Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Great news
you guys can get back on track
Leipzig was the best
Old 11-27-2017, 08:19 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Good news. I have done two EDs in the past 4 years with more planned in the more distant future. Glad this was not a permanent stoppage.

Still not on the configurator yet though.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts
Default confirmed

by PCNA ED dept; ED is resuming, now booking for 2018, a maximum of six months out at this point ...
Old 11-28-2017, 01:49 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Larry, don't you mean a minimum (as in first available slot is at least 6 months out?)
Old 11-28-2017, 01:53 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Capacity for the US market for ED in 2018 has been increased with addition of new delivery center in Zuffenhausen - lead times are reduced from 2017. The suspension of the program has indeed been resolved.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:42 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Larry, don't you mean a minimum (as in first available slot is at least 6 months out?)
sorry yes - on vacation and not thinking!
Old 11-29-2017, 10:25 AM
niqui7ladoo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer called and confirmed it’s back on / working on confirming if my April date is still the same.

Quick innane question / Do you guys normally get your cars wrapped in Europe before ripping around Europe for two weeks? Who is the standard go to person/pricing ... I went PTS, so I’m feeling more **** than normal.

I chose leipzig delivery since I understood that location was more fun from
a driving standpoint, but no museum.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 10:50 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo
Dealer called and confirmed it’s back on / working on confirming if my April date is still the same.

Quick innane question / Do you guys normally get your cars wrapped in Europe before ripping around Europe for two weeks? Who is the standard go to person/pricing ... I went PTS, so I’m feeling more **** than normal.

Thanks
I was going to take some of that xpel tracwrap http://www.xpel.com/product/tracwrap...otection-film/ to use while in Europe (I ended up being one of the people who got a "loaner" car instead of driving my own, so I didn't use it).

I have not done an E/D in Stuttgart, so I can't speak to the "more fun" point directly, but I can say I did it in Leipzig, and that was a TON of fun. Driving a GT3 on their test track for an hour and a half was fantastic. Even my wife drove 10 or 15 laps with an instructor, and loved it. And there is a (smaller) museum in Leipzig, which is fun although not as elaborate as the one in Stuttgart (we went there, too).

In any event, the Leipzig E/D experience is certainly fantastic - I would highly recommend.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:59 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Thanks
I didn’t get it wrapped and did >2500 miles and three track days without issue. I saw some people did the temporary track wrap product, but it took them a while and didn’t look very good for photos. Near Leipzig there is a shop called Creasigns that has done wraps. If you search the ED forum you will see more details about them and others near Stuttgart. Plan on losing a day while they do it, although there was talk that somebody go them to do it before delivery. Jamie in the ED department of PCNA can tell you what is possible.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:26 PM
otisdog
Pro

I got mine wrapped the day I took delivery...nothing scarier than driving 100 yards out of the delivery center and handing the keys of your brand new Porsche to somebody that you have never seen! I'm glad I did . Took some rocks @ Spa that would have caused damage, but the Expel did it's job. If you're planning on doing a wrap, might as well get it done as soon as possible.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:28 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by otisdog
I got mine wrapped the day I took delivery...nothing scarier than driving 100 yards out of the delivery center and handing the keys of your brand new Porsche to somebody that you have never seen! I'm glad I did . Took some rocks @ Spa that would have caused damage, but the Expel did it's job. If you're planning on doing a wrap, might as well get it done as soon as possible.
I contacted that shop out of Leipzig to see if there is a way to have the wrap done before arriving, waiting 1-2 days just sitting around for pff doesn’t make sense. At the same time, I wouldn’t want a guy from the shop taking delivery and driving my car which I’ve never driven to the shop. Is there like a tow service?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:34 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Although it looks lousy, temporary Track Wrap is the best bet, imo.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:36 PM
otisdog
Pro

Actually, Jamie from the Euro delivery program recommended the guys I used. Once that happened,I felt fine (well, almost...) handing the car over to them.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:23 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

My car is currently getting a partial clear bra and Ceramic Pro coating (including wheels). My local shop (Kirby at Colorado Clear Bra) is really good and they've had the car for 4 days and counting.

He he was able to get the wrap under the headlights in both front bumper and fenders without removing them.

I wouldn't want a faster job at the expense of quality and I certainly wouldn't want to wait for a week during my vacation. The Track Wrap takes an hour to apply (if you're OCD) and comes off in 5 minutes. Probably even more protective than a permanent wrap.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:27 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
My car is currently getting a partial clear bra and Ceramic Pro coating (including wheels). My local shop is really good and they've had the car for 4 days and counting. I wouldn't want a faster job at the expense of quality and I certainly wouldn't want to wait for a week during my vacation. The Track Wrap takes an hour to apply (if you're OCD) and comes off in 5 minutes. Probably even more protective than a permanent wrap.
Good points, but as the car will stay in Europe for months, track wrap not ideal. If I can have the work done ahead of time, it can take as long as they need.

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery Stopped