Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GR Performance Exhaust on my 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

^Correct bbi makes them for GRP.... Graham also reached out to me and I may do this mod and install myself after the holidays. Sounds clean and I like the aggressive tips.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:41 AM
ilovecarbs
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RazzleDazzle
GMG are great. Look closely at the two, other than black coating they are quite different. GMG have the back bar that connects the sides to one. GRP doesn't, there is actually joined inside the tips. Honestly i love the GMG stuff but i wanted to do something different this time and im glad i did.
Is there a noticeable difference in sound/tone between the GRP/BBI bypass and the GMG? Is one louder than the other?
Old 11-21-2017, 12:03 PM
RazzleDazzle
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs
Is there a noticeable difference in sound/tone between the GRP/BBI bypass and the GMG? Is one louder than the other?
I can't compare since I have only had the GRP on my 991.2, sorry.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:31 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 683 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovecarbs
I can only answer for a .1 difference between GMG and bbi from outside the car at an AX event. They sound the exact same, both AWESOME.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:42 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Subscribed.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

I discussed some of GRP's products with Graham and he is super friendly, responsive, and well informed with the needs of our community. I look forward to doing some work with him and his shop in the future.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:49 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Does this sound different from gmg?.. looks built the same..
Old 11-22-2017, 01:00 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Does this sound different from gmg?.. looks built the same..
I think the crossover design is different
Old 11-28-2017, 10:11 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

We are happy to extend our Black Friday & Cyber Monday discount deal of 10% through this Sunday! If you want to get your exhaust, please use code GRP10BF at checkout until this Sunday at midnight! Thanks guys

Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Interesting design. Is there any crossflow from one side to the other?
always good to have options with a bypass.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:37 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes ours is a X-Pipe system, it has a small opening between the 2 pipes.

I certainly respect everyone, we all are in this for fun and passion, but also a business. For me, this is really passion, business is racing, working on and making performance parts is a passion! I love to share that with everyone for sure!

Check us out, I know for a fact having used everyone else's systems before that you will love the ton and particularly the quality of ours. Its the best. No doubt.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:42 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The best ? Looks like a “rip off” of GMG design that they been doing for a decade.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (10-30-2019)
Old 11-29-2017, 02:59 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts
Default OT: Graham and the NSX

Slightly off topic, but last night I was at a talk where the designer of the NSX and project lead were talking at Stanford. They had extremely nice things to say about Graham Rahal's involvement in the development of the new NSX. While they were discussing the actual development work and their drivers, was one of the few authentic bits of the presentation, the presenters really lit up and smiled.

Unfortunately, everything else was painfully contrived corporate speak, where they were trying to explain a commercial project which to this date, seems to have failed miserably on the sales front. You could tell, how the design be committee and heavy-handed direction from HONDA really sucked the life out of the project, which translates to do a passion-less car and sales after two years in the 200-300 range, and massive $50k+ discounts off list price to move the car. Interestingly, a good friend of mine who was sitting next to me at the presentation is the son of a well-known car manufacturer.. and it sparked a conversation about how supercars needs to be vehicles born of a singular, and very daring vision, in order to succeed. The new NSX is exactly the opposite of that, with no soul in it's lines, or mechanical attributes. The presenters were almost apologetic in their explanations, really tough to see such smart people put into a tiny box by a corporation.. that car could have been such a success.

anyway, i got sidetracked.. their few moments of authenticity, came when they gushed about Graham Rahal. ;-D
Old 11-29-2017, 03:27 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Well thanks for this. I loved the NSX project, and in many ways it inspired me to start this business as well. We make some great products for it, that I think help it come into its elements. In that development process, we went through a lot of ups and downs to figure out what we needed more of out of the car. Noise was one. Driver to car interaction and that connected feeling like the first ten NSX had was another. Tire choice was big, and frankly the tires the car are sold with hurt it a lot. We can fix that. In general though, its a great car, and one that people just need to give it a chance. A great alternative to some of the other products on the market, but perhaps the NSX biggest issue was being a bit overpriced from the beginning. Now they are selling, but its taken time. Imagine though, its 918 technology for 150k, not too bad!

In that project we used a lot of Porsche products, Ferrari, Audi R8 etc. It was fun getting to drive them all, find the positives and negatives and work with them!

Again, my business was started over passion. I was and am a consumer of performance parts. I worked with people, dealers, products all over the place, and frankly i just got sick of being jacked around with. Lots of great guys in this business, but lots of flakes too. I have lived the stories, so have you. I started this not believing that i could fix that problem completely, but in my little world I could certainly help my friends, customers, fellow car aficionados looking for a more enjoyable place to play! Thats what we are here to do!
Old 11-30-2017, 04:09 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Probably not. It is probably closer to the bbi exhaust as he has been working with them closely so I would assume they are making them for him.

Either way it looks awesome and going to see if he has them for the .1
Yes, that is correct. We have a partnership with Graham Rahal Performance in which they are our installation center and dealer. The center sections exhaust systems are manufactured by us to same exact specifications with ours. We also manufacturer other products such as the NSX exhaust system which is available excusively through GRP.

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Quick Reply: GR Performance Exhaust on my 991.2 GT3