Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Bose Matter in a GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 01:55 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

Of all the options that Porsche sells, Bose is priced reasonably well. I had the Sound Package Plus in my 2015 GT3 and it was underwhelming. I've had Bose in other Porsches and the "No Lows; No Highs; It Must Be Bose" smack talk is overdone. And I understand they've improved it for the 991.2 GT3.

The alternative of going aftermarket isn't one I'm comfortable with, as I don't trust the installers mucking around in factory electrical (recall Nick Murray had a bunch of accessories added and then subsequently had numerous electrical issues that may have been directly related).
Old 11-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Of all the options that Porsche sells, Bose is priced reasonably well. I had the Sound Package Plus in my 2015 GT3 and it was underwhelming. I've had Bose in other Porsches and the "No Lows; No Highs; It Must Be Bose" smack talk is overdone. And I understand they've improved it for the 991.2 GT3.

The alternative of going aftermarket isn't one I'm comfortable with, as I don't trust the installers mucking around in factory electrical (recall Nick Murray had a bunch of accessories added and then subsequently had numerous electrical issues that may have been directly related).

sound in motion boston. You can rest easy with these guys
Old 11-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

There's exactly zero probability that I spend a single penny or more on aftermarket stereo upgrades so it seems to me I've gotta just suck it up and get Bose and then never think about it again.

I've got a couple months to make up my mind. By then I imagine the choice will be easy as I'll have beaten my more sensible side into submission.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:38 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

No one is for Radio delete these days?
Old 11-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
No one is for Radio delete these days?
A) It's not available.

B) HELLS NO!! For free I could take the nav system and Apple CarPlay and the stereo and the bluetooth phone stuff and a bunch of speakers and just chuck it all in the trash? Yeah... I'll pass. Anyone that does that and still orders a manual is out of their mind. I mean... you're either going for that last tiniest bit of lap time or you're not.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:08 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Q.
Why Touring chromewindows frame?
A. = retro style

same apply to radio delete
or you pretend to be retrò with an 8" touch display in the cabin?
Old 11-23-2017, 07:51 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Q.
Why Touring chromewindows frame?
A. = retro style

same apply to radio delete
or you pretend to be retrò with an 8" touch display in the cabin?
Really? Does it apply the same? Apples to apples? Thinking.... not so much!

Quick Reply: Does Bose Matter in a GT3?