Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More than half of 911s sold in the US in September and October are GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

The sales numbers are skewed a bit. It's just the initial ramp up of a new model.

Remember, the GT3 only started production not long ago, and they have a August holiday break. Some cars are stuck on their lot until after the holiday is over before shipping. And cars arriving now to this side of the Atlantic was in production up to early Nov, takes them 4-6 weeks to get cars over. My car was a Oct production and I just took delivery last week.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:34 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

There is certainly a lag so the numbers don't line up perfectly, but the point is still there. The number sitting on the lot is hard to know exactly, but I don't think it is that significant.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
The sales numbers are skewed a bit. It's just the initial ramp up of a new model.

Remember, the GT3 only started production not long ago, and they have a August holiday break. Some cars are stuck on their lot until after the holiday is over before shipping. And cars arriving now to this side of the Atlantic was in production up to early Nov, takes them 4-6 weeks to get cars over. My car was a Oct production and I just took delivery last week.
true indeed. I figured this was an initial surge in production. I would be surprised if production of this GT3 was close to the .1 since in theory, shouldn’t the life cycle of this one be shorter before intro of 992?

also congrats! Did you post pics?
Old 12-04-2017, 02:13 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,183 Likes on 775 Posts

Canada is 1/10 of the USA in market size, basically we get 1/10 of the shipment the US gets. That's why it seems 'unfair'.
Of course we cannot expect the same number of cars as the US. No country can. That aside it would seem that Canadian demand isn't anywhere close to being met. Apparently all allocations are allocated. Dealers here stating that allocation numbers are low. Whereas in the US you have cars available from dealers now.

RS is going to roll along soon. Whole new set of buyers for those in Canada or are they going to the same GT3 buyers. I would think mix of both. Lists are full (not that those have a huge weighting).

Might just be my frustration and 2 year old deposit speaking.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Of course we cannot expect the same number of cars as the US. No country can. That aside it would seem that Canadian demand isn't anywhere close to being met. Apparently all allocations are allocated. Dealers here stating that allocation numbers are low. Whereas in the US you have cars available from dealers now.

RS is going to roll along soon. Whole new set of buyers for those in Canada or are they going to the same GT3 buyers. I would think mix of both. Lists are full (not that those have a huge weighting).

Might just be my frustration and 2 year old deposit speaking.
There is actually a simple answer to that.

In Canada dealers are not allowed to tag on market adjustment. So every car is sold at MSRP to a REAL buyer. Cars get ordered, built, shipped, then customers pick them up right away. Only cars sitting on showrooms are sold cars that the owners hasn't has time to come and pick them up.

In the USA dealers are entering bogus customer informations to the system to pretend a car is 'SOLD CAR' to a real customer when in fact it is just a 'stock' car they had ordered. That way when the car comes they can tag on whatever market adjustment they want and see who would walk in and pay that first to take the car off the showroom. Had the USA used the same system as Canada, there will never be any unsold GT3 sitting on lots.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:19 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think this is punishment for Brexit. They gave all the UK's cars to the US
Old 12-04-2017, 06:28 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,265 Likes on 616 Posts

Originally Posted by PantsFire
I think this is punishment for Brexit. They gave all the UK's cars to the US
Good luck getting those right-hand drive cars registered in the US . I kid, of course.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:19 PM
PantsFire
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Good luck getting those right-hand drive cars registered in the US . I kid, of course.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:13 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Agree, but many who want to drive a less in your face carrera also prefer PDK for heavy traffic or for older joints.

Now if Porsche decided to offer PDK-S as an option for the GT3 touring, I think overall .2 GT3 demand would increase by another 30% overnight, (and corresponding demand for the turbo carrera drop by a further 30%, which wouldn’t help PAG emissions numbers)
maybe order regular pdk GT3 and a Touring backlid

installation 20 minutes done Touring pdk
Old 12-04-2017, 08:20 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

The smell is that is PCNA that likes ADMs for strange reasons...
Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,183 Likes on 775 Posts

There is actually a simple answer to that.

In Canada dealers are not allowed to tag on market adjustment. So every car is sold at MSRP to a REAL buyer. Cars get ordered, built, shipped, then customers pick them up right away. Only cars sitting on showrooms are sold cars that the owners hasn't has time to come and pick them up.

In the USA dealers are entering bogus customer informations to the system to pretend a car is 'SOLD CAR' to a real customer when in fact it is just a 'stock' car they had ordered. That way when the car comes they can tag on whatever market adjustment they want and see who would walk in and pay that first to take the car off the showroom. Had the USA used the same system as Canada, there will never be any unsold GT3 sitting on lots.
For sure.

My point was that a consumer can buy a car in the US irrespective of how those cars became available and without being profiled by the dealer. In Canada I cannot. For somebody in my shoes that’s a bonus. Especially at ADMs of $10k.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
For sure.

My point was that a consumer can buy a car in the US irrespective of how those cars became available and without being profiled by the dealer. In Canada I cannot. For somebody in my shoes that €™s a bonus. Especially at ADMs of $10k.
I think you'll be surprised to hear that dealers in Canada do in fact charge an ADM; its not just a widely known or as transparent. Its sometimes hidden in trade-in to obtain said GT3, or having to purchase Xpel treatments, wheel protection and other packages in order to secure a car. Ask me how I know...
Old 12-04-2017, 09:26 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 235 Posts

Not entirely true as my post above states. Dealers in Canada are not dumb and know how to get people into GT3's without advertising the ADM; its just covered elsewhere.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Not entirely true as my post above states. Dealers in Canada are not dumb and know how to get people into GT3's without advertising the ADM; its just covered elsewhere.
Canadian stealers, eh?
Old 12-04-2017, 09:34 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Canadian stealers, eh?
But they always say “sorry” first

Quick Reply: More than half of 911s sold in the US in September and October are GT3