Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 .2 Used Car Sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I do plan to trade my .2 back to my dealer if I am fortunate enough to secure a .2 RS allocation. Otherwise I hope to keep this one for a long time. The flippers make me angry for the folks who desperately want a car and have to wait. Just seems unfair. I have seen a few flippers already on Ebay and Autotrader. Private sales as well as Autotrader. Mind-numbing to think of those out there buying these cars just to flip for a profit. You reap what you sow.

- Chris
Old 11-21-2017, 01:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by Hams955
I do plan to trade my .2 back to my dealer if I am fortunate enough to secure a .2 RS allocation. Otherwise I hope to keep this one for a long time. The flippers make me angry for the folks who desperately want a car and have to wait. Just seems unfair. I have seen a few flippers already on Ebay and Autotrader. Private sales as well as Autotrader. Mind-numbing to think of those out there buying these cars just to flip for a profit. You reap what you sow.

- Chris
+1...my dealer is getting my car back when it's time to move on...I don't care if they offer me a bit less than I'd get if I sold it privately. They sold me the car for MSRP so it's only good karma that they get the car back when I'm ready to sell it. Don't get me started on flippers and stealers...
Old 11-21-2017, 01:12 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
+1...my dealer is getting my car back when it's time to move on...I don't care if they offer me a bit less than I'd get if I sold it privately. They sold me the car for MSRP so it's only good karma that they get the car back when I'm ready to sell it. Don't get me started on flippers and stealers...
+1 back to you sir. My SA has been extremely loyal to me and helped me with an allocation when the owner of the dealership specifically prohibits giving allocations to out of market clients. With that to say, my SA understands the value of a relationship and I would make sure to reward those efforts by sending my car back if/when she is able to procure an allocation for a RS model. Without question she has earned my business for as long as I am able to purchase Porsche automobiles.

Either way, I feel blessed to have 1) attained the financial ability to own one of these cars and 2) fortunate enough to have received an early allocation to purchase one. I would never squander that opportunity to make $$$. Again, you reap what you sow.

- Chris.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:19 AM
Salespunk
Instructor

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts

I understand the frustration about pricing, but basic economics says this is working as an efficient market. Anger towards the dealers is misdirected at best. They are not in business to make sure that every person that wants a car gets one at or below sticker, they are there to make a profit. How many people on this board would be willing to do their job for less than market value? Any business owners that are willing to discount their products when it is not required to sell them? Maybe you want to pay sticker at your preferred dealer for models that are being discounted elsewhere...

Porsche corporate IMO has made several mistakes (along with Ferrari/Ford/etc for that matter) with either pricing or production. The fact that dealers can get ADM says that the manufacturers are not charging enough for their products or not producing enough of them. This is costing these companies hundreds of millions of dollars in profits that are being transferred directly to their dealers. Now hopefully AP is true to his word and they do build enough cars so that everyone who wants one gets it at sticker. If so then those people that are willing to pay significant premiums to be early owners or speculating will be throwing their money away. If not the only company to blame is Porsche Corporate. I know it sucks, but remember that MSRP is Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.

Quick Reply: GT3 .2 Used Car Sales