Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS value impact on MK1 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

F cars were always beautiful to look at but it wasn’t until the F430 that quality started to come in to the picture along with reliability
Old 11-24-2017, 03:49 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
such brilliant thoughts from someone who owns an entry level AMG and a 96 Porsche.
...oh look at that! An ad-hominem because you're butthurt that everything I wrote is true. Don't be so upset. Red-headed stepchildren can still be lovable!

By the way, my 96 is going to surpass the values on the regular 991.1 GT3 in a year or two - in Germany it's probably worth more already.

My 991.2 3-Touring is being built next week.

I've also got a G350D Professional. How many hundred-thousand dollars in vehicles do I need across multiple countries before you can sniff a truth?
Old 11-24-2017, 03:55 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
...oh look at that! An ad-hominem because you're butthurt that everything I wrote is true. Don't be so upset. Red-headed stepchildren can still be lovable!

By the way, my 96 is going to surpass the values on the regular 991.1 GT3 in a year or two - in Germany it's probably worth more already.

My 991.2 3-Touring is being built next week.

I've also got a G350D Professional. How many hundred-thousand dollars in vehicles do I need across multiple countries before you can sniff a truth?

well, you did say game over so I guess it’s truly game over. Except for the fact that even though manual transmission is availble in.2gt3, there are many that are still getting pdk so manual isn’t the end all be all of all things Porsche.

i have a .2 gt3 coming- pdk. So I guess all those PDks aren’t going to be worthless after all.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:04 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

well, you did say game over so I guess it’s truly game over. Except for the fact that even though manual transmission is availble in.2gt3, there are many that are still getting pdk so manual isn’t the end all be all of all things Porsche.

i have a .2 gt3 coming- pdk. So I guess all those PDks aren’t going to be worthless after all.

Oh I see. You use ad-hominems because of a lack reading comprehension? I never said that PDKs were worthless or that manuals were the end-all-be-all. I simply made the point that the lack of a manual option will always affect pricing on the 991.1 because some percent of the market will never be interested in PDK. I even pointed out that it's coming in the 991.2 as well.

Further, pick any vehicle at least ten years old that offered a choice of transmission and check out the value difference...historically, collectors simply prefer manuals.

So now that you've failed to refute even one point - care to try again?
Old 11-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

I mean this seriously... If your options are a PDK .2 RS 10 years from now or a 997.2 RS with a manual --- why would anyone choose a 991.1 RS except due to a significant break in the price? The 997.2 will provide more of an analog experience and the 991.2 will simply outclass the 991.1 in every way including the Motorsport heritage.

Game over.
Yoi are right. I don’t know how to read. You didn’t infer anything about the superiority of manual transmission cars.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

To the op- there will always be 2 kinds of buyers. Those that are buying above their league- saving every last penny to be able to buy the car, stretching themselves financially and then worrying about and constantly predicting resale values.

The other kind of buyer just buys the car when they can justify the value to themselves, drive the hell out of it and worry about 10 year values in 10 years.

no right or wrong but you will get plenty of experts chiming in on what the car will be worth in the future. No one knows what the future values will be. Many don’t really care. Buy the car you want and enjoy the hell out of it.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

.1RS values are set up to tank.

It feels like this generation has had more speculation than any non-limited RS models before it setting it up for a bigger crash.

Huge production compared to previous RS models.

So many new buyers to the brand that weren't Porsche enthusiasts before and don't hold onto their cars like Porsche enthusiasts do.

No manual transmission.

Engine with zero connection to Motorsport as it was never actually raced.

The engine in the 991.1 RS is basically equivalent of the ugly styling of the 996 GT3 and will hold back values far into the future. I think the 991.1 3's are going to be viewed as the red-headed stepchildren of GT models. ....from the normal 3, to the RS, to the R.

I mean this seriously... If your options are a PDK .2 RS 10 years from now or a 997.2 RS with a manual --- why would anyone choose a 991.1 RS except due to a significant break in the price? The 997.2 will provide more of an analog experience and the 991.2 will simply outclass the 991.1 in every way including the Motorsport heritage.

