Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carmine, don't look here if you hate the color!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 03:39 PM
shaytun
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Love, love Carmine. If I get an allocation this is the color I would get. Congrats!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:17 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

That is such a gorgeous color. Almost makes me reconsider GT Silver for my dream spec, thanks for sharing!! Carmine I think is becoming my second favorite GT3 color.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:21 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
That is such a gorgeous color. Almost makes me reconsider GT Silver for my dream spec, thanks for sharing!! Carmine I think is becoming my second favorite GT3 color.
Sam, carmine was a tough wrench from GT Silver for me. Apart from my Lava RS, I've generally been a Silver/Gray type of fellow. AlanC and others whose Carmine cars were stunning, were my influencers. No regrets with the color!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stunning !!!!! Car ****
Old 11-23-2017, 05:12 PM
indianam3
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts

WOW WOW. That is gorgeous! 2 questions:

1) What has been done to it since it landed, i.e., any paint correction? Any film on any kind on front or any of it? ceramic coating or more traditional wax? etc
2) Did you customize the sills?

Thx!!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:19 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Car looks awesome Haku!! What's your thoughts on the stock exhaust? I was thinking of getting a bypass but a lot of people say the .2 has a nice sound already. I might just leave everything stock and enjoy the car how it came from the factory. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:46 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by indianam3
WOW WOW. That is gorgeous! 2 questions:

1) What has been done to it since it landed, i.e., any paint correction? Any film on any kind on front or any of it? ceramic coating or more traditional wax? etc

Thx!!!!

It was delivered of the truck to the dealer quite dirty. They took the plastic shipping wrapping off, PDI and prep'd it and I got the car picked up and trailered to the PPF people in Atlanta who simply washed it and made it PPF ready. I got it from them last week and have been driving it occasionally without waxes or polishes on it. The car goes to get detailed and ceramic coated next week.

I only got the carbon sills this time as I wanted a continuous carbon sill rather than the plastic stenciled middle piece that Porsche supply with the custom sills.

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Car looks awesome Haku!! What's your thoughts on the stock exhaust? I was thinking of getting a bypass but a lot of people say the .2 has a nice sound already. I might just leave everything stock and enjoy the car how it came from the factory. Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving H.

This is just my impression and I don't want to upset anyone who prefers an alternative. I think the stock exhaust is loud enough. In fact I think it's ideal. Loud when you want it and at idle and low speeds, it has regained that previously lost tin like clanging valve noise that the 997 GT3 used to make. My suggestion would be to try the car as it is and then make the changes you feel you need to. Just an add-on, I like the rawness and nimble skittishness that this car has. It's something I had missed but not realized until I drove the .2

You will absolutely be thrilled with your car! It's fun at any speed! Nuts!
Old 11-23-2017, 06:09 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 428 Posts

Drool...want that car
Old 11-23-2017, 06:18 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Sam, carmine was a tough wrench from GT Silver for me. Apart from my Lava RS, I've generally been a Silver/Gray type of fellow. AlanC and others whose Carmine cars were stunning, were my influencers. No regrets with the color!
Congrats again, even in just the photos the car is breathtaking, and I am sure even better in person. I am hoping for an allocation next year and I'm set on GT Silver since I plan on daily driving the car, otherwise I would be going with Carmine Red for my build especially after your photos. If you don't mind, include some interior shots! Would love to see more
Old 11-23-2017, 06:49 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Haku

It was delivered of the truck to the dealer quite dirty. They took the plastic shipping wrapping off, PDI and prep'd it and I got the car picked up and trailered to the PPF people in Atlanta who simply washed it and made it PPF ready. I got it from them last week and have been driving it occasionally without waxes or polishes on it. The car goes to get detailed and ceramic coated next week.

I only got the carbon sills this time as I wanted a continuous carbon sill rather than the plastic stenciled middle piece that Porsche supply with the custom sills.

Happy Thanksgiving H.

This is just my impression and I don't want to upset anyone who prefers an alternative. I think the stock exhaust is loud enough. In fact I think it's ideal. Loud when you want it and at idle and low speeds, it has regained that previously lost tin like clanging valve noise that the 997 GT3 used to make. My suggestion would be to try the car as it is and then make the changes you feel you need to. Just an add-on, I like the rawness and nimble skittishness that this car has. It's something I had missed but not realized until I drove the .2

You will absolutely be thrilled with your car! It's fun at any speed! Nuts!
Thanks for your input Haku! I really appreciate it. I can't stop looking at your car; it's just perfect. Take it easy.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:29 PM
SIC 58
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful car Haku!
enjoy it and hope to see you soon!
Rob
Old 11-23-2017, 07:47 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts
Default Carmine vs Carmom Metallic

Carmon Red Metallic 997.1 PST 2008 Cab. I made the mistake before looking up the paint code that this was Carmine Red. Close, but uniquely different.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:27 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's the perfect Porsche red.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Stunning.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:45 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice pics!! Congrats on the car. Beautiful spec

Quick Reply: Carmine, don't look here if you hate the color!