrors in gloss back with a black GT3

This is the one cosmetic option (other than PTS, LTS, and wood trim and wheel lol) I would pay for, but you can’t get it on a black car. The sport design mirrors just look so much better monotone and you can get painted side skirts, but not lower mirrors in gloss black.

I wish porsche would give up on this whole branding of the various models and just let you order whatever option you want on whatever model. It would cost nothing and be basically free money. I mean no one buys a turbo over a GT3 just to get a sunroof or Burmeister, let alone to get some cosmetic options.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
This is the one cosmetic option (other than PTS, LTS, and wood trim and wheel lol) I would pay for, but you can’t get it on a black car. The sport design mirrors just look so much better monotone and you can get painted side skirts, but not lower mirrors in gloss black.

I wish porsche would give up on this whole branding of the various models and just let you order whatever option you want on whatever model. It would cost nothing and be basically free money. I mean no one buys a turbo over a GT3 just to get a sunroof or Burmeister, let alone to get some cosmetic options.
I have a Black .2 with CF side mirrors and never once did I even think what the bottom half looks like. The car is black with many matte pieces that you never notice.

Sleep good tonight - nothing to worry about
Old 11-27-2017, 10:04 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Oh I will sleep well enough. I probably won’t mind the matte trim so much as to do anything about it. At least it matches my utility package Tacoma with matte mirrors bumpers and handles. But for 7x the money maybe I could get some actual paint on a Porsche.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Body In White
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 162 Posts

You can get the mirrors painted in a deviated (or body color) if you go the CXX route. The factory approved my request to paint the upper and lower mirror in gloss black on my white ‘18 GT3 build. In fact, they are also painting the wheels gloss black as well, instead of satin black. Ask your dealer to push on this.

Quick Reply: Gripe: why can’t I get the lower mirrors in gloss back with a black GT3