Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: anyone have a F12TDF?

Old 11-26-2017, 03:16 AM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default OT: anyone have a F12TDF?

I stopped by to finalize a change on my 488, and there it was...sitting, waiting....yea, its 500k over MSRP, but I might just be tempted....

anyone have one, and thoughts?
Old 11-26-2017, 04:26 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
it is a great car. i have one which i ordered in Paint To Sample Grigio Scuro. i have driven it a few times but the car is just too darn fast for the streets and also a bit too b. to open it up, to enjoy it even a little bit, you quickly get yourself not just into ticket territory -- you are probably into jail territory. this car belongs on autobahns and autostradas, not crowded and congested roads of west coast and east coast metropolitan areas. if you live in the middle of Montana, with nobody around you and nice open roads: get the car and you'll love it. if you live in LA or Manhattan or Silicon Valley -- forget it... you might as well not sit in traffic in a caged italian beast.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:29 AM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
I stopped by to finalize a change on my 488, and there it was...sitting, waiting....yea, its 500k over MSRP, but I might just be tempted....

I think 500k over msrp is high. Recently a 17 with less than 100 miles traded for 350k over msrp. What people are asking and getting are very different. It is an unbelievable car. Just my .02.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:42 PM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
it is a great car. i have one which i ordered in Paint To Sample Grigio Scuro. i have driven it a few times but the car is just too darn fast for the streets and also a bit too b. to open it up, to enjoy it even a little bit, you quickly get yourself not just into ticket territory -- you are probably into jail territory. this car belongs on autobahns and autostradas, not crowded and congested roads of west coast and east coast metropolitan areas. if you live in the middle of Montana, with nobody around you and nice open roads: get the car and you'll love it. if you live in LA or Manhattan or Silicon Valley -- forget it... you might as well not sit in traffic in a caged italian beast.
Chris Harris echoes the above sentiments in his video:

The TDF is a beast.

I have not seen a TDF anywhere near $350K over. I have seen sales at double that and currently most are asking $600K over or more.

The entire car market is already starting to correct. If you are patient (maybe 1-3 years) you should be able to pick up any of these "collectibles" at a nice discount to today's prices.

Porsche has marked up the 991.2 GT3 MSRP and options. They are going to produce a lot of cars and PTS is no longer going to be the "unicorn" it once was. Porsche is listening to their customers, building the cars that are in demand, and pricing them accordingly. Porsche will laugh all the way to the bank until the automobile market turns. And the market will turn, it's just a matter of time. Patience is a virtue.
Old 11-26-2017, 11:14 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

You are such a wimp
Old 11-27-2017, 12:49 AM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

if you live in the middle of Montana, with nobody around you and nice open roads: get the car and you'll love it.
Be careful with that. Highway mortality rates in MT are high, year after year. Highway patrol out here can be very serious when it comes to not following the rules. The days of "reasonable and prudent" are long gone.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:56 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
You are such a wimp
LMAO
Old 11-27-2017, 02:15 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

With 812SF already beating the TDF.. is the allure of the special version of the old car so strong?
Old 11-27-2017, 05:53 AM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Kind of depressing how almost none of the examples currently for sale have made it past 500 miles lol

Looks like $500 over is actually fair though.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:34 AM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

It seems to me the car to get and enjoy driving is the 812, reviewed with glowing praise, built to your spec and with no overs, then you're less concerned about mileage and future values etc, and while you own a 488 & an 812 you could probably put your name down for an 812TDF, maybe get graced by Ferrari. 500k over list for an F12 TDF, will it stay so high when the 812 version comes out? The 458 Speciale is the last Naturally Aspirated V8 so it'll have unique feature, something collectors and enthusiasts will want, regardless of the 488 Speciale's brilliance, but can the same be said for the F12 TDF?
Old 11-27-2017, 07:50 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
With 812SF already beating the TDF.. is the allure of the special version of the old car so strong?
special car, and I love the architecture.....very 250ish and the older, softer, curvier cars (AC Cobra) are much more appealing to me.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PantsFire
It seems to me the car to get and enjoy driving is the 812, reviewed with glowing praise, built to your spec and with no overs, then you're less concerned about mileage and future values etc, and while you own a 488 & an 812 you could probably put your name down for an 812TDF, maybe get graced by Ferrari. 500k over list for an F12 TDF, will it stay so high when the 812 version comes out? The 458 Speciale is the last Naturally Aspirated V8 so it'll have unique feature, something collectors and enthusiasts will want, regardless of the 488 Speciale's brilliance, but can the same be said for the F12 TDF?
Logically yes, but I dont think a 488 and 812 are enough to get the special edition of the 812. As there were only ~250 or so of the TDFs that came to NA, I think you need a stronger buyer profile with Ferrari to be chosen.

I agree, not sure the car will stay that high, as the Speciales seem to be trending down, and the scuds definitely have lately....but, its a beautiful car, and I'd want to drive it, so no clue what a TDF with 8k + miles would be worth....MSRP? hahaha....
Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Sending you a PM tonight.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:13 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

If anyone really wants one, for the long term, just wait for the 812 race track version. 812 is better at every level. It has the better of the tdf + 2.0 versions of it (example, the electric steering makes the rws more intuitive, more power and same (I think) shorter ratios). Plus Ferrari V12 ferraris are better in GT form, especially the 812 as it doesn't have as much body Land Rover Body roll as the f12.
If you really want a Ferrari V12 (everyone that likes cars will want one), just get an F12 or an 812. F12 is just cheap and freaking awesome. If you want it better, put harder springs and have an RS for the track. V12 Ferraris are the best GT cars in the history of automobiles.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:15 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
If anyone really wants one, for the long term, just wait for the 812 race track version. 812 is better at every level. It has the better of the tdf + 2.0 versions of it (example, the electric steering makes the rws more intuitive, more power and same (I think) shorter ratios). Plus Ferrari V12 ferraris are better in GT form, especially the 812 as it doesn't have as much body Land Rover Body roll as the f12.
If you really want a Ferrari V12 (everyone that likes cars will want one), just get an F12 or an 812. F12 is just cheap and freaking awesome. If you want it better, put harder springs and have an RS for the track. V12 Ferraris are the best GT cars in the history of automobiles.
When a good f12 comes into the $150k range in buying... although, I’d give my hand for one of the manual 599’s...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: anyone have a F12TDF?