Game over.
1. Good to know .1RS values will tank. I’ll put mine out for recycling tonight.

2. Huge is a relative term. 1500 unite in U.S. is not a lot of cars. Trust me, there are only roughly 3000 WW. PDK also makes these cars more user friendly and accessible. A lot of people prefer PDK. Sales prove that. Have you been to any WC races this year? Find me a MT race car in the paddock.

3. .1RS engine absolutely has Motorsport connection. It was raced in the 2015 GT3R and used and sold in the 2015 GT3R. I’ve pointed this out many times here. Ran flawlessly too.

4. I didn’t know you had xray vision. When I try to see my RS engine I can’t see chit without bumper removal. Moreover, .2 and .1 RS engine are visually identical.

My garbage man will likely be surprised to see this out for recycle.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:17 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Yoi are right. I don’t know how to read. You didn’t infer anything about the superiority of manual transmission cars.
It takes a big man to admit when they're wrong - good on you.

Especially since it's very clear to anyone that can read that all I stated was that the manual provides a more analog experience and I even compared a PDK 991.2 to the PDK 991.1 to intentionally make the point that either way, regardless of transmission choice, the 991.1 is the odd man out. Like you I also believe the 991.2 RS will offer a manual and if I intended to make a manual vs PDK argument I would have compared that
Old 11-24-2017, 04:17 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Waxer- why are you responding? Didn’t you know- the game is over. All .1 rs are scheduled for the trash heap.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:32 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Waxer

1. Good to know .1RS values will tank. I’ll put mine out for recycling tonight.

2. Huge is a relative term. 1500 unite in U.S. is not a lot of cars. Trust me, there are only roughly 3000 WW. PDK also makes these cars more user friendly and accessible. A lot of people prefer PDK. Sales prove that. Have you been to any WC races this year? Find me a MT race car in the paddock.

3. .1RS engine absolutely has Motorsport connection. It was raced in the 2015 GT3R and used and sold in the 2015 GT3R. I’ve pointed this out many times here. Ran flawlessly too.

4. I didn’t know you had xray vision. When I try to see my RS engine I can’t see chit without bumper removal. Moreover, .2 and .1 RS engine are visually identical.

My garbage man will likely be surprised to see this out for recycle.

The 991.1 RS production is like triple the 997.2 3.8 then.

Honestly, I wasn't aware of the connection to the 2015 R. Thanks for pointing that out. If that's true than I think that's great thing for you guys that own one.

You misinterpreted my intent on the comparison of the engine in the 991.1 to the 996. I wasn't referring to the looks of the engine in any way. I was stating that those were the big items that would keep future purchasers from the models.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:33 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Waxer- why are you responding? Didn’t you know- the game is over. All .1 rs are scheduled for the trash heap.
Maybe because he has something of value to add. You should try it sometime.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:57 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

considering the 6000 owners around going against the RS hypes is a difficult job

i think its worth 187k
brand new

or Porsche was so stupid to underprice a product ??
Old 11-24-2017, 05:22 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

u know, if you dont drive it at all, the car will keep value
if you are like the rest of us who actually use the car, today in heavy fog and wet pavment, god forbids....
there will be no value left
but my cheeks are very wrinkled from smiles.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:28 PM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
i think its worth 187k
brand new

or Porsche was so stupid to underprice a product ??
honestly. i think yes. it would have even worked out if it would have been 250k base. and the creepy fact - it would be still worth it. (compared with other cars or also older Porsche cars)
currently the best bang for the buck within the whole market: 991.1 GT3
Old 11-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
u know, if you dont drive it at all, the car will keep value
if you are like the rest of us who actually use the car, today in heavy fog and wet pavment, god forbids....
there will be no value left
but my cheeks are very wrinkled from smiles.

Love that white! Mine is similar:

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS value impact on MK1 RS