991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 High Oil Pressure

Old 11-17-2018, 03:00 AM
Quikag
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
Totally normal. Just like someone else said, Porsche just doesn't adjust the analog gauge for the GT cars. Must be too expensive lol...

Same thing for the fuel gauge if you have an extended tank. Doesn't read properly.
Exactly, and they have 10 button blanks in the center console instead of spending $10 per car to mold a plastic piece which has the right number of button holes for the number of buttons each six figure 911 has.

Even GM has different blank configurations for their center console buttons at the bottom of the dash depending on which options you have so it doesn’t show whether you are missing options on their 2014-2018 trucks or not. It’s a nice touch.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:19 AM
FourT6and2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Quikag View Post

Exactly, and they have 10 button blanks in the center console instead of spending $10 per car to mold a plastic piece which has the right number of button holes for the number of buttons each six figure 911 has.

Even GM has different blank configurations for their center console buttons at the bottom of the dash depending on which options you have so it doesn’t show whether you are missing options on their 2014-2018 trucks or not. It’s a nice touch.

Those blank button blanks are there for a reason. There's a pez candy behind each one! It's like a go-fast advent calendar.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:21 PM
MeasureTwice
New User

Appreciate so much the Rennlist community for sharing information. This thread is spot on for this issue that came up for me this morning. Breaking in my 2018 991.2 GT3 (~270 miles, all at/below 5000 RPM, so far) and noticed the oil pressure bar up near the redline at 67-71 PSI, idles ~35-40. Responses above helped bring my blood pressure back to the middle of the gauge.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:27 PM
gluinca
User

Thanks Reenlist!
I just change my oil on my .2 GT3 at 830 miles and noticed the oil pressure was near the red with 65 PSI at 5000 RPM.I got worried but this thread put me at ease....Thank You!....Quick note when that oil comes out of the side it really pours so of be ready. I had to do a bit of clean up. ( at 900 miles i'm going to 9000 been a long wait :-)))
Old 03-10-2019, 07:40 PM
mrhamamg
User

Mine at redline shows 5 on the left analog scale and 71psi on the digital. Think it was lower before I switched to 5W50 oil but not sure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 High Oil Pressure

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: